Flowers for Concierge Class

Blue Lagoon

Just got back from a Concierge Class cabin on Eclipse. No rose in the bathroom ( missed that the last few cruises on other ships as well, this nice idea seems to be gone forever), no flowers in the cabin. We only had the usual red rose from the Captain's Club host on the first formal evening.

I think it is one of the small cutbacks we are experiencing in all parts of the ship. I don't really miss the flowers, but it was a nice touch.

On the plus side: instead of the three green apples in the fruit bowl that were never changed during our last 14-nights cruise on "Infinity" and when I lifted one of them one day only to discover lots of grey dust beneath , we got three fresh pieces of fruit every day - and my husband claimed the new type of canapés were really eatable now!

I appreciate the small flowers as well as the roses and ask for them to be refreshed on longer cruises...they brighten the stateroom which on S class is fairly antiseptic..

I also bring flowers on from ports where flowers are available in the terminal...especially Hawaii and Barbados

We used to order an arrangement from the pre cruise menu, but have not done so recently..

would hate to see the flowers phased out!

Just to be safe, I'd bring my own toilet paper....one never knows what they will cut next.....

BTW...a review of the celebrity web site shows that only sky suites get fresh flowers...not all suites.

Just got back from a Concierge Class cabin on Eclipse. No rose in the bathroom ( missed that the last few cruises on other ships as well, this nice idea seems to be gone forever), no flowers in the cabin. We only had the usual red rose from the Captain's Club host on the first formal evening.

I think it is one of the small cutbacks we are experiencing in all parts of the ship. I don't really miss the flowers, but it was a nice touch.

On the plus side: instead of the three green apples in the fruit bowl that were never changed during our last 14-nights cruise on "Infinity" and when I lifted one of them one day only to discover lots of grey dust beneath , we got three fresh pieces of fruit every day - and my husband claimed the new type of canapés were really eatable now!

Frankly this is the first "plus" I have read of after the recent changes i.e. cutbacks.

It seems the list of recent cuts including lobster on shorter cruises, sacking of much of the

entertainment staff,elimination of the grand buffet ,reduction of public space for the benefit of

suite guests, and several other cuts now has another addition .:mad:

I wonder what other non-essential is about to be eliminated, reduced or cheapened.

Thanks everyone for the info.

I will have to purchase flowers and bring them on. Have done this before in other ports. I love flowers in a room and as I don't travel with cats who always seem to destroy any bouquets of mine, this makes the vacation even more special. Will come onboard, eat and then scurry out to find a vendor in Vancouver. There are kiosks downtown near the financial section (less than 10 minute walk), so this should work.

Mmm... should bring my own vase as well as with my luck, they will be in short supply on board. I have my own doily for the coffee table so that is already taken care of. :p

I bought somthing called a wondervase or something like that...it is flat but after it is soaked it turns into a reg vase....unfortunately the beautiful bouquet of sunflowers I brought in Provence were way too big and the vase kept flopping over..stateroom attendant came to the rescue with a full size sturdy vase....

They have incredible arrangements in Hawaii don't they:D And at a very reasonable price as well!

Unbelievable...It's been awhile but I think they had humongous tropical arrangements and

bouquets right in the port bldg in Hilo for ridiculously low prices..under $20 ( hope someone will correct the port if I am wrong) Truly amazing!

I just checked the Celeb gift section...a bit hard to find..but right now you can order a small seasonal bouquet for $34.99 described as 10 stems plus fillers in a glass vase..since space is tight in reg staterooms small is probably a good size...we have only been disappointed once w a flower order on bd and bu it was rectified quickly with a much nicer arrangement,

Edited by hcat

We stayed in a concierge class cabin on the Solstice in May. There were no flowers in the room upon arrival and when I asked the steward about them he totally avoided the question. Later I noticed on the amenities list in the blue folder found in the cabin that flowers were no longer listed. Disappointing...

Wow! Not only did we have the flowers I mentioned earlier in Concierge on the Constellation, but we also had towel animals for at least 5 nights and we haven't had those in years! Maybe our cabin steward was trying to make points or are they doing something different on the Constellation?

From the Celebrity.co.uk website today ... " and lots of extra touches that make them a little bit special, like welcome sparkling wine, fresh fruit and flowers, " so according to the web there are still flowers in concierge - at least for the folks from the UK! :p

I'll bet I knocked over that little plastic thingy that held three stems at least 4 times in two weeks lol It was always in the way. We seem to have too much electronics, cords, ice buckets, water jug, glasses etc on the desk area:) I managed much better with my CC rose in the bathroom though:D

We had a single stem on eclipse in May, I have never had a rose :rolleyes:

This was the small vase with 10 stems, we brought this with 8 chocolates and it was approx £25, $43

The vase was glass, and the flowers lasted for at least 2 weeks :D

URL=http://s76.photobucket.com/user/Janangtal/media/158517bd-2ffe-4d0c-8c9d-a46403393133.jpg.html]158517bd-2ffe-4d0c-8c9d-a46403393133.jpg[/url]

We were in CC on the 5/16 Solstice sailing. No flowers in the room, and they were also taken off the list of amenities we found in the room (though it was listed when we booked). If you would like them, I'd pick some up in port.

Will order them thru the website closer to our cruise ...it is our anniv so flowers, wine and chocolate may be nice. ?. Hint hint to dh...

the picture of the arrangement posted by ruby looked fresh..

will also see if there' s a port where they may have flowers near the pier,

I know they no longer have the botanical/conservatory area on S class ships with the nice gift and flower shop,,, but wonder if they have a flower cart on board at all?????.....

Will order them thru the website closer to our cruise ...it is our anniv so flowers, wine and chocolate may be nice. ?. Hint hint to dh...

the picture of the arrangement posted by ruby looked fresh..

will also see if there' s a port where they may have flowers near the pier,

I know they no longer have the botanical/conservatory area on S class ships with the nice gift and flower shop,,, but wonder if they have a flower cart on board at all?????.....

Nope, never seen one at all. I think you could contact a concierge on board and they would determine how to get you something for a fee, but best to order via "gifts by celebrity" on website in advance. From what I understand on M class it used to be up on deck where Qsine or Tuscan is now?

I love fresh flowers on the ship, gives a sense of nature or something to me, but I'm a horticulturist at heart so that explains a lot! I always keep a vase of fresh something or other i my kitchen at home too, usually the same Alstromeria X often uses since they do last 2-3 weeks.

• 2 weeks later...

Celebrity cruises guide 2014/15.....concierge class staterooms.....

Amenities....

.... sparkling wine and fresh fruit

.... flowers

.... daily delivery of afternoon savories

.... pillow menu, bathrobes

.... hair dryer

.... shower gel

.... use of golf umbrella and binoculars

.... Celebrity tote bag

We booked the concierge class specifically for all the extra's as I'm celebrating a milestone birthday and wanted this to be a special occasion. I will take the guide with me on the cruise and will expect all on offer....including the flowers...all two of them ! :(

Another small touch of Modern Luxury bites the dust, apparently.

My thoughts exactly! I really appreciated the flowers. I wonder what they did with all the attached bud vases? I'd like to have one one or two. They fit perfectly in a small place.

Cynthia

My thoughts exactly! I really appreciated the flowers. I wonder what they did with all the attached bud vases? I'd like to have one one or two. They fit perfectly in a small place.

Cynthia

What attached bud vases...were there some in cabin?

My first sailing on Connie in 2013 I loved how they were on the cabin door number signs on all the suites. Then I sailed Eclipse a few months later, no vases there, but I figured, oh it's a new ship. Then I was on Connie in January (10 months after I was first on Connie) and the door signs had been changed to ones with no bud vase attachment... :-(

What attached bud vases...were there some in cabin?

My first sailing on Connie in 2013 I loved how they were on the cabin door number signs on all the suites. Then I sailed Eclipse a few months later, no vases there, but I figured, oh it's a new ship. Then I was on Connie in January (10 months after I was first on Connie) and the door signs had been changed to ones with no bud vase attachment... :-(

They were sorta like three plastic? test tubes attached together. They were not very stable, at least when around a klutz like me! lol

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

They were sorta like three plastic? test tubes attached together. They were not very stable, at least when around a klutz like me! lol

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

That's them. I thought they were glass. I didn't knock mine over though, so I'm not sure.:D

Looks like yet another cutback. On the Equinox in June, we didn't even receive a rose on formal night - definitely a first! On every other Celebrity cruise I've been on, no matter what room class, I've received a rose on formal night.

On another note, we didn't really miss the reduced activities staff on the Equinox in June. Every day was a port day, there were NO sea days, and most people were off the ship from pretty early until pretty late. There were still plenty of things listed in the daily, but most were in the few hours after they expected people to be back on board. About the only things I really saw during the day were in the spa and had a fee, but again, we were off the ship all day. It will be interesting to see how things are handled on Caribbean cruises with more sea days.

Looks like yet another cutback. On the Equinox in June, we didn't even receive a rose on formal night - definitely a first! On every other Celebrity cruise I've been on, no matter what room class, I've received a rose on formal night.

How long has it been since a Celebrity cruise? I just started in early 2013, and never got a rose on a formal night, even in suites (6 of my 7 cruises to date) nor Aqua (last month in Aqua on Summit).

How long have you been Elite? The rose on formal night was only sent to Elite CC members, not everyone. We received a rose on our April Equinox cruise and were in a regular balcony. They may have stopped giving them since April but always before for many years.

I recall when CC class was new they placed fresh flowers on your balcony table after they had set it with a nice white linen tablecloth. This of course was in addition to the cabin and bathroom flowers which were replaced if they got tired.

Cruising AIN'T what it used to be.