What I Would Have Done Differently - Breakaway to Bermuda

Looness33

1) packed febreeze - cruise = endless eating = lots of bathroom trips

2) brought a beach chair and umbrella. Lots of beaches in bermuda don't have facilities to rent and if you do rent it's $$$.

3) Brought closed toe shoes for the ice bar

4) Ate breakfast at O'Sheehans - I always forgot it was open for breakfast and we mostly went to Garden Cafe, which was always packed with rude pushy people. We did do Savor for breakfast a few times but the service was a little slow.

5) Do the Cirque show - everyone raved about it. Unfortunately we didn't have time b/c there are so many other things to do onboard and in Bermuda.

Best way to get around Bermuda is by bus and ferry. Very inexpensive and easy. Beaches only few stops and there is "special" bus to horseshoe bay. Best way to go.

Safe sailing

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Forums mobile app

I'll play...

6) Wouldn't have waited to do the ropes course until the last day. It was closed due to high winds and waves on the sea day back to NY.

7) Wouldn't have scheduled a dinner on the island that was a pain in the rear to get to without public transportation. Should have just booked Cagney's or Ocean Blue and been done with it. (and would have saved a bundle!)

Depending which you beach you go, you might need to walk down a hill (and back up) or walk a few blocks. Also, i though i read in the past how certain bus operators don't like you carrying on certain bulky items on the bus.

Just got back (May 25th sailing).

My only wish I had - made sure the sunblock got on evenly! (Had some interesting sunburn stripes where I missed!)

I think I'd have liked to eat dinner in the main dining room at least once, but we loved the specialties!

Missed the Fire & Ice Tina Turner show due to a snafu with a dinner reservation, so next time, I'd be sure to see it. Also missed the pianos, but we loved all the big shows and 2nd City!

Taken an extra suitcase and pack my snorkel & fins!

Next time, I won't wait until the last day to try the ropes & slides - we hit some choppy seas and the upper decks were closed.

Personal budget choices - skip the spa pass (lovely, but never had time) and definitely skip the bingo!

So Glad I Dids: Hired a driver (Colin Jennings) for a personal tour - had a fabulous time!, got to the beach early - scored photos of an empty beach! Listened to all the advice on CC!

Always ;-)

Hunzi

LOL, thanks for sharing.

Are the beaches near the port or do you take an excursion/taxi to get there?

Least expensive/most convenient way to the beaches are to take the bus or ferry.

They frown upon taking large items on the bus, and I can't imagine hauling a chair and umbrella around all day!

I wish I had done the rope course when it was open at night - Thursday I believe. I didn't want to change from my dress and heels.

Also, on the rope course, I did not realize that once you do the zip line, you are finished. I missed walking the plank because I was going to do it AFTER the zipline. (we did it Friday early afternoon - no line at all)

I would skip the art auctions. Interesting but not for me and the little free print was not worth the time spent.

Wished I had found the scale in the fitness center on day one just to see how much I gained!

I wish I would have booked the behind the scenes ship tour as soon as possible after boarding. By the time I thought of doing it, I learned that there was only one tour scheduled during the week and it had already taken place.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We had small foldable chairs that pack in a bag that you carry with a strap over your shoulder. So easy and came in very handy lots of beach stops.w e left it with someone on our last day. Also took a sheet from home and a $5 clip on umbrella which was perfect. Wouldn't have done it any other way!

Wish we would not have taken the 11:30am Ferry the first day to St. Georges- the Ferry holds 400 passeners but only has seating for about 350- we had to stand outside on upper deck- this Ferry goes pretty fast, very very windy, no seat, not much to hang onto. We were in line by 11am and one of the last to board, would recommend getting in line at least 45 minutes before sailing time to try to get a seat.

I bought one of these to take to the beach: http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/271522600870?lpid=82

I hope you didn't pay that price on e-bay. http://sport-brella.com/chairs/sport-brella-recliner-chair

We have sand chairs with canopies that bag up the same but the canopy is surfboard shaped and keeps me covered very nicely. That is what we'll be bringing for Horseshoe. Each time we have been to Horseshoe Bay Beach we have been the only ones with shade because they weren't renting umbrellas because it was too windy. You can pull the canopy down or leave it up like in the photo. http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Kelsyus-Backpack-Outdoor-Chair-With-Canopy-/261505593531?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3ce2f2b0bb

Edited by peg013