Breakaway Butlers - will they unpack/pack?

In my searches on this subject there is a suggestion that Butlers will unpack/pack for you. Most of the threads covering this are quite old however. Is this still the case on the new Ship classes (Epic, BA and GA)? Does anyone make use of this service? I feel bad to ask them to do this if it is not a standard service. Obviously a tip will be provided in exchange.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I have never used this service. First and last days are hectic and butlers are busy.

However, if I DID have issues where I wanted this service I would express my gratitude.

Because the butlers are so busy it might not get done right away. But the butlers want suite pax happt so they should try their best to meet this request.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In my searches on this subject there is a suggestion that Butlers will unpack/pack for you. Most of the threads covering this are quite old however. Is this still the case on the new Ship classes (Epic' date=' BA and GA)? Does anyone make use of this service? I feel bad to ask them to do this if it is not a standard service. Obviously a tip will be provided in exchange.

Sent from my iPad using Forums[/quote']

Yes, it is still a service that is offered. Do not feel bad using it if you need it!

We dont use the service for the simple reason , I like to know where my clothes are . ;)

My exact response.

My clothes. My electronics. My books. My toiletries. My sunscreen. My munchies. My jammies. My undies. My.....

Let me ask this: How many people would let their Mother-in-law organize your stuff?

Just sayin!

LOL!!!

And, I surely can not figure out where they would find time to do it anyways.

My exact response.

My clothes. My electronics. My books. My toiletries. My sunscreen. My munchies. My jammies. My undies. My.....

Let me ask this: How many people would let their Mother-in-law organize your stuff?

Just sayin!

LOL!!!

Agreed!

Don't want anybody touchin' MY stuff! ;)

Agreed. 100% Even if that's they they're there for, I'd feel so awkward expecting anyone to actually do that for me. I'd be the easiest Haven guest ever.

My exact response.

Just sayin!

LOL!!!

Agreed

I have had suites and just would not want to have anyone touch my stuff.

As with others....I like to know where I have put it.

Have a Haven Penthouse on the Getaway in September....will put my own stuff away.

In my searches on this subject there is a suggestion that Butlers will unpack/pack for you. Most of the threads covering this are quite old however. Is this still the case on the new Ship classes (Epic' date=' BA and GA)? Does anyone make use of this service? I feel bad to ask them to do this if it is not a standard service. Obviously a tip will be provided in exchange.

Sent from my iPad using Forums[/quote']

I came across this yesterday. Look for DebJ14- is the haven worth it? And see the post from Johnny Bananas.

My exact response.

Just sayin!

LOL!!!

Ditto, I don't like the idea of the butler handling my undies and toys.

We can unpack our stuff in our cabin and have it organized the way WE want it in about 20-25 max.

No way is anyone touching our stuff and it has nothing to do trust, it has to do with the way we want it organized.

Take the time to do it yourself so you don't waste your time figuring it out later.

JMHO

Enjoy your cruise

Edited by All-ready2cruise

I think that asking someone to unpack your bags is a little much. How hard is it to unpack, how much do you take for a week. Use the Bulter for other things

I just have no use for a butler. We have a suite on the Star coming up and I can't imagine what I would do with him?her. I don't like snacks brought to me and I don't eat any meals in the cabin. I will have morning coffee in the cabin but that's about it.

I'm a private duty newborn nurse in Las Vegas. It is very common to find butlers in the high end suites of most hotels. I personally appreciate the service of these amazing folks and find that they truly love their jobs of making their guests as happy as possible. I will be in a suite on the Pearl, June 22. I will be using my butler, and will request that he unpack. I live and work in Las Vegas...I tip VERY well. 😊

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

One could run into problems with the TSA or airline when checking checked baggage - - -

A random question such as did you personally pack you bag and the answer

would of course be YES - well maybe the butler did it ?!?

So now you have opened the question for a more advance scanning and check

of your baggage unknowingly.

Probably nothing to worry or fret about then you were not completely honest

in answering the security question that is posed randomly so what is next -

be prepared to be thoroughly checked when going thru the TSA security point

you have fit the profile of a person somewhat less than completely honest !

Likely scenario - who knows ?

If the butler did the packing just say so and be on the side of honesty where

ever it may take you !

One could run into problems with the TSA or airline when checking checked baggage - - -

A random question such as did you personally pack you bag and the answer

would of course be YES - well maybe the butler did it ?!?

So now you have opened the question for a more advance scanning and check

of your baggage unknowingly.

Probably nothing to worry or fret about then you were not completely honest

in answering the security question that is posed randomly so what is next -

be prepared to be thoroughly checked when going thru the TSA security point

you have fit the profile of a person somewhat less than completely honest !

Likely scenario - who knows ?

If the butler did the packing just say so and be on the side of honesty where

ever it may take you !

With all respect, I am laughing out loud. Think though this.

Your bag sits in the hallway overnight - out of your control.

Your bag sits somewhere down below - out of your control.

Your bag sits on the pier - out of your control.

If you use a shuttle bus - you still do not see your bag as it is the bottom of the bus.

If you use the BAGS program, you surely have no control over it.

Back when they asked this question of EVERYONE, people still said they had it in their control. What a joke. Really.

I'm a private duty newborn nurse in Las Vegas. It is very common to find butlers in the high end suites of most hotels. I personally appreciate the service of these amazing folks and find that they truly love their jobs of making their guests as happy as possible. I will be in a suite on the Pearl, June 22. I will be using my butler, and will request that he unpack. I live and work in Las Vegas...I tip VERY well. 😊

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

There is nothing at all wrong with this. I hope you enjoy your cruise!

With all respect, I am laughing out loud. Think though this.

Your bag sits in the hallway overnight - out of your control.

Your bag sits somewhere down below - out of your control.

Your bag sits on the pier - out of your control.

If you use a shuttle bus - you still do not see your bag as it is the bottom of the bus.

If you use the BAGS program, you surely have no control over it.

Back when they asked this question of EVERYONE, people still said they had it in their control. What a joke. Really.

But only I have the combo to unlock it so unless it's been broken into it's secure. I also put a zip tie in a pretty color around the handle and opener so I'd know if it was open because you'd have to cut it off. I alos put a different color zip tie around the loops of the zipper pulls on any outside compartments which also would have to cut off.

Edited by cruzsnooze

But only I have the combo to unlock it so unless it's been broken into it's secure. I also put a zip tie in a pretty color around the handle and opener so I'd know if it was open because you'd have to cut it off. I alos put a different color zip tie around the loops of the zipper pulls on any outside compartments which also would have to cut off.

Why??? :confused:

We dont use the service for the simple reason , I like to know where my clothes are . ;)

I wouldn't either, not because it's not the right thing to do, but I like knowing where my stuff is and don't particularly want anyone looking at my underwear, lol. Besides...DH and I always fight over storage space no matter what category we book....it's a tradition and he always brings way more than I do.

I will agree, it would generally let you know if somebody was snooping around.

It does not solve any real bad guy issues who are just a bit more determined. Nor does it solve the "unattended bag" issue as the vast majority of the others flying on your plane are not paying attention like this.

I will agree, it would generally let you know if somebody was snooping around.

It does not solve any real bad guy issues who are just a bit more determined. Nor does it solve the "unattended bag" issue as the vast majority of the others flying on your plane are not paying attention like this.

Agreed but it tells me someone broke into my suitcase and If I'm lucky I can pin the source but maybe not.

Why??? :confused:
Because I know if my suitcase has been broken into. It is my hope (just like home security) that if I make it much more difficult then everyone else they will bypass mine. I have read and watched the news where airport handlers in particular just reach into peoples luggage and help themselves to a little something. I made it more difficult for them.