Birthday celebration

We bought b-day decorations for our daughter once in advance, I think we did it online but I'm sure you could call too. Room was decorated when we arrived and it was nice. I think it was around 30.00. Not sure what the arrangements would be if you wanted it other than the first day.

Edited by bouhunter

Take a look at this page. It gives you information about ordering "celebrations" onboard for your cruise. The "Stateroom Decorations" are at the bottom of the page and are $31.

During the ordering process (when you're specifying payment), you can select which day you'd like to have the decorations set up.

The order must be placed by 7 PM Eastern Time on Thursday before your sailing.

beahlover777, If it is not the first day buy the decorations in advance and ask the room steward. A few years ago when my husband was turning 60 I bought decorations in advance. When my husband was in the shower I asked the room steward to decorate while we were at dinner. He was more than happy to help. Of course I gave him a $10.00 tip.

I also bought along tape for him to use.

Edited by clementine

Thanks everyone! It is only a short cruise so I would want the decorations up hopefully when we arrive in our room. Thanks for the link! Also, do they have cakes or will they just sing at dinner if we ask?

They will sing and give you one small piece of cake for no extra charge. If you want a larger cake that serves the table, then you must order that before or during the cruise.

Edited by clarea

The will sing give you a small piece of cake for no extra charge. If you want a larger cake that serves the table, then you must order that before or during the cruise.

Great thanks for the info! Free cake may be the way to go then! Lol!

• 1 month later...

I just made final payment online.

CSR asked me if we were celebrating any special occasions during the cruise and I told him it was my son's birthday. He said they would deliver a cake to the MDR on the first formal night. I pointed out that his birthday was on the 2nd formal night and he agreed that date would be more appropriate. :)

Since I knew they charged for the cake I asked how much it would be and he said it was complimentary.

Time will tell whether we get the single piece or the whole cake. :p

CSR asked me if we were celebrating any special occasions during the cruise and I told him it was my son's birthday. He said they would deliver a cake to the MDR on the first formal night. I pointed out that his birthday was on the 2nd formal night and he agreed that date would be more appropriate. :)

Since I knew they charged for the cake I asked how much it would be and he said it was complimentary.

Please report back. They normally charge something like $17 for the cake.

Plan on the piece of cake. SO MANY passengers are celebrating something, it nice to hear Happy "whatever" every night.

If the cake ( a piece or a whole one) and the singing is important, please try to remind the waiter or head waiter. Often these celebrations are overlooked, even if noted by the reservations dept.

enjoy

M

Plan on the piece of cake. SO MANY passengers are celebrating something, it nice to hear Happy "whatever" every night.

If the cake ( a piece or a whole one) and the singing is important, please try to remind the waiter or head waiter. Often these celebrations are overlooked, even if noted by the reservations dept.

enjoy

M

Thanks.

Not important. I won't tell my son so he won't be disappointed if it doesn't happen.