Mongolian BBQ on themed night in Horizon Court?

tjcletsgo

We were on the Golden for the month of March & they had the Mongolian BBQ in the evening about once a week & we enjoyed it several times. :)

At lunch on the Royal they sometimes had a station to create your own miso or wonton soup.

Edited by Astro Flyer

Here are a few photos I took of the Mongolian Grill on the Coral Princess. It wasn't every night. But it was excellent when they offered it:

7441506710_f428eab950_z.jpgCoral Princess by Jasperdo, on Flickr

7441476824_abb548d06e_z.jpgCoral Princess by Jasperdo, on Flickr

7441471690_5ea1163a9a_z.jpgCoral Princess by Jasperdo, on Flickr

8649513970_0e9808cd2a_z.jpgCoral Princess by Jasperdo, on Flickr

8649521140_f5b6ab0370_z.jpgCoral Princess by Jasperdo, on Flickr

7441474660_39f7358ee1_z.jpgCoral Princess by Jasperdo, on Flickr

The only ship I've had it on was the Coral Princess last year during an Alaska cruise. I did a B2B cruise and they did it once each week. We went both times. At that time, I asked here on CC if they had it on other ships. Mostly I heard it was on the Coral and Island. I hope they keep adding it to other ships. I loved it. It was not on the Star Princess in December.

Bavarian night is good, too, and I've seen that on many ships.

Edited by KruzPrincess

The only ship I've had it on was the Coral Princess last year during an Alaska cruise. I did a B2B cruise and they did it once each week. We went both times. At that time, I asked here on CC if they had it on other ships. Mostly I heard it was on the Coral and Island. I hope they keep adding it to other ships. I loved it. It was not on the Star Princess in December.

On the Star Princess to Hawaii in March they offered a modified Mongolian Grill a few nights in the Horizon Court Buffet. They had ready made bowls with assorted ingredients already in them. You brought it up and the chef added noodles to it. It wasn't nearly as good as the one on the Coral, which was a true Mongolian Grill experience. Here's a photo I took on the Star Princess:

14245225036_7d512b4408_z.jpgStar Princess - Hawaii Cruise by Jasperdo, on Flickr

Are all these theme nights on every ship?We are going on the Hawaii cruise in November on the Star and really want to try the Mongolin bbq and Bavarian night.Are there any other theme nights offered?

I fear you may be disappointed... I've never seen either of those theme nights on four cruises to Hawaii... However, there were special lunch buffets, such as oriental soup station, fruit and veggies stations, Mexican buffet... the Star doesn't have a Cafe Caribe where most of the theme night buffets are held.

The Horizon Court on the Star had a Bavarian night and an Italian night when we traveled to Hawaii in Nov. of 2013. Very tasty, esp the Bavarian.

I don't think they need a dedicated Cafe Caribe place to do the theme dinners. I've seen them in regular old HC before.