Jewel of the Sea

Does the Jewel of the Sea have a continuous Promenade that you can walk around the ship on? Pictures?

No it doesn't. You will find the Promenade on Voyager and Freedom class only.

Edit: If you are referring to outside, then it would be Deck 5.

Edited by cruisenfever

Does the Jewel of the Sea have a continuous Promenade that you can walk around the ship on? Pictures?

Loved the Jewel but no promenade and I did miss the promenade. Loved the windjammer outside seating area, the seaview cafe although the hours were weird, mostly opened after they thought people were coming back on board from a port call, usually about 2:30 pm. I wanted to have lunch in there but couldn't. I did like the way some of the trivia was in the centrum, plenty of room to watch from other decks with seating areas. Really liked the Jewel and I would sail her again. :eek:

The inside area is called the ROYAL PROMENADE.That's on Voyager and Freedom class. The outside walking deck is simply the promenade deck. Jewel doesn't have a Royal Promenade....it has a Centrum.....a small area on public decks with access to the public areas and cabin hallways.

Hello -

Deck 5 has the walk around deck you are asking about. At the front of the ship you will need to climb stairs to reach the helipad. Some areas are open and some areas have port hole views It can be windy out on the front on sea days.

pics attached. Use Google for more

Capture.jpg.c4755155250420ab17cf6f006db5bbe9.jpg

Capture1.jpg.6a7ca34cfe166ed51d63d2a5fc2cdb87.jpg

Capture3.jpg.c655862a3bace8eb01d87e05bcf118dc.jpg

Hello -

Deck 5 has the walk around deck you are asking about. At the front of the ship you will need to climb stairs to reach the helipad. Some areas are open and some areas have port hole views It can be windy out on the front on sea days.

pics attached. Use Google for more

Thank you! That's what I'm talking about. I have only cruised on Princess Grand class ships and they have a continuous Promenade deck that you can walk and circumnavigate the ship. You have to walk up stairs around the front of the ship but that gives you a little more exercise. Doing laps around the ship on at sea days is one of my main pleasures in cruising. :)

Doing laps around the ship on at sea days is one of my main pleasures in cruising. :)

If your main interest is doing it for fitness, there is a dedicated jogging track on Deck 12 . It gets way crowded in the day with people moving the loungers into the track (:rolleyes: ) but early mornings are absolutely glorious. :)

Thank you! That's what I'm talking about. I have only cruised on Princess Grand class ships and they have a continuous Promenade deck that you can walk and circumnavigate the ship. You have to walk up stairs around the front of the ship but that gives you a little more exercise. Doing laps around the ship on at sea days is one of my main pleasures in cruising. :)

The helipad was most often closed when we were on the Jewel, so going around the ship from Deck 5 was not possible. As stated above the jogging track on Deck 12 is your best bet. Early morning or late at night is the best time.

DSC00121-L.jpg

If your main interest is doing it for fitness, there is a dedicated jogging track on Deck 12 . It gets way crowded in the day with people moving the loungers into the track (:rolleyes: ) but early mornings are absolutely glorious. :)

It's not just for fitness. On the Princess ships there a certain ambiance to it. On the Princess ships the lifeboats are hung over the Promenade deck (deck 7) and it's lined with teak rails and furniture. Looking at the ocean, watching other strollers go by, sometimes sitting and reading, or doing it all makes for a pleasent afternoon. Early morning and after dinner strolling just can't be beat! :D

Edited by philv

...Looking at the ocean, watching other strollers go by, sometimes sitting and reading, or doing it all makes for a pleasent afternoon. Early morning and after dinner strolling just can't be beat! :D

Yes, understood. You will definitely enjoy strolling and watching and reading on Deck 5. If the access stairs to the helipad are closed, you can turn around and stroll back again, hopefully no big deal.

I have to say, I'm excited for you to try Royal. I see you are a Princess cruiser - hope to hear you love the RCI product. :)

Love the post...I too feel the same running in the morning as the suns coming up...Sea air, fresh breeze, sailing away from reality and a good run starts my day off perfectly...Love it