Luggage Tags

I'm sure this is a dumb question, but do the luggage tags need to be printed on a color printer or can they be printed in black & white? I do have the luggage tag holders that I purchased, but not sure if RCI needs the paper tags printed in color to make sure they get to the correct place.

I'm sure this is a dumb question, but do the luggage tags need to be printed on a color printer or can they be printed in black & white? I do have the luggage tag holders that I purchased, but not sure if RCI needs the paper tags printed in color to make sure they get to the correct place.

Black and white is fine.

The colors are helpful to the luggage handlers only if there is more then one RCI ship in port.

One of the royal caribbean phone support told me to print in color. I pulled out my crayons and started filling in the lines. Then I asked my TA to print them for us. With all the luggage they must sort on embarkation day, we should make it as easy for them as possible.

Edited by knittinggirl

just another suggestion....Print those out on heaver paper. I did mine on an inkjet printer using paper similar to construction paper. Makes them much sturdier and reduces chance of them getting torn off through the handling and banging around of luggage.:)

just another suggestion....Print those out on heaver paper. I did mine on an inkjet printer using paper similar to construction paper. Makes them much sturdier and reduces chance of them getting torn off through the handling and banging around of luggage.:)

Now I had never thought of that. Thanks for sharing what a wonderful idea!

• 3 weeks later...

When I go to the Cruise Documentation - Guest Vacation Documents it won't let me electronically or choose e-mail or put my e-mail address in so I can print my tags? Am I doing something wrong? On my sea pass it shows a luggage tag but says this is a sample of the tags. Anyone help me on this? We leave on August 1st. :eek:

When I go to the Cruise Documentation - Guest Vacation Documents it won't let me electronically or choose e-mail or put my e-mail address in so I can print my tags? Am I doing something wrong? On my sea pass it shows a luggage tag but says this is a sample of the tags. Anyone help me on this? We leave on August 1st. :eek:

You don't need to put in an e-mail address to print luggage tags.

Look on the page that has the online check-in. There should be a button there to "Print Luggage Tags". If it's not there, call Royal customer service for help.

Is it saying Documents Issued?

If it is you should be able to print your cruise contract with luggage tags on the last page.

If you are not successful do not loose any sleep over it, Just write down your stateroom # and Deck # and hand it to one of the porters together with your luggage. They have luggage tag blanks they can fill out for you. Just stick around to make sure they write the correct information.

Enjoy your cruise.

After you print out the tags, it's also good to cover both sides with clear packing tape before cutting them out. It not only makes them more durable, but water resistant too.

This work great but the CC luggage tag pocket thingys work really great too. We just used ours for the first time in May.

Edited by Chuggiebug

I called once and they told me to print in color as well. So I went and bought a 20$ color cartirdge for my printer. just hoping the color holds out for my next cruise :)

Last cruise I used color paper...(according to deck) with the color ink

also secure with packing tape; use hole puncher then secure with ribbon.

Also I used bright ribbon to secure it too. Also another tip is use bright ribbon on your suitcase handle easier to locate luggage.

Wow, you all put a lot of work into making luggage tags!:D We just get them at the port from one of the porters, they write our cabin number on a tag & attach it to our luggage. Takes about 30 seconds.

Sherri:)

In buying the luggage tag holders, I secure them with zip lock ties vs the plastic ones they give you as I found they loosen up to easily and could come off. With the holders, it saves a lot of work with the tape etc and protects the tags, plus you can reuse them.