Carnival Vista to Charleston?

This is probably never going to happen but does anyone know when the Fantasy is retiring. Charleston is so close to home and I hate driving 12 hours to Miami for a nicer ship. They should move one of the Conquest Class to Charleston. Just a thought. 😋

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I agree lol charleston is an 8 hour drive for me. So i consider it my drive to port. Baltimore is closer but the traffic sucks. I have been saying for a long time i believe charleston will get a conquest class ship when fantasy says goodbye. Glory use to do seasonal cruises from charleston so it isnt to far out to think they would do,it again.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been paying for more itineraries from Charleston... I have a hard time driving to Florida when I had a cruise ship in sight! Even if it wasn't a brand new ship I would be happy... I just want more than the Bahamas itinerary please!!:D

Sent from my XT1080 using Forums mobile app

• 3 weeks later...
Ahhhh. Never thought about that.

No worries, hopefully they do before trying to sail her in.:eek: There is a market for ports that have low bridges, but alas a dwindling number of ships to sail out of them. Baltimore is a great home port and the inner harbor area is amazing compared to what it use to be in the old days.

I believe that Carnival should use the Costa Luminosa class prototype for ports such as Baltimore and Tampa. Also I think it would be great to use these ships for the shorter for the shorter cruises.

It makes me wonder though why has Carnival been so hush about the Vista when you see MSC broadcasting to the world about their new ships.

• 2 weeks later...
i like it maybe liberty to charleston instead? lol

John Heald said on his blog today that the beards see meeting next week to finalize the new hope port for the Vista.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app from my iPhone

This is probably never going to happen but does anyone know when the Fantasy is retiring. Charleston is so close to home and I hate driving 12 hours to Miami for a nicer ship. They should move one of the Conquest Class to Charleston. Just a thought.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I agree that Vista will not be based out of Charleston.

John Heald said on his blog today that the beards see meeting next week to finalize the new hope port for the Vista.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app from my iPhone

I hope that the Vista goes somewhere besides Miami/Ft. Lauderdale.

And about Charleston, I'll be very happy when they base something BESIDES a Fantasy class ship there. Charleston is my closest drive to port, but I probably won't cruise from there until the Fantasy is gone. New itineraries will be welcome as well. How about the 7 night itinerary that NCL Majesty used to do from there, Key West, Grad Cayman, Cozumel?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I hope that the Vista goes somewhere besides Miami/Ft. Lauderdale.

And about Charleston, I'll be very happy when they base something BESIDES a Fantasy class ship there. Charleston is my closest drive to port, but I probably won't cruise from there until the Fantasy is gone. New itineraries will be welcome as well. How about the 7 night itinerary that NCL Majesty used to do from there, Key West, Grad Cayman, Cozumel?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I agree about the itineraries. My guess is Vista will go to Miami. That is if things remains relatively the same as today. Seeing more and more that they will reduce the fleet in the Caribbean. That assumes that they will get rid of the some of the fantasy class fleet (but to where). My fear is that they will do what RCI did with the Quantum (although less likely for the Americanization that the Carnival brand has). I also think that is why Princess go the next three builds (but what do I know;)), for the Carnival corp to do further expansion to Australaisa (love that new word I saw written, so I thought I would steal it) market.

You could also make a case for the Vista to go to Galveston. Best market (outside of Florida - and maybe including Florida) and they could redeploy either the Magic (more likely) or the Freedom.

Another words, I have no idea.....:confused:

I agree about the itineraries. My guess is Vista will go to Miami. That is if things remains relatively the same as today. Seeing more and more that they will reduce the fleet in the Caribbean. That assumes that they will get rid of the some of the fantasy class fleet (but to where). My fear is that they will do what RCI did with the Quantum (although less likely for the Americanization that the Carnival brand has). I also think that is why Princess go the next three builds (but what do I know;)), for the Carnival corp to do further expansion to Australaisa (love that new word I saw written, so I thought I would steal it) market.

You could also make a case for the Vista to go to Galveston. Best market (outside of Florida - and maybe including Florida) and they could redeploy either the Magic (more likely) or the Freedom.

Ok here is my latest theory... Lol

Vista to miami

Breeze to Galveston

Magic to Port Canaveral

Liberty or sensation to charleston

You're starting to sound more and more like me. ;)