Entertainment I wish they had....

We have sailed many times on RCCL (D+) and there are so many nights that we would love to just sit and listen to a great guitar player singing Jimmy Buffet tunes, easy listening or even sing along. My suggestion for this would be, for instance, Rita's Cantina. There's plenty of seating, a bar, and the best thing would be that it's semi open to the sea air (or at least it was on the Brilliance). They talk about closing Rita's because they dont have enough utilization. Why not give people a reason to go? There's so many open decks that I would love nothing better than to enjoy good music, a cold beverage and to be outside. It doesn't seem like it would cost them much. We've tried to go into the pub on the Explorer to listen but it's such a dark dismal place, we end up leaving. I don't know about all of you, but i look so forward to go on a cruise that i want to really enjoy the fact that I'm at sea rather than being inside a bar. We sailed on the Celebrity Summit years ago and there was a great guitar player playing each night at the very end of the ship beyond the "Windjammer" (don't remember what they call it on that ship). I personnaly, couldn't wait to get through dinner so we could sit and listen until the wee hours.....

Just my two cents.... :cool:

There are often entertainers like this on cruises we've been on. On our recent Freedom cruise there was a guy in the Vintages club every night who did Jim Croce, John Denver, Jimmy Buffet, etc. He was quite good.

Tom

We have sailed many times on RCCL (D+) and there are so many nights that we would love to just sit and listen to a great guitar player singing Jimmy Buffet tunes, easy listening or even sing along. My suggestion for this would be, for instance, Rita's Cantina. There's plenty of seating, a bar, and the best thing would be that it's semi open to the sea air (or at least it was on the Brilliance). They talk about closing Rita's because they dont have enough utilization. Why not give people a reason to go? There's so many open decks that I would love nothing better than to enjoy good music, a cold beverage and to be outside. It doesn't seem like it would cost them much. We've tried to go into the pub on the Explorer to listen but it's such a dark dismal place, we end up leaving. I don't know about all of you, but i look so forward to go on a cruise that i want to really enjoy the fact that I'm at sea rather than being inside a bar. We sailed on the Celebrity Summit years ago and there was a great guitar player playing each night at the very end of the ship beyond the "Windjammer" (don't remember what they call it on that ship). I personnaly, couldn't wait to get through dinner so we could sit and listen until the wee hours.....

Good R&B band...."beach" music, if you will! The old standards for good dancing! I'd love to go on one of the "beach music" cruises, but they're usually in the winter....and sometimes, a coat is required on deck...not my idea of good cruise weather!

Steel drums would be nice too, again in the open air, afternoon.

Love royal but when we cruise the newer celebrity ships sure love the live music up top in the grass. They give you little stadium type chairs and blankets to sit on the lawn and have cheese, crackers and fruit and also wine for purchase. It's awesome 😄

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Love royal but when we cruise the newer celebrity ships sure love the live music up top in the grass. They give you little stadium type chairs and blankets to sit on the lawn and have cheese, crackers and fruit and also wine for purchase. It's awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Sounds great! When we were on the Summit, on the last night, all of the performers (lounge singers, members of the production troupe, orchestra members, etc) held a jam session. They played and sang their favorites, and really showcased their talents. It was very informal and so much fun!

Also, the production singers and dancers held a separate concert where they sang standards and Broadway songs. It was very personal and informal - they told stories of what the song meant to them, etc. We loved it!

My suggestion for this would be, for instance, Rita's Cantina. There's plenty of seating, a bar, and the best thing would be that it's semi open to the sea air (or at least it was on the Brilliance). They talk about closing Rita's because they dont have enough utilization. Why not give people a reason to go? There's so many open decks that I would love nothing better than to enjoy good music, a cold beverage and to be outside. It doesn't seem like it would cost them much.

Superb idea! I remember being on the aft of Constellation in Greece with a drink and all my friends watching us sailaway with drink in hand.

What I thought odd about Rita's is that it should have a dance floor for Salsa/Merengue, especially since there's no Boleros venue. I suspect that place, and the aft open deck, would fill up real quick in the evenings :D

I miss the Rosario Strings. Heard them on the Allure in March. Totally awesome!

Wow, I haven't seen them for a couple of years. I thought maybe that their relationship with Royal had ended, so I'm glad to hear they were on Allure so recently.