Passport Info Card

bluedevil72

I just found our passport information cards that I had forgotten came with our passports. There is a place to fill in the passport number and expiration date which I had already done. Are these cards good for anything other than having contact info on the back? Is it a good idea to carry them with you when you cruise?

I just found our passport information cards that I had forgotten came with our passports. There is a place to fill in the passport number and expiration date which I had already done. Are these cards good for anything other than having contact info on the back? Is it a good idea to carry them with you when you cruise?

As soon as my new passport came I scanned the picture page and threw out anything else that came with the passport. I do not believe the card of which you are asking, needs to be carried with you. Any required contact numbers can be found quickly with a Google search.

Scott & Karen

No need to carry them, I don't even think we kept ours.

Sounds like it's something provided for travelers to use or not use as they see fit. Also sounds like it's good info to have handy so I would probably carry it.

Thank you for your responses. I have read on threads about passport cards and I didn't think what I have is what was being referred to.

You are correct. The card you have is not really useful for anything other than perhaps assisting a consulate or embassy in finding your passport number a minute or two faster to get an emergency replacement.

It is not a "Passport Card" which has limited border crossing use. For more info, look here: http://travel.state.gov/content/passports/english/passports/information/card.html

I got my renewed passport (and Passport Card) "a few years ago", and I don't remember getting what you're referring to. Perhaps this is something that's fairly new. They sound like something I'd throw away.

We got our first passport in 2006, but the card is something that most people probably throw away. As I said, I found ours accidentally a couple of nights ago. Some of you have already mentioned the "real" passport card, which is the one I had read about on other threads. Thanks again.

We got our first passport in 2006, but the card is something that most people probably throw away. As I said, I found ours accidentally a couple of nights ago. Some of you have already mentioned the "real" passport card, which is the one I had read about on other threads. Thanks again.

I think people are referring to two different things. The paper that comes with the passport and the Passport Card that looks like a drivers license ( it costs 30 or 40 dollars extra and I doubt anyone would throw it out) The Passport Card is fairly new and is easier to carry around then the book, thats the whole purpose of it.