sideways cabin on Grandeur

I'm currently booked in a cat L on the grandeur on the fourth floor but there are some Cat L cabins available on the 7th floor. These cabins appear to laid out "sideways" . Are the cabins any larger and does this layout mean there is a chair instead of a couch? I've tried searching but cannot find this information or any pictures. Any help is appreciated.

I'm currently booked in a cat L on the grandeur on the fourth floor but there are some Cat L cabins available on the 7th floor. These cabins appear to laid out "sideways" . Are the cabins any larger and does this layout mean there is a chair instead of a couch? I've tried searching but cannot find this information or any pictures. Any help is appreciated.

The staterooms are all basically the same in layout and configuration. Those are just turned in a different direction perpendicular to the rest.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

I've been in one of those cabins on a cabin crawl and I didn't like the layout. I always try to avoid them. Some might like it. Hard to explain the layout of the cabin. Maybe someone could post a picture.

Gwen :)

I was in what you would call a sideways inside cabin on Enchantment. I like that type of cabin.

When I walk in the door to the left was the sleeping area. The chair I placed to the left of the door. Straight ahead was the vanity/desk area that also had the TV. To the right was the closet area with the closet to the left and the bathroom to the right. I thought that there was plenty of space in the stateroom. I had no problems at all and would book this type of stateroom again.

I have also been in the 'sideways' cabin on the Grandeur. We have had this type cabin twice. We really like it if we have an inside - it seems to have more room in the center of the cabin. Yes, there is a chair instead of the little sofa. We also always split the beds which also makes more room in most cabins.

We had a sideways interior on deck 8 of Grandeur. Upon entering the cabin the desk was pretty much straight ahead, the bed to the right and the bathroom and closet to the left. We put the small chair against the wall between the bathroom and closet for more floor space. Sorry, no pictures.

My sister & I had sideways cabin 7107 on Grandeur in 2011. It was our first cruise & our 2nd cruise is booked for this November so I don't have anything to compare it to. I had the bed against the corridor wall but never experienced people knocking into the wall or other noise issues.

Photos:

P1040225.jpg

P1040226.jpg

P1040227.jpg

Never again.

Noisy as the bed is against the outside wall. Sometimes people banged on the wall or knocked into the wall.

The only place for the chair is between the closet and the bathroom

Felt crowded..

We also had a cabin that was on an outside wall, and it was very noisy. That was the worst cruise for trying to get a good night's sleep.

First ever cruise on Carnival Pride had a side way inside. Loved it. Didn't feel like a deep tunnel. No extra noise. We have had only 2 other insides and they were the normal, long straight cabins. Too dark.

We enjoy just relaxing in the cabin so for us, it is important to have a room we feel comfortable and not squeezed in. IF we had to to an inside again, we would do the sideways.

We love sidewards. Scored them on Century and NCL.

Didn't know they had them on the Grandeur.

Have any list of cabin #'s?

Don't have a list, but if you look at the deck plans, you can tell very easily which ones they are.

I am one that favors them also!

It is more than a chair vs. a love seat...... The room is different because you enter it in the middle, by the bed rather than the traditional entrance in between a closet and bathroom. Indeed much of the furniture placement may be the same as other interiors but, because the room is horizontal it is very different from the traditional cabin. The entire feel of the cabin is different. Your "open space" is right as you walk in, rather than walking a bit into the cabin. Because the chair is often tucked in the space between the closet and bathroom, the cabin seems to have extra space. Naturally one could not use this chair placement in a standard cabin as that would completely block the entrance.

We took the "horizontal interior" a few cruises ago and found the cabin to be fine. We did not notice any noise from the hall. We normally don't sail in interior cabins, but jumped on the enchantment last minute and had no problems with these accommodations. It had been at least 30 years since we sailed in an interior so I don't have a good comparison, but if the situation came up, and we needed an interior on this class, I would not hesitate to get this type of cabin.

Enjoy

M

Edited by cruisegirl1