Booking entertainment on line

Can you book entertainment on line for all RC ships and if so how far in advance?

I booked my cruises through a TA in the UK. I am on the Anthem 13th June 15 and the Allure 6th Sept 15.

I can see my booking on the RC website but at the moment it is not giving me the option to book any entertainment. It is telling me to book on the ship? Is it just too early to book on line or is the option just not available? :confused:

It is annoying that they take the bother to send me an email telling me that it is now time to book all the onboard entertainment and restaurants, and then when I try I get the message that it is too early or too late. So now I probably will forget until it really is too late..... or I have to be hypervigilent and go back to the website every day and check in. UGH! :confused:

Were on IOS In August and still can't book shows. It opens up at random, there are no set rules.

Independence of the Seas doesn't have reservable entertainment.

Generally speaking, that's only for Oasis, Allure, Quantum, and Anthem. Freedom of the Seas has reservations for the ice show only.

Independence of the Seas doesn't have reservable entertainment.

Generally speaking, that's only for Oasis, Allure, Quantum, and Anthem. Freedom of the Seas has reservations for the ice show only.

I haven't kept track of Quantum and Anthem entertainment reservations, thanks for that info.

In addition to Freedom, Liberty also has ice show reservations.

I haven't kept track of Quantum and Anthem entertainment reservations, thanks for that info.

Actually, I'm not sure about those two, so don't take what I said as official. I thought I had seen or heard it somewhere, but I can't recall where at this point. :(

In addition to Freedom, Liberty also has ice show reservations.

I wasn't sure about Liberty of the Seas. I know Independence doesn't, but I couldn't complete the trio in my mind. :D

• 3 weeks later...

Can someone tell me if Jewel of the Seas has bookable entertainment? I don't see an option at all for it in my RCI planner online. We are sailing Nov 8th and a friend that cruises a lot told me to check a few months before depature to book the nightly online entertainment. I saw a few comments here that some ships don't have this option. Is Jewel of the Seas one of the ships that doesn't have the ability to book nightly entertainment? Is it just not a part of the cruise?

Can someone tell me if Jewel of the Seas has bookable entertainment? I don't see an option at all for it in my RCI planner online. We are sailing Nov 8th and a friend that cruises a lot told me to check a few months before departure to book the nightly online entertainment. I saw a few comments here that some ships don't have this option. Is Jewel of the Seas one of the ships that doesn't have the ability to book nightly entertainment? Is it just not a part of the cruise?

Booking entertainment on any Radiance class ship (Jewel) is not necessary or available.

Can someone tell me if Jewel of the Seas has bookable entertainment? I don't see an option at all for it in my RCI planner online. We are sailing Nov 8th and a friend that cruises a lot told me to check a few months before depature to book the nightly online entertainment. I saw a few comments here that some ships don't have this option. Is Jewel of the Seas one of the ships that doesn't have the ability to book nightly entertainment? Is it just not a part of the cruise?

No advance reservations for Jewel entertainment.

Thanks!!! Does this mean that we don't have to worry about long lines and not being able to see the nightly entertainment because the ship is a smaller ship and is this why they do have advance booking available?

My friend had mentioned to me how important it was to book in advance for the nightly shows because otherwise you would spend a very very long time waiting in line to get into the theater and also take a chance on not being able to see a particular show one night because they were full and didn't have room for anyone else that did not pre-book their show reservations? Of course these were on huge ships where they were over 5,000 + passengers. I noticed the Jewel of the Seas is a much smaller ship with just over 2,000 people.

Thanks!!! Does this mean that we don't have to worry about long lines and not being able to see the nightly entertainment because the ship is a smaller ship and is this why they do have advance booking available?

My friend had mentioned to me how important it was to book in advance for the nightly shows because otherwise you would spend a very very long time waiting in line to get into the theater and also take a chance on not being able to see a particular show one night because they were full and didn't have room for anyone else that did not pre-book their show reservations? Of course these were on huge ships where they were over 5,000 + passengers. I noticed the Jewel of the Seas is a much smaller ship with just over 2,000 people.

The reason Jewel (and other ships besides Oasis and Allure) do not need advance entertainment reservations is because of the theater size in relation to the number of guests on board. All ships other than Oasis and Allure can schedule the traditional two performances per evening in the main theater, and satisfy the demand for that show. The theater on Oasis and Allure holds proportionately less guests, so they must schedule 3 or 4 performances per show in the main theater.

That's correct, on the largest ships the venues are not large enough to accommodate the entire ship for a single seating. On Voyager class only Studio B for ice skating is too small. There are people with more experience than me that can tell you if the theaters are large enough on all ships, but I suspect they do not hold the entire ship. RCI guesses not everyone will show up?

The lines are for the no reservations passengers on the largest ships.