C&A special rates?

We just became Platinum [i know a very small feat, not bragging] and noticed that we are no eligible for special rates on certain cruises. Well the one we want to book next [Liberty of the seas, Sept. 24 2015, NE/Canada] is on the list. How does all this work, meaning what are the usual savings and where do we see the savings or how do we apply for the "special rate"? We definitely want a balcony for this cruise that is for. We did this cruise 5 years but on Explorer. We do NOT want to miss this beautiful cruise on Liberty. Thank you for any help.

You just log into your account and the best applicable discounts will magically appear if you check off your items like residency, military, senior, etc.

Exactly- there is no method or fixed amounts like there used to be. They can appear and disappear at any time as well, not like the old ones that were there for the entire quarter.

Wish they had it listed as a discount to check as are senior, military, etc. Or that your price summary explained the discount(s) given other than total dollar amount. I booked a cruise on RCI website yesterday, saw the discount, didn't know which one it was as I always check senior, mil and residency. It just stated on res that we need appropriate id to board. But, when I called C&A to have balcony discount applied, they said I already had the C&A discount. The discount in the summary was a combination military and C&A. Thought I had a deal too good to be true. I cancelled:(

Guess I should deselect all discounts and see if a C&A comes up, then add the others back. Seems like a little more work when you do as much price watching as I do:)

For some reason, Royal does not want to make it easy to get detailed information about discounts.

We had one of our cruises where the CAS savings rate was better than the balcony discount so the website automatically applied the better discount.

:rolleyes::rolleyes: I wonder which sailing that was:)

Guess I should deselect all discounts and see if a C&A comes up, then add the others back. Seems like a little more work when you do as much price watching as I do:)

That is what I do now. I check not logged in, then logged in, then with all appropriate boxes checked. Easy Peasy!!!:rolleyes: NOT!!!