Which ship?

izmeeh

If price and dates are the same, would you please rank the following ships in the order of preference for an Alaska cruise? If you can, please rate each ship out of 10.

Norwegian Sun, Holland ms Statendam, Radiance of the Seas, Island Princess, Coral Princess, Celebrity Millennium, and Crown Princess.

Thanks.

If price and dates are the same, would you please rank the following ships in the order of preference for an Alaska cruise? If you can, please rate each ship out of 10.

Norwegian Sun, Holland ms Statendam, Radiance of the Seas, Island Princess, Coral Princess, Celebrity Millennium, and Crown Princess.

Thanks.

We have been to Alaska twice. We cruised on the Radiance of the Seas and the Star Princess. We have not sailed on the others you mention. Between the two we have sailed on, I give the Radiance a 10 and the Star Princess a close 9. Alaska is fantastic. Happy cruising!

Thanks.

Coral Princess

Island Princess

HAL Statendam

Crown Princess

For sure, I'd pick either a Princess or HAL ship because both have been doing Alaska for a very long time and offer an excellent cruise experience there. :)

LuLu

Thanks.

I can really only rate Sun, Radiance, Millennium and Crown because those (or their twin sisters) are the only ships I've sailed out of your list. Of those, my ratings are...

Radiance 10

Crown 8

Millennium 8

Sun 4

I gave Crown a 8 because I find those ships to be very crowded. Millennium is really nice, but my 8 is for lack of activities. NCL Sun, well, never mind.

One thing...don't fall for the "cruise line x has been sailing there longer" bit. Common sense should tell you that makes no difference. It's not like Alaska looks different from a ship that's been there more times than another ship.

FWIW, if Glacier Bay is desired you are limited to HAL, Princess or NCL. I really can't compare your choices as I've only cruised Alaska twice, both times on Princess and had great experiences each time. This year is the NCL Sun. I get the impression that Alaska cruises tend to be more about Alaska and less about the ship/onboard experience.