Is it feasible to go back on the ship for lunch and to change while at port?

When you say you need photo ID with you, can you use your passport as i dont have a drivers licence?

Yes any government issued photo id will do. Just to add this applies to those 16 and up. Under 16 just needs their seapass.

Thank you so much for the replies! I'm glad to know it's so easy.

It's not always easy, but you have been given good advice which applies to your port and this cruise. Allure or Oasis go to this port and have a much shorter stay. In Belize you tender about 20 minutes each way, but your plan sounds good for this case.

The 4 night Enchantment out of Port Canaveral. The day before we will *hopefully* be in Cococay 8am-5pm.

CoCo Cay is my favorite port and I have had good luck so far. The snorkeling is a lot of fun there. Nassau is easy to get on and off the ship. Have a great first cruise.

Not that big a big deal. What bothered me was the attitude of customs. They seemed to really enjoy inconveniencing everyone and seemed to be having a good time in so doing.

Had the same thing happen to us in Falmouth. Took everything out of our bags, confiscated all liquids even unopened bottled waters. If my cruise stops there I won't get off the ship.

My first cruise is coming up in a few weeks and we will be in Nassau from 7am-midnight. Our plan for the morning is to check out the rum distillery and some of the other sites in that area and then spend the late afternoon and evening on the beach. My question is, how easy is it to get back on the ship to change, drop off purchases, and possibly have lunch? How long does it take to get on and off in the middle of the day and what does that process entail?

Thank you!

With that long of a time in Nassau you'll have no problem whatsoever going back to the ship for lunch and to change for the afternoon/evening.

Easy as pie to go back to the ship ... just need your cruise card (needed) and in case you are ask have a government issued photo ID.

It only takes a couple of minutes. :)

LuLu

As one reply indicated, take note of the number of ships in port with you. On my 2 Allure visits we had be back on the ship at a ridiculously early time. The lines get get back through security into the port started getting longer at noon. When I was there on Majesty the last time there were only two ships in port. I've been in Nassau with I think 6 ships at the lines could get long as their departure times got close.

The dock in Nassau is pretty long and we usually find ourselves tied up at the very end so it is a long walk. At least for me it is. Not as convenient as other ports where the dock is not so long.

I'm with you on this one. We are almost ALWAYS the last ship on the dock. I know I've already paid for the food on the ship, but that LONG walk down the pier is not worth it for me just to have lunch. I'll pick up a Whopper at Burger King ;)

Thank goodness someone agrees with me!! I was beginning to think I was a crazy. That walk is long and hot! If you are lucky enough to be docked in one of the first berths then it's not so bad. But if you're in one of the last couple of places forget it! Doing that walk once each way is plenty for me.

I think maybe some of the responses were more for other ports than Nassau.

Thank goodness someone agrees with me!! I was beginning to think I was a crazy. That walk is long and hot! If you are lucky enough to be docked in one of the first berths then it's not so bad. But if you're in one of the last couple of places forget it! Doing that walk once each way is plenty for me.

I think maybe some of the responses were more for other ports than Nassau.

Wow I'll have to look up how long the dock really is. I don't mind walking as long as it a reasonable amount.

Wow I'll have to look up how long the dock really is. I don't mind walking as long as it a reasonable amount.

It's really going to depend on where your ship docks. Nassau can handle lots of ships at one time. Can't remember exactly but I think 6 or 7- maybe someone who knows for sure can comment.

Have you ever been to Labadee? The dock is longer than that one.

If you are near the end it's a long walk. And a lot depends on your age and general health. For someone like me who is let's just say over 55 :D and has asthma it's very hard to walk that distance. My daughter is in her 40's and finds it a long walk .

Just wait until you get there but get off the ship prepared to have lunch on shore if the walk is too much.

Have a great cruise.

Edited by dixieva