Sandals in the MDR

I just bought these sandals from Payless:

http://www.payless.com/womens-minka-glitter-flat-sling/74196.html?dwvar_74196_color=black#start=97

I was wondering if it is okay to wear them in the MDR. I read no flip flops and I don't consider these to be flip flops (I think flip flops are cheap, plastic shoes to wear poolside or on the beach). I showed DH and he said "you can't wear those in the MDR." I wouldn't wear them on elegant night, but I was considering wearing them on other nights just so I wasn't wearing my fancier wedge shoes every night. Opinions?

I just bought these sandals from Payless:

http://www.payless.com/womens-minka-glitter-flat-sling/74196.html?dwvar_74196_color=black#start=97

I was wondering if it is okay to wear them in the MDR. I read no flip flops and I don't consider these to be flip flops (I think flip flops are cheap, plastic shoes to wear poolside or on the beach). I showed DH and he said "you can't wear those in the MDR." I wouldn't wear them on elegant night, but I was considering wearing them on other nights just so I wasn't wearing my fancier wedge shoes every night. Opinions?

As per the dress code, flip flops are allowed in the dining room. However, beach flip flops are not.

Edited by Disconnections

However, flip flops, sandals, or any footwear, that only covers the bottom of your feet, and is held on by a strap is inappropriate in any restaurant.

You must not be from Florida or California if you think sandals are inappropriate in restaurants. We're more relaxed about arbitrary rules like that down here in FL.

It's Carnival, so they will let you in. McDonalds also will let you in. Not much different. However, flip flops, sandals, or any footwear, that only covers the bottom of your feet, and is held on by a strap is inappropriate in any restaurant.

According to whom?

Those are fine! I'm sure on your previous cruises your DH has seen women in the MDR with similar on every night, unless he's like my DH who believes that no one notices shoes.

Speaking as a DH myself, I will admit to noticing shoes and clothing. :)

I wore sandals like the all the time last cruise. I plan to wear them again this year. I was just In a wedding and our sandals looked very similar to that. I think they are fine:)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You must not be from Florida or California if you think sandals are inappropriate in restaurants. We're more relaxed about arbitrary rules like that down here in FL.

Amen!

I wear my Birks everywhere.

Ummmm, I live in Florida, and I don't wear Sandals to restaurants, and my wife does not either. I also, unless it's McDonalds or some fast food joint, will not wear shorts at a restaurant either. My boys, who are now young man, now, also, will not wear sandals, or flip flops in a restaurant, nor do they wear shorts. They are both Florida kids. Most of the adults I work with, or are around, will do the same. So my point is, that when going to McDonalds, or a fast food joint, it is acceptable to wear beach wear, shorts, t-shirts, and footwear that has only a sole on it, with straps and Carnival has the same rules.

Florida has nothing to do with dressing decent. The MDR is not a place to wear whatever you want, but as I pointed out, you will only find a question like this on a Carnival board. Thus the similarity between McDonald and Carnival.

I have been on Carnival ships, as well as others, and I have been amazed at what some people wear on a Carnival ship. Yes, it happens on other cruise lines, but the main difference is the huge percentage on a Carnival Ship, that was never taught the right time, and wrong time to wear certain items.