GS Navigator question

Leaving on our first GS on the Navigator in August. I'm a bit puzzled after reading several threads regarding the table having been removed from the stateroom. One of the perks of the GS is having the regular MDR menu and being able to dine in the cabin. Anyone having sailed in a GS on NOS since the refurb have any info for me? Trying to figure out how it would be set up to enjoy a meal if there is no table.....

Any help would be much appreciated!

Marilyn

Edited by grammaof8

Leaving on our first GS on the Navigator in August. I'm a bit puzzled after reading several threads regarding the table having been removed from the stateroom. One of the perks of the GS is having the regular MDR menu and being able to dine in the cabin. Anyone having sailed in a GS on NOS since the refurb have any info for me? Trying to figure out how it would be set up to enjoy a meal if there is no table.....

Marilyn

Marilyn, my recollection of those mentions is that the COFFEE table is missing from the Junior Suites, NOT the dining table from the Grand Suites.

Someone will correct me if my memory is faulty on this. ;)

We've been in many GS including Navigator and there has never been a dining table. That is in OS not GS. There is a small table on the balcony but it is smaller than the OS dining table. They did, however, remove the two chaise lounger from the balcony. Our cabin steward brought us two from the pool.

We've been in many GS including Navigator and there has never been a dining table. That is in OS not GS. There is a small table on the balcony but it is smaller than the OS dining table. They did, however, remove the two chaise lounger from the balcony. Our cabin steward brought us two from the pool.

I agree...the only time we've had a dining table was when we were in an OS. The GS has a fairly large coffee table and a balcony table that is dining height, but it would probably only be suitable for two people for dining en-suite.

You are right. That's an OS. Thanks for the memory jog. :)

We have sailed in a GS about 5 or 6 times in the last few years on several ships and have never had a dining table. There is a coffee table and a "stand up" bar as you enter the suite but we have never had a dining table. I have however, seen pictures of a dining table in the -Owners Suite.

I hope this helps.

The posts about the removal of tables were about the removal of the small oval glass coffee tables from inside, oceanview, and balcony staterooms. While that little table was kind of in the way at times, it sure was handy for room service delivery trays! We always put our ice bucket or wine bucket on it too since the moisture generated by those things was easier to control and clean up on the glass table than on the wooden vanity.

The GS does not have a dining height table in the suite. There's a large coffee table in front of the sofa. There is a 'bar' of sorts, really more like a counter with cupboards, but no stools. There is a dining height table and 2 chairs on the balcony, though. (You can bring these in from the balcony and ask for a tablecloth to be delivered with your room service order, if you like.)

The OS has a smallish round dining table with 4 chairs in the suite.

Judy

Edited by foxgoodrich

Here is a picture of JS with no table on Navigator, promise I did not hide it:D

Just need someone to now post a picture of GS

I wasn't sure if coffee tables had been taken out of JS as well as the other cabins, but now we know! I thought I had read here somewhere that 'true' suites still have coffee tables, but maybe not.:confused:

The only thing I can say from experience, as we cruised Nav in May, is that balcony cabins don't have them now. It made our morning room service coffee delivery a little challenging! (We ended up bringing in the little table from the balcony so we'd have a place to put the tray each morning.)

Judy

If I can remember where my file space is I've got good Voyager-class GS pics, will try to put them up later.

There was generally a lot of room on the bar for whatever was brought, if we didn't end up using the table on the balcony. Only 2 of us and a full breakfast pretty much filled that table.

Marilyn

Hi Marilyn :)

Cindy's pictures are terrific and do an excellent job of showing the room arrangement... There has never been a "dining" table in the GS. You do have the menu available for ordering. However, we've always found the menus more useful for deciding when to eat in the MDR or a specialty restaurant. Also, ordering for the full breakfast can take a long time so plan accordingly ;)

Thanks all for your responses!

Cindy, the pictures are great! Thanks so much!

Deedee, Just thought we would order full breakfast one morning and see how it goes. Already have reservations at 3 specialty restaurants for dinner after reading your review:)

did you get your CC prize as yet?

Well, off to work! My countdown continues!

Marilyn

Thanks all for your responses!

Cindy, the pictures are great! Thanks so much!

Deedee, Just thought we would order full breakfast one morning and see how it goes. Already have reservations at 3 specialty restaurants for dinner after reading your review:)

did you get your CC prize as yet?

Well, off to work! My countdown continues!

Marilyn

Yes, I did get the CC prize - 2 luggage handle wraps. They're nice but I'd rather some koozies or CC Mardi Gras beads!