One cabin booked for 2 people - change booking to 2 cabins

As the title says - I currently have a booking of one cabin for myself and a mate - we'd now prefer to change that to have a cabin each.

The deposit is currently paid up (and non refundable as the booking is made in Ireland). Will Royal allow me to transfer half the deposit (i.e. my friends) to another cabin given that it is an extra "sale" for them?

All I can find in the terms and conditions is references to name changes on bookings not anything to transferring one persons' deposit over to another cabin.

Thanks.

Probably not. Deposits for single cabins are usually double . Don't forget your going to pay a single supplement for each cabin as well.

I have no problem paying double deposit (once it goes towards my total cost). In relation to single supplements it looks like it's hardly any saving and the 2 cabins will cost nearly double the one cabin - that's fine - all I want is that I don't lose the €200 I paid for his deposit!

As the title says - I currently have a booking of one cabin for myself and a mate - we'd now prefer to change that to have a cabin each.

The deposit is currently paid up (and non refundable as the booking is made in Ireland). Will Royal allow me to transfer half the deposit (i.e. my friends) to another cabin given that it is an extra "sale" for them?

All I can find in the terms and conditions is references to name changes on bookings not anything to transferring one persons' deposit over to another cabin.

Thanks.

Probably not. Deposits for single cabins are usually double . Don't forget your going to pay a single supplement for each cabin as well.

That is not true.

The deposit is per person, not per cabin, so the deposit isn't increased.

It is POSSIBLE that they will transfer your deposit, but it is equally possible that they will make you pay up a new deposit for the new cabin. The old deposit, of course, remains as part of the payment on the old cabin, so you two would have to settle up either privately or at final payment time.

:)

I personally think it would be easier to deal with the money situation privately. I think if you have Royal get involved it might cause some headaches. Not too sure how it works, but if you only used one cc to make the deposit, they will probably only refund the deposit back to that cc instead of moving it to the room.

I personally think it would be easier to deal with the money situation privately. I think if you have Royal get involved it might cause some headaches. Not too sure how it works, but if you only used one cc to make the deposit, they will probably only refund the deposit back to that cc instead of moving it to the room.

Thanks everyone. Yes, there is no issue with the money between us, the issue is that, because this is a booking from Ireland, they don't refund deposits so I was hoping that they would let me transfer the half deposit to the other cabin rather than lose it altogether. Equally I'd be happy if they took one name off my current booking, but left the 2 deposits paid towards the cost of that cabin. Then we'd just start afresh with a new cabin and pay a new deposit on that.