Starters in MDR

Spikey M

Not sure how this would work if you are on freedom dining but it works well if you are on set seating.

Enjoy your cruise.

Strangely, on Oceana freedom dining it worked better than with previous experiences on set seating. Every evening I just ordered, told them I didn't eat the offending item (only one thing in my case, though it's something that has become horribly ubiquitous in recent years) and asked them to come back to me if there was a problem. I don't recall there ever was.

I have always found the waiters are always willing to oblige and will adapt the combinations to suit eg one of our group often chopped and changed the veg with ease.

They do a great job.

I didn't care for any of the mains on the Marco Pierre White 'Gala Night' menu and assumed that the daily alternative grilled menu was still on. The waiter politely explained that it wasn't on due to the MPW menu, so I made a quick decision on one of the menu choices.

The waiter then came back five minutes later and explained that he'd spoke to the chef and they were doing the grilled chicken for me. :cool:

Are you for real? Lots of people don't have a starter and I don't see hoardes of bored people sat in the MDR.

Does this forum really need to spoon feed people?

Not nice. If you cannot post an informative response then do not contribute.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I love the starters like others say trying something new is great and some things I have not liked and they replaced them with something else.

I have always mixed and matched as my OH says, if there is something I don't like with one of the meals I will ask them to leave it off or ask them if they can add something on and have never had any issues.

The waiters just want you to enjoy your dining experience and are really helpful.

You will really enjoy your self ignore the sarcastic comments life is too short for negativity - would they say it to your face I doubt it