Coral princess dock at 12:30am

icesweetea

The Coral arrives in Whittier around 12:30 AM. They will not let you off until the morning. There are some passengers who need to catch an early train to Denali or transportation to Anchorage. You will be given a flier with your disembarkation information a couple of days before the end of the cruise. Enjoy your time on the Coral. I think she is one of the best ships in the fleet.

Even if the ship arrives in port at 1:30am, general disembarkation will start after 7am.

On one cruise that was disembarking in Copenhagen a number of years ago, the ship arrived and docked shortly after midnight. We had booked a 7:30am flight to London so we could catch a 12:30pm flight to LA so we disembarked at 4:30am. We shouldn't have bothered since the airline check-in didn't open until 6am and we were an hour early. Lesson learned.

Hello, my family is going on our first cruise :) We noticed that the ship will be at the end port at 12:30 am. We were wondering if we could sleep a few more hours or if we had to leave the ship right away. Thank you

Of course you wont have to leave the ship :) matter of fact....THEY WONT LET YOU.....I have to say this.......this is the funniest question I ever heard in my 34 past cruises...... HAVE A GREAT CRUISE :)

Edited by blkspy

Of course you wont have to leave the ship :) matter of fact....THEY WONT LET YOU.....I have to say this.......this is the funniest question I ever heard in my 34 past cruises...... HAVE A GREAT CRUISE :)

Haha, glad I made you laugh! I am still learning about cruising and hoping that the cruise we go on is great!

We shouldn't have bothered since the airline check-in didn't open until 6am and we were an hour early. Lesson learned.

We learned the same lesson the hard way at CPH for an Air France flight to Paris' Charles de Gaulle airport departing at 0730 but the ticket counter didn't open until 0600. :eek:

Haha, glad I made you laugh! I am still learning about cruising and hoping that the cruise we go on is great!

Dont worry....you'll have a great time......a piece of advise. .....Don't try to do EVERYTHING together. .....if the Mrs wants to play bingo and the kids want to go swimming and you want to see the movie on deck.......plan a place and time to meet up.......of course do family things. ...but do things you really might want to do......the stories you'll have for each other will make the trip PRICE LESS :) BON VOYAGE.

Edited by blkspy

Dont worry....you'll have a great time......a piece of advise. .....Don't try to do EVERYTHING together. .....if the Mrs wants to play bingo and the kids want to go swimming and you want to see the movie on deck.......plan a place and time to meet up.......of course do family things. ...but do things you really might want to do......the stories you'll have for each other will make the trip PRICE LESS :) BON VOYAGE.

Thanks for the advice, we will definitely do that! Also, do you know if swimming is a sane option in a Alaskan cruise, like on a outdoor pool? (Daughter loves swimming)

Thanks for the advice, we will definitely do that! Also, do you know if swimming is a sane option in a Alaskan cruise, like on a outdoor pool? (Daughter loves swimming)

The Coral also has an indoor pool.

Enjoy!

Norris

On the Coral some ten years ago, people even used the outdoor (heated) pool and hot (never hot enough, IMO) tubs while we were cruising.

Not that you asked, but our entire family did a kayaking excursion through Princess that included time on the ocean in Ketchikan. It was a wonderful excursion. However, I cannot imagine snorkeling in that water without a full wet suit. :eek:

By the way, and maybe because it was our first Princess cruise, still one of our favorites. The Coral and the Island are great ships.

Edited by SingerEsq

On the Coral some ten years ago, people even used the outdoor (heated) pool and hot (never hot enough, IMO) tubs while we were cruising.

Not that you asked, but our entire family did a kayaking excursion through Princess that included time on the ocean in Ketchikan. It was a wonderful excursion. However, I cannot imagine snorkeling in that water without a full wet suit. :eek:

By the way, and maybe because it was our first Princess cruise, still one of our favorites. The Coral and the Island are great ships.

The kayaking sounds wonderful, I just hope the prices aren't too high for our family. Also, I did a little research and people were saying that the lotus pool was adults only but opened for everyone on Alaskan cruises? Is this true?

Ok thanks! She'll be spending lots of her time there

We were on the Coral May 31 - June 7 and used the outdoor pool's hot tubs and a few kids were in that pool and seemed to be having a great time. Otherwise there is an indoor, sort of Tiki themed pool for nastier days.

As others have said, you won't have to or even be able to disembark until the morning. It's a beautiful sail in, so I would recommend you go up on deck to watch. The docking usually happens at about 12:01 AM. The ship is so quiet at that time; it's fun to be up and see the gorgeous scenery.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

As others have said, you won't have to or even be able to disembark until the morning. It's a beautiful sail in, so I would recommend you go up on deck to watch. The docking usually happens at about 12:01 AM. The ship is so quiet at that time; it's fun to be up and see the gorgeous scenery.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Latest Princess shuttle to Anchorage will be about 9:30am. You will need to be out of your cabin by 8:00am but if you have late flights home, you will probably be placed on the last shuttles.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

The kayaking sounds wonderful, I just hope the prices aren't too high for our family. Also, I did a little research and people were saying that the lotus pool was adults only but opened for everyone on Alaskan cruises? Is this true?
It is posted adults only but there were some children in there on our Panama Canal cruise last year. In Alaska in 2010 there was a youth pool party held in the Lotus Pool one night. Can't say what the policy will be.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Your first cruise and you are going to Alaska!!!!! How wonderful! I'm sure you and your family will have a great time. I really liked the Coral. We took her through the canal. I felt they had the best buffet food of all our Princess cruises. And having the buffet at the bow will be wonderful for all the sight seeing you will have.

Enjoy! Post when you get back letting us know what you thought! It will be fun to hear what you have to say.