Cruising Dates!

lwillett

I will cruise any time . The ships will not go into a hurricane they might alter coarse.

We are set up for this Sept. not worried about the weather. We all know the unexpected can happen but not to worry. We prefer winter months only because our weather in Minnesota dictates that.

I frequently cruise in 'season' and thankfully have never regretted it. Many of my cruises have been effected by weather but I have not been in any storms. When I say effected, I have had ports missed, a cruise that left a day late and one that did a complete 180° turn and took us to the Western Caribbean instead of the Eastern. That seasonal cruise turned out to be the calmest and smoothest I have ever been on. Go figure!:p If you book in season, be ready to be flexible and to go with the flow. It will be season and changes may have to be made. The line does all it can to avoid putting its passengers and ships in harm's way.;) Getting really decent prices is a great incentive to give it a try.:D

We've cruised beginning to mid September and loved it. We booked it at the time due to lower prices. Also we didn't have kids yet and thought less kids sounded appealing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since hurricane season is from June through November....you would be eliminating 6 months out of the year if this is your fear.

September is our FAVORITE month to cruise. Low prices...hardly any children and the water in the Caribbean is beautiful and warm.

Have yet to hit a hurricane...but if we did, the ship will divert in a different direction. NO WORRIES. :):):)

I cruise during hurricane season but take some extra preparations. For example, I take extra supply of prescription meds in case of flight or cruise delays. I also take a little extra cash, again in case of delays. I make sure my home (in Florida) is a little more "buttoned up". Back in 2004 it was a little humorous to watch the cruise ships try to find a Florida port to come back to as the storms moved up the coast, reversed, then reversed. My friends ship had sailed out of Port Canaveral, it tried to come back into Miami, then tried Jacksonville, back to PC, finally ended up in Ft Lauderdale where they bused folks back to PC. Her 7 day cruise became 12 days.

Other than that, you just watch the weather channel.

We don't think twice about cruising during hurricane season. Like others have said, it's a great time to go, in the fall especially. We do not cruise during the summer months (because it is higher and more children) but September/October is perfect!!

From what I remember about weather reports, you would be safer on a cruise ship than in Wilmington!!:eek:

That said, we always try to book in the fall. Never had a problem yet.

Happy sails.

Kathy

We cruised in October and what started out as a Western Caribbean cruise tuned into an Eastern Caribbean cruise.

The captains think first of the safety of their passengers and then the ship.

That has happened to us several times. DH has a Sept. birthday and we like to go then. Have a B2B booked for this year in Sept.

If you said where you are thinking of cruising, I missed it.

If you are speaking of the Caribbean, there is a small risk you could encounter a hurricane. However, DH and I used to sail HAL every summer June/July or August and never once had our cruise interrupted by a Hurricane. HAL moved their ships out of the Caribbean some years ago and we started sailing them Canada/New England. We missed just about the whole second part of a b-to-b, Boston to Montreal to Boston, because of a hurricane that came up the coast. (They moved the ships out of the Caribbean because they can get a much higher per diem for the same cabin on the same ship by sailing Europe, Alaska and Canada/NE than they can the Caribbean. With all cruise ships, all cruise lines, it is always about the $$. :) )

I would absolutely book a Caribbean cruise any of the 12 months a year.

Little in life is totally risk free. ;)

Edited by sail7seas