Can you order a pizza to go from La Cucina?

Kenlorz

La Cucina is definitely better than the pizza delivery. Even the buffet pizza which is not good is better than the deliver pizza. La Cucina pizza is ok but it was better years ago before the menu revamp recently. IMHO the quality went down and the price went up $5.

But of course you can get it to go with paying the cover charge. But make it worthwhile. Get dessert and an appetizer too :)

I would assume you could pay the regular cover charge for a meal, then have them box up the pizza to take with you. I found their pizza disgusting though.

Have you had the delivery pizza? That stuff is vile. Worst pizza I've ever had.

Ohhh thats a great idea! So, I have the UDP and at night if we wanted a pie at end of night before they closed we can go in and order and bring back to Haven or ask butler.

Just told me dd-20 who will have her friend with her.

What a wonderful idea!

Thanks.

Have you had the delivery pizza? That stuff is vile. Worst pizza I've ever had.

Oh, I absolutely agree! I think delivery is terrible. I just also thought La Cucina was terrible, too. We did like the buffet pizza though, as crazy as that might sound to some.

Oh, I absolutely agree! I think delivery is terrible. I just also thought La Cucina was terrible, too. We did like the buffet pizza though, as crazy as that might sound to some.

I am with you. I have found the buffet to be the best place for pizza for a few years now (and I like my pizza)! Not saying that it will match what you can get at home, but it's the best on the ship.

I thought the buffet pizza was okay.

I would say La Cucina was like say Papa John's. We did special order ours though- I'm a picky eater- and only ordered it in case I didn't like my main entree (vegetarian lasagna). It wasn't great Italian but not inedible. I've had much, much worse unfortunately.

The buffet pizza I'd say was more like Little Caesar's.

The delivery more like freezer burned, off brand discount store, undercooked well past its expiration date.

Our family has enjoyed both the $5 delivery pizza and a pizza from La Cucina (delivered by our butler for the cover charge). As others have said, if you're ordering La Cucina, you may as well get an app and dessert - cost is the same. But either way, we've found both options to be better than the buffet. To each their own.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Thanks everyone for the responses! We plan to get the UDP, so I didn't even think about the fact that it would be covered under that :cool:. It seems a pizza to go, plus some fried calamari and a desert will cost less than the stale cardboard-esque delivery in case! Great option for a late lunch on a day when we have a late night dinner planned, or a late night option on a day where eat extra early. My preference, though, would be if La Cucina were open for lunch and we could take the food up to our balcony and enjoy the sea go by. I really wish at least one out two specialty restaurants were open during lunch.

Thanks everyone for the responses! We plan to get the UDP, so I didn't even think about the fact that it would be covered under that :cool:. It seems a pizza to go, plus some fried calamari and a desert will cost less than the stale cardboard-esque delivery in case! Great option for a late lunch on a day when we have a late night dinner planned, or a late night option on a day where eat extra early. My preference, though, would be if La Cucina were open for lunch and we could take the food up to our balcony and enjoy the sea go by. I really wish at least one out two specialty restaurants were open during lunch.

On sea days, Ocean Blue Waterfront, Wasabi Sushi, and Shanghai Noodles are all open for lunch. You get 20% off those with UDP.

On sea days, Ocean Blue Waterfront, Wasabi Sushi, and Shanghai Noodles are all open for lunch. You get 20% off those with UDP.

You have to mention it though because they weren't doing it automatically. And some even told us that we were mistaken.

You have to mention it though because they weren't doing it automatically. And some even told us that we were mistaken.

Typical SNAFU on NCL. The crew is often in a state of confusion and mis-information. The number of people who have been ripped off just because they believed what they were told must be staggering.

Typical SNAFU on NCL. The crew is often in a state of confusion and mis-information. The number of people who have been ripped off just because they believed what they were told must be staggering.

Or you have to spend an hour of your time with 3 different people to get it fixed.