Help with offer of cabin upgrade!!!

Mare10

I hope this is the right place to post this question. I would appreciate advice from any of you experinced cruisers!!!

We are currently booked on the Grand in mini suite E728 for a 15 day cruise to Hawaii. First time in a mini suite and first time on the Grand. I had read that E728 and E729 were very popular cabins. I have also heard the only "downfall" to E728 is some night time noise from the Vista Lounge.

We're being offered E727. Also being offered 2 minis on the Dolphin Deck... 631 and 632.

Sure hope to get some advice ASAP so we can inform the TA.

Thank you!!!!!

I don't understand why they would offer you an "upgrade" from E728 to E727.

Is there some sort of financial incentive ($$$) to you for this?

I would not move to Dolphin deck, unless it a massive financial incentive.

Is there more to this upgrade offer? Are they offering you money to change? If it's a flat swap, say no, quickly!

I hope this is the right place to post this question. I would appreciate advice from any of you experinced cruisers!!!

We are currently booked on the Grand in mini suite E728 for a 15 day cruise to Hawaii. First time in a mini suite and first time on the Grand. I had read that E728 and E729 were very popular cabins. I have also heard the only "downfall" to E728 is some night time noise from the Vista Lounge.

We're being offered E727. Also being offered 2 minis on the Dolphin Deck... 631 and 632.

Thank you!!!!!

We were in E727 on the Emerald and loved it. I would take that one

Thank you!!!!!

We've had E728 and there was a little bit of noise at night from the club below. But it was minor and could not be noticed if the TV was on. On most nights, it was quiet by 11pm. I would take the change to E727, as others have not reported the noise problem on that side of the ship.

I would avoid any Dolphin deck mini's because of the exposed balconies. Sailed them...don't like them. We always mark our Emerald mini's DO NOT UPGRADE, so we don't get "upgraded" to a mid-ship Dolphin mini!

Thanks for all the tips. I was hoping 729 was available but that was booked. 727 wouldn't have the wrap around balcony that people rave about with 728 and 729.

Decisions, decisions!

I have been in both E728 and E729 and you do not get that much noise from the bandstand below in E728..E727 has a dinky balcony compared to E728 and dophin deck balconys although good sized are not wrap around and they do not have overhead, you are completely exposed to Caribe Baja and Aloha deck balconys above you..stay where you are in E728 you will not be disappointed

Edited by Michael Kays

I have been in both E728 and E729 and you do not get that much noise from the bandstand below in E728..E727 has a dinky balcony compared to E728 and dophin deck balconys although good sized are not wrap around and they do not have overhead, you are completely exposed to Caribe Baja and Aloha deck balconys above you..stay where you are in E728 you will not be disappointed

Thank you Michael.... I appreciate hearing from someone who has been in both E728 and E729. Sounds like we will be very happy with our cabin! I got confused when the TA offered us a different cabin but sounds like we should stay put!

Marilyn

Thank you Michael.... I appreciate hearing from someone who has been in both E728 and E729. Sounds like we will be very happy with our cabin! I got confused when the TA offered us a different cabin but sounds like we should stay put!

Marilyn

We've been in both cabins, and in the end cabin twice, once on the Golden -- sister to the Grand. While we got E729, the balcony is the same as in E728 and marked our cabin with NO upgrade. We would not have been very happy to move to E727 without some good financial incentive. While there is some vibration towards the aft of the ship, it was still worth it for the huge end balcony, completely covered to boot. You will be happy to stay put as you said....they just don't get better than that.

We are booked in C752 on the Grand because we like the aft balcony. Are you saying the side cabins (C742 and 743 as well as E 728 and 729) have balconies that run from the side to the aft? It's looks like maybe that is true looking at the diagrams. Thanks

I really appreciate all the input. I'm still wondering why they made the offer. It wouldn't have been a change financially. All I hear is that those 2 aft mini's on the Emerald deck are the best. Maybe there's a waiting list for them and they thought they could get us to move! I'm not moving and we're not a bit worried about a little noise from the Vista Lounge... maybe we'll be at the shows anyway!!!

Marilyn :)

We are booked in C752 on the Grand because we like the aft balcony. Are you saying the side cabins (C742 and 743 as well as E 728 and 729) have balconies that run from the side to the aft? It's looks like maybe that is true looking at the diagrams. Thanks

They don't exactly wrap around. They end on the side of the ship. But you do have an aft view when you're on the back part of the balcony. I hope that makes sense.

While there is some vibration towards the aft of the ship, it was still worth it for the huge end balcony, completely covered to boot. You will be happy to stay put as you said....they just don't get better than that.

I like the aft cabin's vibration. Some people pay extra for vibrators in their chairs and beds. Very calming.:cool:

Thank you!!!!!

We like the Dolphin Deck. The cabins close to mid-ship work best IMO. So if they are upgrading you from front or near aft to midship, IMO better.