Coral - Which Are The Better Mini-Suites & Which Ones To Avoid?

florida lover

We're planning to do the Coral partial Panama canal transit in Feb. 2015. We would like a mini-suite. We're trying to determine which are the better mini-suites on the Coral and which ones to avoid. We would also like a covered balcony.

Thanks for any input!

We're planning to do the Coral partial Panama canal transit in Feb. 2015. We would like a mini-suite. We're trying to determine which are the better mini-suites on the Coral and which ones to avoid. We would also like a covered balcony.

Thanks for any input!

Try here....

http://mysite.verizon.net/res76zxu/princessbalconies/index.html

Thanks for any input!

So I've stayed in C728 which was a fine room, nice to have an extended balcony as it was fully aft on Caribe deck. There seemed to be a window washing gantry on Dolphin and Emerald that would obscure the view aft when stowed, so I would avoid those Minis. Although we hit some rough water, I probably would not book C728 again just because it was noticeably rougher than even a few rooms forward. And, none of the end rooms have covered balconies.

In 2007 and 2012 we were on the Coral to Alaska. We lovee the Dolphin 7XX series mini suites because the balcony is fully covered, there is no hall traffic, you are steps away from the back viewing deck (which no one ever visits), and - should you be so inclined - the laundry room is in that area. In 2010 on the Island we had a Caribe mini in the 7XX series for our Panama Canal transit that had a partially covered balcony plus all the other advantages (can't vouch for location of the laundry - look at the deck plans) plus the back deck was wider and had lounge chairs. As ruunerodb83 noted the very last cabins on both decks are uncovered - I would avoid them.

Edited by capriccio

In 2007 and 2012 we were on the Coral to Alaska. We lovee the Dolphin 7XX series mini suites because the balcony is fully covered, there is no hall traffic, you are steps away from the back viewing deck (which no one ever visits), and - should you be so inclined - the laundry room is in that area. In 2010 on the Island we had a Caribe mini in the 7XX series for our Panama Canal transit that had a partially covered balcony plus all the other advantages (can't vouch for location of the laundry - look at the deck plans) plus the back deck was wider and had lounge chairs. As ruunerodb83 noted the very last cabins on both decks are uncovered - I would avoid them.

What do you mean by "plus the back deck was wider and had lounge chairs"?

Thank you!

What do you mean by "plus the back deck was wider and had lounge chairs"?

Thank you!

The width of the aft viewing area varies by deck. On dolphin it isn't wide enough for furniture. On caribe it is wider and they have lounges on it.

We stayed in the 700 aft end on Dolphin deck. All except the last cabin was covered. We loved it as we had 7 cabins in a row and the laundry room was very convenient. The aft viewing deck was in a great location for us too. We loved the location so much our group will very likely book the same area for Alaska.

The width of the aft viewing area varies by deck. On dolphin it isn't wide enough for furniture. On caribe it is wider and they have lounges on it.

For what its worth it would be the depth of the deck not the width.

The width is the same all the way up. ;)

I've been looking at the 7XX minis too, it seems like a great location. My one concern is that it is a long walk forward to all the dining venues. We much prefer running up and down the stairs to walking the length of the ship all the time. We really liked our aft cabin on the CB for that reason. Can anyone comment on that?

I'm also looking at the Baja forward minis because they also have quick access to an outside deck.

Edited by MJC

I've been looking at the 7XX minis too, it seems like a great location. My one concern is that it is a long walk forward to all the dining venues. We much prefer running up and down the stairs to walking the length of the ship all the time. We really liked our aft cabin on the CB for that reason. Can anyone comment on that?

I'm also looking at the Baja forward minis because they also have quick access to an outside deck.

We were just on the Coral in D620, which is uncovered. I liked that it got lots of sun, which was good as we were in Alaska. I would prefer the aft to be close to that rear deck -- it will be less windy than a forward deck when the ship is moving. The Coral is a smaller ship, so the walk to the Buffet or MDR is not so great -- and we always have a vow to walk and always use the stairs and not the elevator so we can justify dessert! You're doing Panama Canal, and I just read somewhere about whether port or starboard is better, depending on your direction of travel -- but I can't remember now what it was! You might want to ck that before deciding on your cabin since there will be lots to see, I imagine.