Desparately in need of info. on M class cabin 9119 9119

cruiseacecat

OK, I knew better than to book a guarantee. But I did it anyway and now I have been assigned this cabin on a 14 night cruise on Infinity. Since my husband is actually coming with me, it needs to be a cabin in which he can sleep.

Very grateful for any help from anyone who has stayed in this cabin. And I have learned my lesson, finally. :(

Perhaps with the exception of New Years, I don't think that there will be loud music on the pool deck in the evenings. The pool deck has been deserted in the evenings on all of the X cruises we have taken.

If there are other available staterooms in the same category you have been assigned (looks like cat 9) they will allow you to switch.

Edited by simon stingray

Hi Anne:), you said there is not much left to choose from but that means

there are other cabins available.......some?......nothing else anywhere

inside? Deck 8, deck 7....both are in between decks of "cabins only".

Sorry you are so upset.

Anne, which cruise are you going on? British Isles is a 2 weeker.....?

I am guessing it is quite port intensive and I would doubt there will

be a lot of music at the pool in the evenings.

It depends what itinerary you are doing. If it is a warm cruise like south America- they will have the band every afternoon by the pool- usually in the late afternoon. In the late morning there will be an aerobics or rumba class outside (maybe but I imagine the South American cruises are older people not into this stuff). There may be one evening where there is a poolside buffet late night but if so- go it's awesome.

If you are doing the British Isles, Alaska or a cold climate- there will be zero going on outside. So you won't have to worry.

Edited by rebeccalouiseagain

Hi Lois,

Really sorry to come across as a drama queen. Not really like me at all, I hope.

This is a cruise actually chosen by the Hubby to celebrate our anniversary and our birthdays. They all fall within a three week period.

I just want him to be happy with his choice. And sleep is important, especially for him. The only other choice, other than deck 9, is a connecting cabin all the way forward on deck 7. Other than that, it is 4 cabins on deck 9. And I have in my notes that 3 of them are very noisy.

I will see what can be done tomorrow. Thanks for your concern. It means a lot.

Rebeccalouiseagain,

It is the British Isles cruise in August. Hope that you are right about the lack of activity on deck. I think our choice is motion all the way forward or deck 10 noise. So sorry we are on a budget. This is one time I would splurge.

Thanks for your encouragement. It is appreciated.

Rebeccalouiseagain,

It is the British Isles cruise in August. Hope that you are right about the lack of activity on deck. I think our choice is motion all the way forward or deck 10 noise. So sorry we are on a budget. This is one time I would splurge.

Hey, Anne!

If it's the British Isles in August, nothing to worry about. People will be too tired from touring all day to be fooling around on the pool deck at night. Great cruise, by the way. Enjoy!

Rebeccalouiseagain,

Hi Anne- I see you are from Maryland like me. I did the British Isles cruise in August of 2008 and it is going to be sweater weather in the British Isles. It will be comfortable for sightseeing but not hot normally. It is cool when at sea and there aren't going to be any people by the pool. It's a wonderful cruise and it will be a welcome relief from the Maryland heat and humidity.

Edited by rebeccalouiseagain

Hey, Anne!

If it's the British Isles in August, nothing to worry about. People will be too tired from touring all day to be fooling around on the pool deck at night. Great cruise, by the way. Enjoy!

Hi Linda,

Here's hoping you are right. Difficult enough to get him on a cruise, without the specter of no sleep. Going to hope for the best. Really am looking forward to many ports neither of us has been to. Just had a momentary panic.

Hope things are going well with you and that you are enjoying being a grandma. I do try to keep up, but life has a tendency to get in the way sometimes.

Anne, what a wonderful cruise and way to celebrate too. We have not stayed in that cabin, but based on our experience of 4 cruises in late August/early September in the British Isles & Northern Europe sailing from England, it will likely be cool in the British Isles evenings especially when at sea in late August/early September and likely any evening parties would be held indoors such as in the Constellation Lounge versus where the bandstand is. Because of the evening coolness, not many people will be walking around the pool and bandstand at night. The lounges/chairs are off to the sides, so you shouldn't hear chair scraping either.

Plus as Linda mentioned people would be tired from touring and your itinerary is very port intensive, so not too much action during the day in that bandstand area and less at night. An inside cabin will be nice and dark at night. Personally, I would rather have that cabin than one that is far forward, but as you know, we like aft cabins.

On another note, we have been to all the ports except Liverpool and Glasgow - some multiple times, so if you have questions, please feel free to email me.

Kathy

Edited by TourDeCruise
Correction - 4 cruises not 3 cruises in late Aug./early Sept.

Hi Anne- I see you are from Maryland like me. I did the British Isles cruise in August of 2008 and it is going to be sweater weather in the British Isles. It will be comfortable for sightseeing but not hot normally. It is cool when at sea and there aren't going to be any people by the pool. It's a wonderful cruise and it will be a welcome relief from the Maryland heat and humidity.

I feel quite guilty right about now. I complained about our winter and now I am trying to escape our summer which has barely begun. Of course, being in Timonium, you are a few degrees cooler. :) Thanks for the encouraging words.

We were on the Infinity in May on a version of the British Isles itinerary.

We were on deck 9 and never heard a peep from deck 10. Friends were under the pool portion and had no complaints either.

Trust me, the pool deck was probably the quietest place on the ship after dark.

You shouldn't have a problem at all.

Enjoy every moment of your celebration.

Hi Anne, good morning....check the previous post.....looks like they

were on deck 9 and had NO NOISE ISSUES:D;):).....just teasing

with the caps....

Oh, one other item.......you mentioned in one of your posts being

on a budget......I just want say, I don't know anyone who doesn't

have some type of budget:eek: and hope you feel a bit better this morning.

Somewhere on here there is a report from people about their cabins. I looked at it before we went on our cruise. I will dig around. I think it is in the sticky section.

Thanks. I checked the list, but did not see this cabin listed.

On another note, we have been to all the ports except Liverpool and Glasgow - some multiple times, so if you have questions, please feel free to email me.

Kathy

Yes, Anne, if you want some recommendations for private tour operators, send me an e-mail. We had some excellent ones. It's a great cruise.

A very big THANK YOU for all of the encouraging responses. Cruise critic people are just the best.

Seriously I book 9103 every time I sail Summit and Infinity. I have been in that stateroom 7 times. That stateroom is directly under the band and I love it, once in a blue moon I would here a slight sound of music in the afternoon, it was pleasant. You are so close to the elevators that you are not under the band.

You are where they set up the t-shirt sails and specialty dining table, right about even with the sliding doors to the pool. I've done this room on caribbean cruises where there is a lot more dancing and thumping....trust me no thumping. It is the most convenient location on the ship. You will not find a better inside cabin location, and the stewards there seem a little better because they are Aqua stewards.......

Seriously I book 9103 every time I sail Summit and Infinity. I have been in that stateroom 7 times. That stateroom is directly under the band and I love it, once in a blue moon I would here a slight sound of music in the afternoon, it was pleasant. You are so close to the elevators that you are not under the band.

You are where they set up the t-shirt sails and specialty dining table, right about even with the sliding doors to the pool. I've done this room on caribbean cruises where there is a lot more dancing and thumping....trust me no thumping. It is the most convenient location on the ship. You will not find a better inside cabin location, and the stewards there seem a little better because they are Aqua stewards.......

This sounds very promising coming from someone who has stayed in that same area. Sounds like 9103 is the one I should have tried to get. Thanks so much.