Baby on board

Hi all,

My wife and I will be traveling with our 16 month old baby in Oct on the Allure. While I have cruised a bunch (and previously on the Allure), this will be the first time cruising as a parent and frankly I never paid attention to what other parents did on my prior cruises so I am seeking advice from you other parents who have cruised with the little ones. 1. Should I bring my stroller or is it too tough to navigate on the ship? If I should, any suggestions on which. We have one of those BOB running strollers, but I don't think we want to bring something that big. 2. Does the ship provide cribs or pack n plays or do I need to bring something. 3. Any other advice you can give on cruising with a little tot.

Thanks all.

Hi all,

My wife and I will be traveling with our 16 month old baby in Oct on the Allure. While I have cruised a bunch (and previously on the Allure), this will be the first time cruising as a parent and frankly I never paid attention to what other parents did on my prior cruises so I am seeking advice from you other parents who have cruised with the little ones. 1. Should I bring my stroller or is it too tough to navigate on the ship? If I should, any suggestions on which. We have one of those BOB running strollers, but I don't think we want to bring something that big. 2. Does the ship provide cribs or pack n plays or do I need to bring something. 3. Any other advice you can give on cruising with a little tot.

Thanks all.

Just cruised with a 17 month old grandson...an adventure in itself... We brought a very small inexpensive travel stroller one that could at least layback from BabiesRUs and it worked well..avoided the umbrella type and glad we did. Your BOB much too large and bulky.

The ship provides pack-play (porta cribs) request them on you booking. You may also want to bring your own fitted sheet.

The Nursery was amazing for this age group (there were 9 between the ages 0f 6-36 months) but we had no problem reserving the times we wanted..and the staff was wonderful..very dedicated to childcare (professionals with experience not just regular crew). Also the area was set up everyday with different toys for open play with you and your child during certain hours (we were usually the only ones in there). Also when you board go to the Nursery and sign up and do ask for their bag of toys they lend you for the cruise. While we didn't have a child with us when we had recently sailed Oasis we did check out the nursery and was amazed at what a great facility it was...so we knew we would be using it when we sailed the ROS to Alaska last month...Both you and your child will enjoy this wonderful family option.

Definitely bring a stroller...lots and lots of walking! Both on the ship, and in ports!

Do bring any and all baby meds....anything you think you might need....nose drops, tylenol, lotions and potions for rashes and stuff....anything that is "baby specific"....the ship doesn't carry child formulations of OTC drugs!

Aside from bringing the baby specific items, you will have a lovely family vacation! And, that's what this will be!

It's doable but not very relaxing for the parent; the ship is not baby proof as much as your house. It gets easier when over 3 and can go to a kids club where you feel safe they are locked into a particular area.

I accused my toddlers of looking for ways to off themselves. Anyway, snacks the kid likes along with all the meds and naptime for everyone can help along with tag teaming parents so someone can get a break.

What's sometimes hard to find on a ship is a relatively safe place (besides nursery) where you and kid can go and not need to hold hands and let them burn off some energy running around or tossing a ball or yelling a little too loud and not bothering anyone else. We sometimes went, with even older than toddlers, to an empty lounge during the day. The dance floor was a good place to run around and play with toys you packed (blow up a balloon) while a parent sits in a cushy chair watching or plays some. With a couple of kids, when a little older, they'd play hide and seek.

Christmas 2013 we cruised with 15 month old GS and and it was great. BUT... it was two sets of grandparents along too. We took our own pak and play and traded it around our 3 cabins. Can not imagine doing it without family to share care of the baby.