Cheers Drink Pass...yay or nay???

typically drinks are between $5 - $10 per drink. Its only worth it if you drink more that the per cost per day. that usually 6 - 8 drinks per day to break even.

without knowing how much you drink and what you drink , no one can tell you if its worth it.

I purchased it on my first cruise and made a point to book my next cruise on a ship that offers it. Being from Louisiana I am used to starting at 7am and not quitting until 2 the next morning, so for me it was well worth it. One other benefit is you are able to get as many sodas as you want so if you drink 4-5 frozen drinks(they run about 8-10 bucks) and then move on to sodas to give your system a little change of pace then it may be worth it.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing. I'm on vacation and will want to start early!! However I doubt I'll have solely alcoholic drinks the entire day. I figured it'd be perfect for the "days at sea".

Sent from my iPad using Forums

How I justified it was, if I get a drink with lunch, 2 for dinner, 2 during shows I am at least breaking even so everything is lagniappe. I don't ever remember going overboard, literally and figuratively, because I spaced the drinks evenly.

But, as everyone else will tell you, you are the only one that knows yourself so if you see it as a deal then go for it.

What ship are you sailing on?

Cheers actually cost more than the drinks would have for me, but I paid it knowing that my cruise will now be all inclusive, plus I had enough OBC to cover most of it anyway, so it was very little out of pocket.

Cheers actually cost more than the drinks would have for me, but I paid it knowing that my cruise will now be all inclusive, plus I had enough OBC to cover most of it anyway, so it was very little out of pocket.

I agree with Steve. Having Cheers takes the hassle factor out of the cruise. You can enjoy your tasty beverages without worrying about your Sail & Sign balance. :-) Cheers is about more than just counting pennies and drinks.

It's worth it, and you don't have to drink 15 drinks to make it pay off. I like to taste different drinks and if I don't like them, I give them back and get something else 5 minutes later. It's very easy to get to the breakeven point.

Well I'm a lightweight for starters and love frozen mixed drinks. Such a typical girl lol.

Frozen drinks ( Pina Colda, Daiquiris) were $7.50 each, so you will need to drink at least 7 per day to break even.

Here are the program details about our beverage program- CHEERS!

With the purchase of this program, you will enjoy the ease and convenience of paying one flat price for your spirited beverages (yep, that’s with alcohol) all cruise long! At only $49.95 per person ($69.95 on 3 days cruises), per day, plus a 15% gratuity, this program is an amazing value! Simply use your newly-stickered Sail & Sign Card and you’re ready to enjoy!

Beverages included in the program are:

• All spirits, including cocktails and frozen drinks, as well as beer and wine by the glass with a $10.00 or lower menu price

• Sodas and non-alcoholic frozen cocktails

In addition, guests who purchase CHEERS! are entitled to:

• 25% discount off the menu price for bottled water

• 25% discount off the menu price for any spirits or wine above $10.00 per drink

• 25% discount off the menu price for wine and champagne by the bottle

Beverages excluded from the program are:

• Non-alcoholic beverages other than soda and non-alcoholic frozen cocktails

• Beverages promoted and sold in souvenir glasses

• Bottles of liquor

• Bottled water (offered at a 25% discount)

• Wine and champagne by the bottle (offered at a 25% discount)

• All spirits or wine above $10.00 per drink (offered at a 25% discount – drinks count toward the 15 drink total per 24 hour period)

• Beverages offered at gangway while debarking

• Beverages offered through room service as well as mini bars and/or other in-stateroom beverage programs

• Sharing cocktails, floaters, pitchers, tubes and buckets

• Beverages offered through Enomatic wine machines

• Coffee beverages and food items

• All other beverage-related programs including cookbooks and bar books, beverage seminars and classes, as well as cigars

Frozen drinks ( Pina Colda, Daiquiris) were $7.50 each, so you will need to drink at least 7 per day to break even.

Here are the program details about our beverage program- CHEERS!

With the purchase of this program, you will enjoy the ease and convenience of paying one flat price for your spirited beverages (yep, that’s with alcohol) all cruise long! At only $49.95 per person ($69.95 on 3 days cruises), per day, plus a 15% gratuity, this program is an amazing value! Simply use your newly-stickered Sail & Sign Card and you’re ready to enjoy!

Beverages included in the program are:

• All spirits, including cocktails and frozen drinks, as well as beer and wine by the glass with a $10.00 or lower menu price

• Sodas and non-alcoholic frozen cocktails

In addition, guests who purchase CHEERS! are entitled to:

• 25% discount off the menu price for bottled water

• 25% discount off the menu price for any spirits or wine above $10.00 per drink

• 25% discount off the menu price for wine and champagne by the bottle

Beverages excluded from the program are:

• Non-alcoholic beverages other than soda and non-alcoholic frozen cocktails

• Beverages promoted and sold in souvenir glasses

• Bottles of liquor

• Bottled water (offered at a 25% discount)

• Wine and champagne by the bottle (offered at a 25% discount)

• All spirits or wine above $10.00 per drink (offered at a 25% discount – drinks count toward the 15 drink total per 24 hour period)

• Beverages offered at gangway while debarking

• Beverages offered through room service as well as mini bars and/or other in-stateroom beverage programs

• Sharing cocktails, floaters, pitchers, tubes and buckets

• Beverages offered through Enomatic wine machines

• Coffee beverages and food items

• All other beverage-related programs including cookbooks and bar books, beverage seminars and classes, as well as cigars

Here is an actual menu showing you the drink prices.....frozen drinks range from 7.25-8.75 and martinis can set you back $9+......hopefully this helps in your decision.

carnival_barmenu_indoor.pdf

Since I'm not a big drinker the cheers program would not be worth it too me besides if I drank 15 drinks a day for seven days it would kill me. On my last cruise this kid did drink 15 drinks a day and had to buy some more of course he was 6' 3 and weighted 220lbs. I'm 5'6 and weigh 140 lbs.

Gary

What kills is that everyone in the cabin over 21 has to purchase if one person does. For my husband and myself, on a 7 day cruise, that would be over $800! That's a RIDICULOUS amount of money to spend on booze, IMO. I just don't see how it can save ANYONE any money.

What kills is that everyone in the cabin over 21 has to purchase if one person does. For my husband and myself, on a 7 day cruise, that would be over $800! That's a RIDICULOUS amount of money to spend on booze, IMO. I just don't see how it can save ANYONE any money.

Well, let's see....I drink Jack and Ginger Ale. $6.25/per. 8/day puts me over the break even point. Not difficult to do. Keep in mind, this is over the course of a day, not sitting at a bar for an hour and slamming them back. Just because it wouldn't work for you, doesn't mean it doesn't save others money.

Did Cheers On Splendor 8 day....460.00

If I didn't, my bar bill would have been over $800.00

Coor's Light 16 oz, vodka/cranberry, bloody mary, glasses of wine, martini's...

Mixed up throughout the cruise. Only hit the 15 limit once. One day I only had six!!

Definitely worth it until the day when I don't drink alcohol anymore!!!

Seven beers and your'e pretty much even!

Wondering if it's worth it??? Also what are the going rates for alcoholic beverages on the cruise?

Remember that everyone over 21 booked in the same cabin MUST purchase Cheers.

Take into consideration how many sea days and port days you have. Will you get your money's worth on port days?

Have a great cruise.

It's worth it, and you don't have to drink 15 drinks to make it pay off. I like to taste different drinks and if I don't like them, I give them back and get something else 5 minutes later. It's very easy to get to the breakeven point.

That is my primary motivation. I don't know how many of the drinks will taste so I want to try new things without feeling like I am then stuck with something I don't like.

Edited by momof3cruisers

The non-alcoholic frozen drinks don't count towards the 15 do they?

I have been on a ship with the program and without. The last cruise was on the one without. I had the money to pay for the drinks, but since I had to pay individually I always had to ask, is it really worth $10? I didn't enjoy the cruise very much because I was constantly wondering what else I could spend that money on. I could do the same when I am using the Cheers Program, but it just seems to make the cruise more laid back. I know what to budget, and I know that I will not have to worry while I am ordering a drink.

I get tired of people worrying about who drinks 15 a day. Like someone else pointed out, it it the break even point you need to worry about. Some may try to hit that number every day, and honestly, so what if you do! I know I will not get sick off of 15. It is in a 24 hour period of time. I will have a mimosa with breakfast, misc. drinks during the day (while playing cards, etc), martini (chocolate!) at dinner, and some drinks in the comedy club. I also enjoy having the soda included. I hope that the smoothies are included and not counted towards the 15 as well. That would be wonderful!