Cagneys - Favorite Dish

rhinomike

We ate about 3 pounds of au gratin potatoes. We also loved the Oreo cheesecake. I think that was the only dessert we tried the entire week though, so I really have nothing for comparison.

The Cagney's fries were fries. Big whoop. I think I liked the ones in the buffet a little better, but they are fries. Whatever.

The "gorgonzola crusted" filet was not crusted in anything, but came with some kind of a tiny cup of gorgonzola sauce or dressing for dipping. The filets were divine and cooked perfectly. Yum!

I always go for the rib eye. My wife looks so forward to the potatoe soup, go figure. The sliders are pretty good too, I like mine nice and pink inside. Every now and again they are slightly over done to my favorite liking, but still decent.

We are on the Spirit and eating at Cagneys tonight. First time. Any suggestions? Anything we can't miss? Favorite deserts?

It's to die for

Grilled Bison Strip* – 10oz Caramelized Red Onions | Gratin Potatoes | Port Wine Jus

Double Cut Lamb Chops* Eggplant & Zucchini Layers | Baked Garlic | Lamb Jus

Decadent Chocolate Fudge Brownie , Raspberry Crème Brulée

need to say more

DH is an ex butcher and declared the ribeye as one of the best slabs of beef he has ever had. BOTH times we went to Cagney's on our 21 day January 2014 cruise on the Jade. I enjoyed the lamb chops one night and that ribeye the other. The truffle fries were good.

Frankly, NCL does many things well, but food is not one of them (except in speciality extra cost dining rooms).

Edited by jkgourmet

The Cagney's fries were fries. Big whoop. I think I liked the ones in the buffet a little better, but they are fries. Whatever.

I agree. They use fairly low quality truffles for their fries, but I can't really fault them over it considering a decent amount of the "good stuff" would exceed the $30 cover.

During my March sailing on the Breakaway, I ate at Cagney's no less than three times... and I had the exactly same thing, I believe, every night! The shrimp cocktail (I can't go to a steakhouse and not order it), the rib eye (incredibly well prepared), the baked potato soup (wonderful) and the truffle fries. That said, I wish I had tried some other sides, because the fries were, as others have said, nothing special. I wanted to try the oreo cheesecake, because so many had raved about it, but every night, I was just too full! On the final night of the cruise, my waiter - who knew I'd been twice already -- said, "Just get it and take a bite" but I just couldn't see wasting it. He also suggested getting it to go, but I knew, this being the last night, I'd wind up tossing it.

I've got plans to hit cagney's at LEAST twice on my Gem sailing in September, and glamdangit, I will wind up eating oreo cheesecake! LOL

Richard/Tralfie

The Sliders are great.

Oh, so VERY VERY true!!

The first time I saw them newly listed on the menu I foolishly discounted the quality . . . and then after I tried them, I've ordered each and every time. :)

During my March sailing on the Breakaway, I ate at Cagney's no less than three times... and I had the exactly same thing, I believe, every night! The shrimp cocktail (I can't go to a steakhouse and not order it), the rib eye (incredibly well prepared), the baked potato soup (wonderful) and the truffle fries. That said, I wish I had tried some other sides, because the fries were, as others have said, nothing special. I wanted to try the oreo cheesecake, because so many had raved about it, but every night, I was just too full! On the final night of the cruise, my waiter - who knew I'd been twice already -- said, "Just get it and take a bite" but I just couldn't see wasting it. He also suggested getting it to go, but I knew, this being the last night, I'd wind up tossing it.

I've got plans to hit cagney's at LEAST twice on my Gem sailing in September, and glamdangit, I will wind up eating oreo cheesecake! LOL

Richard/Tralfie

We had an early dinner at Cagney's on one of our cruises last year and like you were to full for dessert. They suggested to go to the show and come back afterwards for dessert which we did.