Can you transfer your booking from a travel agent to the cruiseline

Try to take the matter further up the chain, to express your dissatisfaction -

If the TA belongs to a group, report to head office.

Write to the cruiseline.

This should be a happy time for you, as you plan your cruise!

Try to take the matter further up the chain, to express your dissatisfaction -

If the TA belongs to a group, report to head office.

Write to the cruiseline.

This should be a happy time for you, as you plan your cruise!

Agree, check with the cruise line at least. :D

Just in case anyone is wanting to know ,. what has happened

,The mandatory costs and their fee would take all of the deposit ($1,000 each ). Since it is a package deal.. It appears that the deposit to Carnival is $330,since they have a bulk bookings for the agent. So will just have to stay where it is for the time being.

Lesson learnt ,will be keeping my fingers crossed, and next time I will not go with my first choice again! :(

Cheers Deb

[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

Deb, sorry to hear your having problems with your booking.

Think its time for a coffee and catch up.:p

Chez

xx

Hi Chez ,yes time for coffee! Ring me when you are available::) can't find your number....

Cheers Deb

An interesting point to ponder.

We booked another cruise yesterday direct with Princess (again) as I am over dealing with TA's in Australia. When a TA changes a booking in any way Princess does not charge them to do so. The $100 penalty that some agents charge for doing so is exorbitant IMHO. It takes a few minutes to get onto Princess and change the details. These agents need to stop and think what damage that is doing to their industry.

I would push them to release you without penalty. Afterall, its them who have NOT provided the service. Just keep going up the foodchain.

i think they would have in their t&c any transfer might be classed as a cancellation thats why there's fees involved

i think they would have in their t&c any transfer might be classed as a cancellation thats why there's fees involved

Well they can just swallow that for their very very very downright awful service. Personally, I would be naming and shaming this lot on social media. Pretty, sure someone in management can wave that if they really want too. I guess they don't give a toss!

Edited by icat2000

Just in case anyone is wanting to know ,. what has happened

,The mandatory costs and their fee would take all of the deposit ($1,000 each ). Since it is a package deal.. It appears that the deposit to Carnival is $330,since they have a bulk bookings for the agent. So will just have to stay where it is for the time being.

Lesson learnt ,will be keeping my fingers crossed.

Cheers Deb

I am glad that they finally responded, even if it wasn't good news.

Perhaps, as you say, the lesson is learnt and they will not get your custom again but in the meantime, at least you have found out that you are definitely booked and will go ahead with the trip.:D

Edited by MicCanberra

An interesting point to ponder.

We booked another cruise yesterday direct with Princess (again) as I am over dealing with TA's in Australia. When a TA changes a booking in any way Princess does not charge them to do so. The $100 penalty that some agents charge for doing so is exorbitant IMHO. It takes a few minutes to get onto Princess and change the details. These agents need to stop and think what damage that is doing to their industry.

I too have been booking directly with Princess (after checking prices in the US)

I must say the prices here have been better, but what I am most impressed about is how easy it is to amend your booking for price drops & even cabin changes.

We had 2 drops on our Japan cruise a few months ago & no problems when I called Princess Aust. I keep all my bookings in Saved cruises & check daily to see if there is a drop.

Even today I saw a cheaper price for the 5 day cruise we booked in Dec, & was able to upgrade from Inside to balcony for $129pp more.

Cheers

Tanya

I am glad that they finally responded, even if it wasn't good news.

Perhaps, as you say, the lesson is learnt and they will not get your custom again but in the meantime, at least you have found out that you are definitely booked and will go ahead with the trip.:D

Hi Everyone ,

The moral to this story is don't book thru the 1st cruise agent you come across

I think I have got my message out there now !

Cheers Deb

Hi Everyone ,

Just booked a family cruise with my son,daughter and spouses ,plus my 2 grandsons. 7 people in 3 cabins it's about time they get the chance to enjoy a cruise like I do:D:D.... booked them all thru Celebrity this time ,hopefully less stressful.

Cheers

Deb

Hi Everyone ,

Just booked a family cruise with my son,daughter and spouses ,plus my 2 grandsons. 7 people in 3 cabins it's about time they get the chance to enjoy a cruise like I do:D:D.... booked them all thru Celebrity this time ,hopefully less stressful.

Cheers

Deb

I am glad you have moved on and can have a great family cruise. Enjoy.:D

I too have been booking directly with Princess (after checking prices in the US)

I must say the prices here have been better, but what I am most impressed about is how easy it is to amend your booking for price drops & even cabin changes.

We had 2 drops on our Japan cruise a few months ago & no problems when I called Princess Aust. I keep all my bookings in Saved cruises & check daily to see if there is a drop.

Even today I saw a cheaper price for the 5 day cruise we booked in Dec, & was able to upgrade from Inside to balcony for $129pp more.

Cheers

Tanya

This is why we have been booking with Princess direct. (if it is cheaper than booking with our TA in the US) Price drops - no problem, booking changes - no problem, shareholders OBC - instant .... you get to talk to someone straightaway and it is done.

This is why we have been booking with Princess direct. (if it is cheaper than booking with our TA in the US) Price drops - no problem' date=' booking changes - no problem, shareholders OBC - instant .... you get to talk to someone straightaway and it is done.[/quote']

I tend to mix and match depending on who is offering the best overall package and perks along with service. So some are with an overseas TA, some are with an Aussie TA and others we go direct.:D

I tend to mix and match depending on who is offering the best overall package and perks along with service. So some are with an overseas TA, some are with an Aussie TA and others we go direct.:D

I would book with an Aussie TA but everytime I find one that gives OBC, doesn't charge for Credit card transactions, and price matches with no penalty.... they up and leave. The last two cruises were with a company in Perth but the TA I have been dealing with left and the manager took over the bookings..... talk about a balls up. I am over the TA's until I can find a good one that will stay (hopefully) I will book with Princess.

Same here.

Have been booking direct with Princess for ages ,now have a direct phone number for a cruise holiday planner at Mount st Sydney.

Gave up on our local TA's long time ago.

Cheers

Johhno.