price adjust or obc

bones774

Just noticed my cruise price dropped from what i paid, leaving in 2 weeks. I will ask me t/a for an adjustment or obc and see what he says. if he says there is nothing he can do can i call NCL direct?or should i do that right away myself.

Thnaks

Just noticed my cruise price dropped from what i paid, leaving in 2 weeks. I will ask me t/a for an adjustment or obc and see what he says. if he says there is nothing he can do can i call NCL direct?or should i do that right away myself.

Thnaks

You will have to go through your TA. NCL will not discuss this with you as your TA owns the reservation. Ask them to call and ask what is possible. They will probably ask you to hold on the other line to say yes or no to any offer. We have done this and our TA was very cooperative. The most likely offer, if any, will be for an upgrade or possibly an upsell to your room if prices have dropped for other categories. If nothing is available for upgrade, they MAY offer some OBC, but no guarantees. We have gone from mini to suite for less than $200 total, sometimes free upgrades are possible. Good luck.

great, thanks

I would be surprised if you got OBC, but our TA was able to get an upgraded cabin when this happened. We'd booked a balcony and I went and found the original one. It was one of those metal ones all the way forward down a maze before you found it. Ended up with a nice midship balcony, no money.

Another TA did the same for us on HAL....no money but got an upgrade from inside to oceanview for no extra money.

Tell us what happens when your TA calls....always good to know. A lot depends on how full the ship is.

I will say that price drops are common on Carnival, and they even have a specific page on their website to just pull up pricing information. But I'm not sure about Princess or Disney.

With that being said, and given some of the responses on this thread, is price drop OBC not given on NCL? I never book with the intentions of getting any, but it's nice to have a little cushion for on board spending.

I will say that price drops are common on Carnival, and they even have a specific page on their website to just pull up pricing information. But I'm not sure about Princess or Disney.

With that being said, and given some of the responses on this thread, is price drop OBC not given on NCL? I never book with the intentions of getting any, but it's nice to have a little cushion for on board spending.

NCL contract states that they are not required to make any adjustments after final payment. Depending upon the sailing, they have, in some cases, offered upgrades (free or for a price), or sometimes a small amount of OBC. However, they are not required to do anything.

I will say that price drops are common on Carnival, and they even have a specific page on their website to just pull up pricing information.

Price drops are common on all lines after final payment, but only Carnival allows you to take advantage of those drops in the form of OBC after final ONLY IF you are booked with their Early Saver fare. That fare comes with change and cancellation penalties, so only those who are sure they are not going to change or cancel the cruise or another sailing passenger, or even want to downgrade, take advantage of that rate.

I have read of others who have asked and been granted some form of OBC when the price dropped dramatically. And then others that have been granted $0. So no one knows the real answer.

Hi,

First I would like to support all those above who added positive comment and support to my original post. I do not have a sense of entitlement, I had read on this forum often that OBC or cabin upgrade was sometimes given when asked and that it could not hurt. I even spoke with NCL before being referred to my t/a and they indicated that something could be done but certainly no price adjustment, i'm fine with that.

Now back to the original topic. I spoke with my t/a and he parroted back to me the same line as the naysayers above and would not even try. I have sailed a dozen times and given him 10's of thousands of dollars of business and i'm a bit disgusted with him. This is also one of the larger online t/a's and i think they could sway a cruise line just by the volume of their business. I will not do repeat business with him again. In the meantime is there something I could do, possibly transferring my reservation?

Thnaks

For now, I'm afraid you're stuck with what you've got, unless you'd like to fight it. I work closely with my absolutely wonderful PCC (we're not allowed to share name here or I'd give it to you in a minute) but I also know that there are some really nice TA out there. I would strongly recommend going to the M&G for your cruise and ask around for someone who might be a better match for you.

Good luck with your cruise.

Hi,

First I would like to support all those above who added positive comment and support to my original post. I do not have a sense of entitlement, I had read on this forum often that OBC or cabin upgrade was sometimes given when asked and that it could not hurt. I even spoke with NCL before being referred to my t/a and they indicated that something could be done but certainly no price adjustment, i'm fine with that.

Now back to the original topic. I spoke with my t/a and he parroted back to me the same line as the naysayers above and would not even try. I have sailed a dozen times and given him 10's of thousands of dollars of business and i'm a bit disgusted with him. This is also one of the larger online t/a's and i think they could sway a cruise line just by the volume of their business. I will not do repeat business with him again. In the meantime is there something I could do, possibly transferring my reservation?

Thnaks

I don't believe you can transfer your booking after final payment.

Hi,

Thnaks

This sounds terrible. I doubt you can switch unless you cancel and don't know how much you would lose. If it's like the ones we have, you'd lose the "agency fee" and I don't know if there's more. I have noticed the service of a certain online agency that we, too, have booked many trips with, last two expensive ones, has really fallen off. I booked our last one with a different agency. We've had two really good agents there over the years who did try and now one who won't try to get the cabin location we wanted when it was entirely her fault we didn't it in the first place. (She didn't call right away and when she did a few hours later, all were gone. Friends got it the next day but she can't be bothered to try.) Right now I'm responsible for bookings totaling 70K for them for our group on two cruises. I've also recommended them to friends due to good trips in the past. I will not get the ball rolling again so to speak if service continues to decline.

Have a good cruise and I'm sorry you got no help on this.

Edited by HokiePoq