Breakaway Butlers - will they unpack/pack?

Because I know if my suitcase has been broken into. It is my hope (just like home security) that if I make it much more difficult then everyone else they will bypass mine. I have read and watched the news where airport handlers in particular just reach into peoples luggage and help themselves to a little something. I made it more difficult for them.

I would think it would just make the guys in security more suspicious, wouldn't it? I mean you see all these fancy little tags and think, "what are they trying to hide... what's so special in their bag they try to lock it up?

" Let's have a little look here."

I mean, I guess if you've done multiple times and nobody has opened your bags then I'd be wrong in thinking that but to draw attention to anything like that just seems a bit over the top. JMO,

Happy cruising.

One could run into problems with the TSA or airline when checking checked baggage - - -

A random question such as did you personally pack you bag and the answer

would of course be YES - well maybe the butler did it ?!?

So now you have opened the question for a more advance scanning and check

of your baggage unknowingly.

Probably nothing to worry or fret about then you were not completely honest

in answering the security question that is posed randomly so what is next -

be prepared to be thoroughly checked when going thru the TSA security point

you have fit the profile of a person somewhat less than completely honest !

Likely scenario - who knows ?

If the butler did the packing just say so and be on the side of honesty where

ever it may take you !

We were leaving Paris several years ago, long before 9/11. When asked if our luggage had been in our possession the whole time we were in their country we answered no, as we had bellmen pick it up from our room for us and got it later at the taxi stand. When it came time to board the plane we were pulled out of the line. My husband and I were brought to different areas and questioned and frisked. The only thing that we can figure triggered it was the way we answered that question. I would still rather answer honestly though than be found with something I shouldn't have.

We were leaving Paris several years ago, long before 9/11. When asked if our luggage had been in our possession the whole time we were in their country we answered no, as we had bellmen pick it up from our room for us and got it later at the taxi stand. When it came time to board the plane we were pulled out of the line. My husband and I were brought to different areas and questioned and frisked. The only thing that we can figure triggered it was the way we answered that question. I would still rather answer honestly though than be found with something I shouldn't have.

Sad, but true.

Does it make you safer. You be the judge.

Agreed but it tells me someone broke into my suitcase and If I'm lucky I can pin the source but maybe not.

Yes, it would be good to know somebody broke in, and was unable to replicate or replace the security items you used.

Can you figure out who? Highly unlikely.

Because I know if my suitcase has been broken into. It is my hope (just like home security) that if I make it much more difficult then everyone else they will bypass mine. I have read and watched the news where airport handlers in particular just reach into peoples luggage and help themselves to a little something. I made it more difficult for them.

I used to work in airport (JFK) as a "ramp bitch" doing anything from marshalling in planes (depends on airlines, most liked to use their own staff), to driving air stair, to baggage unloading. In airport as large as JFK, there were few thefts. But they pay snitches quite handsomely, so everyone is afraid of helping themselves. Port Authority prosecutes every case.

Chances are one in a million someone will raid your suitcase and take that dirty pair of socks that they may find. Is it going to be tossed around like it was in a giant blender? You bet. Cargo crawl space in a 737 is pretty small and VERY uncomfortable.

I got in a habit of having anything expensive in my carry-on.

Edited by Meanee

In my searches on this subject there is a suggestion that Butlers will unpack/pack for you. Most of the threads covering this are quite old however. Is this still the case on the new Ship classes (Epic' date=' BA and GA)? Does anyone make use of this service? I feel bad to ask them to do this if it is not a standard service. Obviously a tip will be provided in exchange.

Sent from my iPad using Forums[/quote']

For those that said they wouldn't ask the butler to unpack because they want to know where everything is ------- cabins are not that large. You will find everything pretty quickly in the limited storage areas that are in those cabins. I'll bet the butlers would appreciate the extra money for providing this service and they know the cabin storage areas better than you. Go ahead and enjoy that perk.

Wendy

I'll bet the butlers would appreciate the extra money for providing this service and they know the cabin storage areas better than you. Go ahead and enjoy that perk.

Wendy

Kind of like gas station attendants, who insist that they wash windows on your just-out-of-carwash cars, with dirty squeegee, just because they want a tip.

Not every service is needed/appreciated. If I don't want someone unpacking my clothes, I won't let them, only because they want to do it for a tip.

For those that said they wouldn't ask the butler to unpack because they want to know where everything is ------- cabins are not that large. You will find everything pretty quickly in the limited storage areas that are in those cabins. I'll bet the butlers would appreciate the extra money for providing this service and they know the cabin storage areas better than you. Go ahead and enjoy that perk.

Wendy

Packing and unpacking is a standard service that is part of being in a suite. Like others we don't use it, but if you chose to, it would be part of the tip that everyone should be leaving for the butler and concierge. It is a standard suite service!