just curious reason behind your Cruise Critic Registered name

I served with the 2/11th ACR in 'Nam. The Unit insignia is a Rearing Black Stallion -- known as the 'Black Horse' Rgmt since 1901. Slang in 'Nam was soulpony! My first screen name years ago and never changed it.

Soulpony

Thank you for serving our country!! I lived in NY, moved to TX almost 2 years ago and guess what my name is????

My maiden name was Sturgeon, which is a fish. (Caviar lovers, you're eating Sturgeon fish eggs... yummy... I never ate caviar. In my family, its considered cannibalism...) I’m also a swimmer and LOVE the water. My mom always said that I must have a pair of FINS and GILLS. I changed the F to a PH because I'm a pretty big Parrot Head (Jimmy Buffett fan) and we tend to change our F's to PH's.

I'm the proud Dad of two delightful Dachshunds, so it had to be Dachshund Dad!

Just like Dachshund Dad mine is related to my canine companion....but thank goodness I picked an easier breed to spell!!! :eek: (it took me three tries to type Dachshund :rolleyes: )

I live with a great big Great Dane. That's why I never feel crowded in the ship cabins. I'm used to squeezing through hallways and stepping over a giant sleeping body...

Cheryl

Someone on the Cruise Critic boards helped me pick my screen name a few years back. I use to be "Cruise Virgin"...then I went on my first cruise and had to change my name and asked for suggestions on the boards.

My real name is Bonnie and I am always planning my next voyage, so.....

Bonnie Voyager...a.k.a. "Bon Voyage" :D

I am a huge NHL fan.....Detroit Red Wings are my favorite team......and one of my favorite players is Brendan Shanahan.......therefore.....I am a Shanafan......

I like your screen name. Shanahan is one of my favorite players also.

I am glad there is going to be a hockey season this year.:D

Keeping with the topic...there is an advantage to having a first name that is uncommon.

Madelyn

Cindy is my 1st name but couldn't get anything to work so I used my middle name Rae and that wouldn't work so I typed it twice and voila.....

Cindy ;)

My middle name is also Rae. When little my brother and my uncle both called me Rae Rae. My uncle also called me DD Rae.

As for my screen name, my nickname is Dee and I live in New York.

I could be double posting, hope not.

I am an amateur ham radio operator and kg4pit is my call sign that was assigned to me when I passed my test. I feel sorry for the person that got their call sign before me. The T would have been an S !!!

by the way, I'm hooked on these boards:)

Kay

I live in Merion.........and have given birth twice. :D The spacer is there so that I don't end up like captain'stable. :D

Carol

...good thinking...my DW would have selected CaptianUnstable for my if she had thought of it...

so we had to make do with an acronym:

We Have Always Loved Eating;

We Are, Therefore, Cruisers; Happily Eating Regularly.

bet you guys thought we were just nature lovers!;)

Archived