Caribbean Princess to Arrive at 1AM, 14 June 2014

fathercop

The Captain made an announcement that the Caribbean Princess will be arriving in Fort Lauderdale at 1AM in order to commence some minor repairs. Currently, there have been no other announcements.

I do not know what those repairs are related to, but there have been a couple of elevators out the whole week. I met someone who said that they were on one of the elevators for this week's cruise, I think it was our 1st day on board, and they got stuck for about 10 minutes. That elevator has been out the entire week.

If I get more information, I will post it, since we are on the ship for this upcoming week, too.

Edited by fathercop

The Captain made an announcement that the Caribbean Princess will be arriving in Fort Lauderdale at 1AM in order to commence some minor repairs. Currently, there have been no other announcements.

I do not know what those repairs are related to, but there have been a couple of elevators out the whole week. I met someone who said that they were on one of the elevators for this week's cruise, I think it was our 1st day on board, and they got stuck for about 10 minutes. That elevator has been out the entire week.

If I get more information, I will post it, since we are on the ship for this upcoming week, too.

Geez we are on her in 2015 I sure hope they get her straightened out by then! :rolleyes:

I will be interested in learning what they are doing in the way of repairs yet again. She came into port the other week at 1 am with after engine room/engine issues that had divers in the water working on her.

We board on Aug 2 and would love it if she was ship shape for our 2 weeks on board, not to mention for all those cruising those boarding tomorrow and in the coming weeks!

I will be interested in learning what they are doing in the way of repairs yet again. She came into port the other week at 1 am with after engine room/engine issues that had divers in the water working on her.

We board on Aug 2 and would love it if she was ship shape for our 2 weeks on board, not to mention for all those cruising those boarding tomorrow and in the coming weeks!

Wow you are correct! It was just I believe last week she came into port at 1am after leaving like around midnight to start the cruise.

I am on in a week. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Kind of sad since she just came out of dry dock. Yep I know only certain things were done but still.....:confused:

The issue last time was a bow thruster, not the main engines. Her departure was delayed about 8 hours, but there was no change to the itinerary.

we are sailing out july 5th. pls keep us posted. thanks Loretta

We also just got off the CB and we had issues with our head the entire week. It flushed inconsistently(anywhere from immediately to after a two hour wait).

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Thanks to the OP for this thread, hope they got "whatever" fixed. We won't be on the ship for a couple months , hope everyone onboard now is doing good and having a good cruise.

Cori

We also just got off the CB and we had issues with our head the entire week. It flushed inconsistently(anywhere from immediately to after a two hour wait).
ed this on every Princess ship we have sailed at least once. :eek:

We have experienced this on almost every Princess ship we have sailed. :eek:

Rich and Diana: it was nice to meet you last week on the Caribbean Princess. We landed in Omaha Saturday evening and decided to book a hotel room for the night. Glad we did. We would have driven into a nasty storm with 70 mile an hour winds and 3 inches of rain. :eek:

Enjoy the last week of your cruise!

Jan and Denny