Is it feasible to go back on the ship for lunch and to change while at port?

My first cruise is coming up in a few weeks and we will be in Nassau from 7am-midnight. Our plan for the morning is to check out the rum distillery and some of the other sites in that area and then spend the late afternoon and evening on the beach. My question is, how easy is it to get back on the ship to change, drop off purchases, and possibly have lunch? How long does it take to get on and off in the middle of the day and what does that process entail?

Thank you!

Don't forget to take a photo ID with you. Once you hit the pier building and go through security it is just the walk distance to the ship. Mid-day should be no lines to get on and go grab lunch. I'd say it is 10 minutes from entering the pier building to being back on the ship, or less.

Is everything in Nassau open that late? This is the first time that we too, will be in Nassau until midnight. Usually the ships we are on leaves long before the sun sets.

I can't wait to take photos of the ship at night with all the lights lit.

My first cruise is coming up in a few weeks and we will be in Nassau from 7am-midnight. Our plan for the morning is to check out the rum distillery and some of the other sites in that area and then spend the late afternoon and evening on the beach. My question is, how easy is it to get back on the ship to change, drop off purchases, and possibly have lunch? How long does it take to get on and off in the middle of the day and what does that process entail?

Thank you!

You will need your seapass and a picture ID, drivers license will be sufficent, the lines will vary depending on when other ships in port may be leaving. Worst case getting back on ship during the middle of the day would be 30 minutes, getting back off only a few minutes.

Edited by Mac303

You do need to get your stuff run through the x-ray machine and walk through the metal detectors when you return. Usually, the longest lines are right before the all aboard. But there will be people returning from excursions frequently. I'm guessing that there will be a bunch at lunchtime that have your plan in mind. If we can, we will return around lunch because it's paid for.

It's not a big deal at all. We are usually off the ship and back on a couple of times on long port days. If it's a convenient port like Nassau or Cozumel. You've already paid for the food there so may as well take advantage of it.

Is everything in Nassau open that late? This is the first time that we too, will be in Nassau until midnight. Usually the ships we are on leaves long before the sun sets.

I can't wait to take photos of the ship at night with all the lights lit.

We were thinking of maybe doing the sunset cruise excursion since we will be in port so late. Then again, we are on a "sunset cruise" the entire trip so why pay for an excursion? I figure we will head back on the ship after sunset unless I can find something specific to do into the evening.

We were thinking of maybe doing the sunset cruise excursion since we will be in port so late. Then again, we are on a "sunset cruise" the entire trip so why pay for an excursion? I figure we will head back on the ship after sunset unless I can find something specific to do into the evening.

That sounds interesting though, a sunset excursion. We can probably see things around the island that we couldn't see from our balcony on the cruise ship. Thanks for the idea.

Thank you!

you can be back on in less than 20 minutes. just make sure you take your sea pass card and some photo id. we usually take a drivers license and photo copy of our pass ports.

Depends on a lot of things.

How many ships in port?

How many custom agents, lines, and XRay machines.

We were the only ship in Jamaica and they did a thorough search of everyone coming back to the ship. Xrays, patdowns, opened bags, etc.

We only had 20 to 30 people in line, and it took over one half hour.

Depends on a lot of things.

How many ships in port?

How many custom agents, lines, and XRay machines.

We were the only ship in Jamaica and they did a thorough search of everyone coming back to the ship. Xrays, patdowns, opened bags, etc.

We only had 20 to 30 people in line, and it took over one half hour.

What port in Jamaica does pat downs of everyone?

The 4 night Enchantment out of Port Canaveral. The day before we will *hopefully* be in Cococay 8am-5pm.

Thanks. You don't want to know my success rate with Coco Cay. :D Have a great trip.

What port in Jamaica does pat downs of everyone?

We were in Falmouth. One time. This is what we experienced.

Maybe it was just that one day and only that one day, but it took a long time to get back on the ship.

Personally, I had a pack of cigarettes. They took the pack and removed every cigarette. I had to empty every pocket. I had to dump everything out of a bag which had cuban cigars and some hunk of wood carved in China.

And Jamaican customs did not care a lick about how long it took to get back on the ship.

And that is the reason under NO CIRCUMSTANCES will I ever set foot on Jamaican soil again.

Just making a point, stuff happens.

We were in Falmouth. One time. This is what we experienced.

Maybe it was just that one day and only that one day, but it took a long time to get back on the ship.

Personally, I had a pack of cigarettes. They took the pack and removed every cigarette. I had to empty every pocket. I had to dump everything out of a bag which had cuban cigars and some hunk of wood carved in China.

And Jamaican customs did not care a lick about how long it took to get back on the ship.

And that is the reason under NO CIRCUMSTANCES will I ever set foot on Jamaican soil again.

Just making a point, stuff happens.

Hmmm I wonder if it had to do with a certain other type of thing that is smoked a lot in Jamacia. Maybe they had recently caught some people sneaking it on board? Sorry you had such a bad experience. We'll be in Jamacia next year.

Hmmm I wonder if it had to do with a certain other type of thing that is smoked a lot in Jamacia. Maybe they had recently caught some people sneaking it on board? Sorry you had such a bad experience. We'll be in Jamacia next year.

Not that big a big deal. What bothered me was the attitude of customs. They seemed to really enjoy inconveniencing everyone and seemed to be having a good time in so doing.