Majesty of the Seas or Enchanment of the Seas or NCL Sky

Hi

I'm planning our first trip to Florida next January. We were thinking about taking short cruise (3 or 4 nights) to Bahamas.

I'm considering Majesty of the Seas or Enchanment of the Seas, or eventually NCL Norwegian Sky, however I prefer RCL.

We have sailed only once before on Costa Concordia in Europe

Any suggestions about above ships. I'll be traveling with my DH and 2 DD (8 & 14). Which ship would be better for our family in terms of attractions and entertainment for the whole family. As to ports depending on the ship they all stop at Nassau, private island (CocoCay or Stirrup Cay for NCL) and also NLC at Freeport and one of the RCL ships at Key West. We want to go to Key West by car, so this port it's not our priority.

The truth is that I'd love to cruise with Disneycruise but it's much above our budget (we need to fly from Europe) :-(

I would appreciate some tips and opinions of those who have experience with those ships

Thanks

Marta

Knowing nothing about NCL, our choice would be Enchantment. Larger pool deck than Majesty, balcony staterooms without having to go to a suite, adult solarium, specialty restaurants Chops and Park Cafe. Note that if you want to visit Key West on a 4 day cruise, then Enchantment would not be the way to go.

Edited by clarea

Hi

I'm planning our first trip to Florida next January. We were thinking about taking short cruise (3 or 4 nights) to Bahamas.

I'm considering Majesty of the Seas or Enchanment of the Seas, or eventually NCL Norwegian Sky, however I prefer RCL.

Any suggestions about above ships. I'll be traveling with my DH and 2 DD (8 & 14). Which ship would be better for our family in terms of attractions and entertainment for the whole family. As to ports depending on the ship they all stop at Nassau, private island (CocoCay or Stirrup Cay for NCL) and also NLC at Freeport and one of the RCL ships at Key West. We want to go to Key West by car, so this port it's not our priority.

The truth is that I'd love to cruise with Disneycruise but it's much above our budget (we need to fly from Europe) :-(

I would appreciate some tips and opinions of those who have experience with those ships

Thanks

Marta

I vote for Enchantment of the Seas, If KW is not important. I have never been on the NCL Sky. Edited by FLACRUISER99

And one more question - any experience with kids/ teen clubs on both RCL ships ?

What about evening entertainment ?

Thanks for your help :-)

Evening entertainment is similar on both Royal ships. Standard production shows and headliners, Love & Marriage, Quest.

Hi

Thanks

Marta

The only thing I can say about Norwegian Sky is my daughter had that cruise and enjoyed it. She was snorkeling at their private island and came across two manatees.

As far as Majesty or Enchantment. I've only done Majesty and the 4 day has an extra stop at Keywest. I think the kids might be bored on a Sea Day on Enchantment when compared to another stop in Key West.

We were on Enchantment in Feb my kids sons 17 and 16 and my daughter 12 loved it. There were not many kids since it was Feb but they still met a great group of kids and had a great time. Strangely enough they spent very little time on the rock wall. All 20 kids played ping pong which my kids had never showed interest in before but now all three love. I don't know anything about the other ships.

Been on all three...Enchantment when it was out of Baltimore.

I would not go on Sky. The ship isn't bad, but it just doesn't have the same feel as RCL. Staff don't say hi or smile at you when they're walking by.

And their private island is bigger, but very rocky. I did like their lunch buffet better though.

As far as Majesty vs. Enchantment, I would pick Majesty for the extra stop in Key West. But both ships are great.

Good luck:)

If you have the travel and expense anyway I'd take Majesty.

Why?

1. Miami. Miami is a hot spot and great tourist destination

2. Key West is on the schedule. I like sea days but if I were going all that way for a short cruise I'd want the port stop honestly.

Enchantment may be newer and nicer with more venues; but 4 days on either ship is tough to sample everything anyways. You'll have memories of KW. You won't remember much from a sea day.

Edited by LMaxwell

Why?

2. Key West is on the schedule. I like sea days but if I were going all that way for a short cruise I'd want the port stop honestly.

Enchantment may be newer and nicer with more venues; but 4 days on either ship is tough to sample everything anyways. You'll have memories of KW. You won't remember much from a sea day.

Depends on the person. I'd remember a nice relaxing day in the Solarium, with an occasional trip to Park Cafe.:)

We want to go to Key West by car, so this port it's not our priority.

Why?

But the OP is going to KW by car.

I did a Sovereign class ship (Sovereign Of The Seas) for my first cruise. So now I am trying Enchantment in March for the same cruise as my first. I have not repeated the same class of ship yet and I have enjoyed them all! :cool:

Did anyone mention that the ships sometimes cannot tender in to Coco Cay due to the weather? That may be a consideration.

We were not able to tender in to Coco Cay in March due to high winds- so we just had one port stop- Nassau.

We did enjoy the Enchantment cruise even so.

If you are going in January I would also take a look at the other ships doing shorter 4 and 5 night cruises too. Brilliance out of Tampa or Liberty out of Fort Lauderdale.

Yes, it's good idea. I'll look at those ships. Are they better ?

Speaking about January (second half) - will it be warm enough to swim in the ocean ?

Edited by Makono

Yes, it's good idea. I'll look at those ships. Are they better ?

Speaking about January (second half) - will it be warm enough to swim in the ocean ?

Those ships are newer and larger than Majesty. If you go to the Caribbean, it will be warm enough to swim in the ocean.

Depends on the person. I'd remember a nice relaxing day in the Solarium, with an occasional trip to Park Cafe.:)

Bob and I could hang out anytime. This is exactly what the wife and I do on sea days. Napping, reading, swimming a little, napping, having a snack, having a beverage, napping, did I mention napping?

That's what vacation is all about... decompressing. A solid afternoon in the Solarium works wonders for us.

If you go to Cozumel, yes. If you go to the Bahamas, no. At least not for me but I'm a Florida wimp. :)

Water temp in the Bahamas in January is about 70 degrees. This year it was even colder because of the weird weather.

If you go to Cozumel, yes. If you go to the Bahamas, no. At least not for me but I'm a Florida wimp. :)

Water temp in the Bahamas in January is about 70 degrees. This year it was even colder because of the weird weather.

So Cozumel & Grand Cayman would be better stops than CocoCay & Nassau in terms of weather ?

bob and i could hang out anytime. This is exactly what the wife and i do on sea days. Napping, reading, swimming a little, napping, having a snack, having a beverage, napping, did i mention napping?

That's what vacation is all about... Decompressing. A solid afternoon in the solarium works wonders for us.

Edited by Fla Mike