Beautiful Insignia

A Knitter

Embarked today in Istanbul. Smooth move at 1100 hrs. This cruise is the Historic Holy Land. We spent 5 days in Jerusalem, 2 days in Cappadocia and arrived in Istanbul Sunday. We could see her from our Hotel Neorion across the water. Majestic as always. From what I have seen so far completely refurbished. New carpets and upholstery throughout. I went to hang our clothes and the knob on the closet came off. It was fixed within 10 minutes. LOL. See familiar faces. Leslie our CD. Hugs from others we know. I am not as diligent as Laraine is (Pacheco18) in posting but will post as I hope others will. Tomorrow the christening. Our Butler Named is very charming. Already used the laundry which was busy from BB passengers. More to follow but I wanted everyone to know she is as beautiful as ever.

Hi, Knitter, so happy to see your post, since no one from the first post-refurb cruise has written anything about Insignia's new improvements! Look forward to your sharing your experiences/opinions on her new look.

Donna

Dinner at Polo tonite. Steak prepared as ordered. No complaints. A lot of passengers either out on tours or not onboard yet. What I find interesting is Oceania put all of this money in cosmetic surgery of the interior but still have the cabin phones from the 80's. LOL.

Embarked today in Istanbul. Smooth move at 1100 hrs. This cruise is the Historic Holy Land. We spent 5 days in Jerusalem, 2 days in Cappadocia and arrived in Istanbul Sunday. We could see her from our Hotel Neorion across the water. Majestic as always. From what I have seen so far completely refurbished. New carpets and upholstery throughout. I went to hang our clothes and the knob on the closet came off. It was fixed within 10 minutes. LOL. See familiar faces. Leslie our CD. Hugs from others we know. I am not as diligent as Laraine is (Pacheco18) in posting but will post as I hope others will. Tomorrow the christening. Our Butler Named is very charming. Already used the laundry which was busy from BB passengers. More to follow but I wanted everyone to know she is as beautiful as ever.

Just repost my photos. Lol. All 3 ships are identical

Nice that we are enjoying a parallel universe

Next we need to be on the same ship at the same time

Glad they put the phones at the bottom of the list--rarely use them. :p (Ha Ha - except for room service).

We board in Istanbul June 30th, so we are looking forward to seeing it's "face lift."

Are all of the laundry machines working now?

Who are the Maitre'D's?

We've been on some other ships this year, and we really miss O.

Glad they put the phones at the bottom of the list--rarely use them. :p (Ha Ha - except for room service).

We board in Istanbul June 30th, so we are looking forward to seeing it's "face lift."

Who are the Maitre'D's?

P

Wi-fi certainly hasn't improved. I signed on as my husband was getting in the shower and it finally came up as he was putting on his socks. LOL. I am happy it works. Trying to download photos and post them would be a task. pacheco18 is posting photos a mirror image of the Insignia if you want to see the decor.

One washing machine was out of service yesterday. Too bad they didn't add a others. I believe the Maitre D in the GDR is Vladimir Savic. Not sure about the others. Today is the christening of the ship and there is a big event in the GDR for several hours.

I do miss the spread they used to have in Horizons in the morning. The coffee is from the machine which I do not like and unlike Marina in the terrace you can get a brewed cup around 5:30-6 in the morning. Hot water and lemon until room service.

Good news is there is new gym equipment much better than on the O ships. After being away from our gym for several weeks now, I was elated to work out (sick huh)instead of my cardio videos I brought along.

Breakfast at the Terrace cafe same as usual. Lots to choose from.

We left the ship briefing this morning and all of the Officers were friendly coming and going.

Our Butler Nemad is breath of fresh air and I see why they choose the best of the best for these sailings.

More later. Maria

Great to read a reveiw about Insignia, what about the foodquality onboard?

Keep up the good work A Knitter, and thanks for the updates!

There was a christening lunch buffet in the GDR. I do not eat very much although there are others who make up for what I don't eat. I overdosed on huge shrimp cocktail, crab legs and lobster salad. There was paella, prime rib, etc. Food is subjective but if anyone complains about this feast, their head needs to be examined.

Later early afternoon, the Founders, Joe and Barbara Watters christened the Insignia. This is I believe the 5th sailing since it returned to the Fleet. There was live Turkish entertainment and a gorgeous belly dancer who wowed the crowds especially the Officers. It was Hosted with drinks and canapés.

Cabin breakfast the same. Our food was hot and good. I ate so much of the seafood I could not eat dinner especially after what we ordered for afternoon snacks although my Husband managed to order a Caesar Salad.

There are a few children onboard between the ages of 9-14? Maybe. So far well behaved. Parents seem to have a handle. Some adults however need supervision.

I did notice several men and women wearing worn out blue jeans in the GDR for lunch Buffett. Sad Oceania does not want to enforce the dress code for fear of hurting some ones feelings. Country club casual as defined in our Club does not permit denim. We were overdressed. Even the crew were a little shocked when some dressed inappropriately walked by.

The Maitre D promised to have brewed coffee in Horizons. He remembered us from a previous cruise that we get rise very early and like coffee before working out at the gym at 6:00 a.m.

Tomorrow, Kusadasi and then dinner by invitation with the Watters at Toscana. If time permits, I will post late tomorrow.

TV shows suck. No Law and Order. we are watching a silly movie as I write this. nothing else on.

But you can watch Jacques cook his version of fast food 24/7. Lol

All sounds good.

We have both brewed coffee and machine in horizons early am here on Regatta. However, my first stop is Baristas

Keep the updates coming

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by pacheco18

Thank you A knitter. The most exciting news is that Vladimir is there. We just love him. Someone told me he had moved to Regent, but glad to hear that he is there. I hope he wasn't just there for the christening.

Sorry to hear about the washing machines. :rolleyes:

Glad to hear that you are enjoying everything. How can one not while on O with their fabulous food and crew.

I just can't wait. I still have until June 30th to board, and isn't it terrible for me to wish time away so I can be onboard. ;)

I did notice several men and women wearing worn out blue jeans in the GDR for lunch Buffett. Sad Oceania does not want to enforce the dress code for fear of hurting some ones feelings.

Maria they were probably designer jeans so according O they are acceptable ;)

Glad you are enjoying the cruise

Lyn

Maria they were probably designer jeans so according O they are acceptable ;)

Glad you are enjoying the cruise

Lyn

Sadly, Lyn These were not! Since there was just a thread on this before leaving, thought I would comment. We are having a good time.

spindrift. Vladimir came through with brewed coffee this morning in Horizons. yeah!!

Who are the Maitre'D's?

Just finished the Athens to Istanbul cruise on Insignia and Maitre d's were Marius at Polo Grill and Enzo at Toscana. Both were excellent.

The ship looks fantastic and the entire crew were wonderful, which was just as well as the atmosphere amongst a vast number of the passengers was poisonous as a result of all feeling disrespected by Oceania management in the way they handled the itinerary changes as a result of the Crimean conflict.

I'm, scratching my head here but it's always been my impression that levis/jeans are okay in the GDR for LUNCH ... just not dinner.

Have I been wrong all these years? I frequently wore jeans to lunch in the GDR on Marina these past few weeks and I wasn't alone.

'Course, mine don't have holes in them ... but neither are they "designer" jeans.

A waiter one day said we'd have a grand brunch on the cruise, which certainly could have happened because we had plenty of sea days (NYC to Dover) and at least one of them was on a Sunday. But it never happened ...

Mura

I'm, scratching my head here but it's always been my impression that levis/jeans are okay in the GDR for LUNCH ... just not dinner.

Have I been wrong all these years? I frequently wore jeans to lunch in the GDR on Marina these past few weeks and I wasn't alone.

'Course, mine don't have holes in them ... but neither are they "designer" jeans.

A waiter one day said we'd have a grand brunch on the cruise, which certainly could have happened because we had plenty of sea days (NYC to Dover) and at least one of them was on a Sunday. But it never happened ...

Mura

Jus got off 40 days and there were plenty of jeans and never a brunch.. I guess it's a thing of the past.

Wow -- I'm really in trouble -- I've worn jeans, zip-offs, and even cargo shorts (gasp) in the GDR for lunch, brunch and even breakfast! If folks expect country club casual before 6 PM, I'll have to find a different cruise line!

Mura

Jus got off 40 days and there were plenty of jeans and never a brunch.. I guess it's a thing of the past.

As far as the jeans in the GDR for lunch, I bet all of yours were clean and not if you had been riding into town on a Gunsmoke episode. This was a very, very nice Buffet in honor of the christening. In our country club, perhaps not yours, denim is not allowed in the restaurant. i just reported. Don't shoot the messenger.

As I walk throughout the ship and experience the new furnishings, I escaped this morning to use the Canyon Spa after a workout. Unfortunately, since the spa is leased, they failed to update the hot tub. The tub is cracked in several places and some the jets do not work. It wasn't very hot and really needs cosmetic surgery.

Trivia today had 7 of us.

Great to hear you've started out happily. Istanbul one of my top 3 favorite cities. I am an upcoming first timer on Oceania sailing on Insignia. How is the embarkation process and would I be able to board earlier than the 3:00 designated time? Thanks for advice. Btw, PS in my handle stands for Palm Springs so we are neighbors (sort of). Enjoy.

Great to hear you've started out happily. Istanbul one of my top 3 favorite cities. I am an upcoming first timer on Oceania sailing on Insignia. How is the embarkation process and would I be able to board earlier than the 3:00 designated time? Thanks for advice. Btw, PS in my handle stands for Palm Springs so we are neighbors (sort of). Enjoy.

We arrived at the terminal around 10:30. OS, VS and PH We were able to board at 1100 and shortly after, they announced everyone else could board. There were not that many of us who arrived at that time. I have been in other categories and able to board earlier. Just depends.

Please email me at doucieangel@gmail.com and I can tell you about Istanbul.

We live in Bermuda Dunes, once home of the Bob Hope Classic course, about 30 miles east of Palm Springs.

Wow -- I'm really in trouble -- I've worn jeans, zip-offs, and even cargo shorts (gasp) in the GDR for lunch, brunch and even breakfast! If folks expect country club casual before 6 PM, I'll have to find a different cruise line!

I'm with you, Don! Perhaps it's a S. Florida thing, though. ;)

I live just east of you in Stuart.

I'm with you' date=' Don! Perhaps it's a S. Florida thing, though. ;)

I live just east of you in Stuart.[/quote']

I don't want to tick anyone off, I just made an observation. CC members wanted a review of the ship. I don't care what you wear to lunch on the ship. We seldom eat in the GDR, but this buffet was out of the ordinary. It was one of the most specular presentations of food and quality. If you wear blue jeans to a fine upscale restaurant at home, that is your prerogative.