stateroom (cabins)

kaztig79

I've got two cruise booked with princess cruises.

One for this year in September on the emerald princess, staying in cabin (L231), if anyone stayed in this cabin a med cruise can you please tell me if you got a lot sun on there.

I'm also booked one for next in September on the emerald princess, staying in cabin (L251), if anyone stayed in this cabin a med cruise can you please tell me if you got a lot sun on there.

All Emerald Princess balconies are covered except for the larger balconies on Caribe deck which are partially covered and the mini-suites on Dolphin deck. How much sun (wind and rain) your balcony will have depends on the time of day and the direction the ship is sailing.

The two cabins you mention are identical and only 5 cabins apart. Both have 9'x5' covered balconies, identical interiors and both are on the starboard side of the ship. Sun depends on the direction of travel. The sun is always south and rises east, sets west. So, if you are sailing westbound your cabin will be in the shade all day, eastbound, sun all day, northbound morning sun, southbound, afternoon sun. Also be aware that Princess could upgrade your cabin, and you could wind up in a different location.

I have cabin L214 booked, and have been told although most cabins have glass front balconies to give you a great view. The Lido deck are metal??

Not sure on this one. Non of the pics I have looked at really confirm this.

But the spa is above, and it should not be noisy.

Only the first few have a metal railing because they are on the curve and have exposure to the wind when underway.

I think 214 is glass. We have been in 202 which is next to the suite and its metal. ;)

Edited by Colo Cruiser

Thank you for all your replies.

Just tow more questions. I like Bellini's I was wondering if I can order them on the emerald princess.

I have got myself a Outdoor Chair Deckchair Clip On Parasol Shade Protection

(http://www.coopersofstortford.co.uk/src/gbase/coopers-of-stortford-uv-garden-parasol-buy-1-get-1-free-prodst09558i/?gclid=CKK5rKzJrr8CFWf4wgodoiEAOg)

Princess have come back and yes this is okay to use, but still unsure if it okay? If any one can give me any advice that will be good.

I have seen people use those, but you must take them off of the balcony when you are not on it. (like laundry) It might blow away!

I even saw one lady with one at the pool, she was there with kids, and sat for a longish time.

Thank you, this is very helpful.

I was having second thoughts about taking it, but I will take it now.

I'm not a big drinker but quite like a Bellini, but not sure if anyone knows if the emerald princess sell Peach Bellini's?

I've got two cruise booked with princess cruises.

One for this year in September on the emerald princess, staying in cabin (L231), if anyone stayed in this cabin a med cruise can you please tell me if you got a lot sun on there.

I'm also booked one for next in September on the emerald princess, staying in cabin (L251), if anyone stayed in this cabin a med cruise can you please tell me if you got a lot sun on there.

Hi kaztig....we are staying just down the hall from you on Lido. The balconies are glass, and it's a great view from up there! Lots of sun depending on which way the ship is sailing, and quite private as nobody is looking down on you.

The Emerald has two Med sailings this September, and we have roll calls going for both of them (either Sept. 16 or Sept.30)...so come on over to the roll call page to meet your fellow cruisers if you want!

LidoLiz

Especially on Lido deck!

Colo Cruiser:

Would Lido Deck be OK for Hawaii out of LA RT in April as I understand seas

are rough? We don't mind rockin' and rollin' as long as it is not alarming.

I am tempted to get mini-suite (only for bathtub) but the balcony is usually fine for us.....spend the extra 1000 on excursions?

Graduated U of Colorado in 60's.......were you there ?

Thank you, this is very helpful.

I was having second thoughts about taking it, but I will take it now.

I'm not a big drinker but quite like a Bellini, but not sure if anyone knows if the emerald princess sell Peach Bellini's?

I know that people made a big deal about being able to get Bellini's on the Royal and Regal. Because it seemed to be a big deal, that would suggest that this drink may not be available on the other Princess ships. It's not a complex drink to make so I don't know exactly why it wouldn't be available but...

Sorry I can only provide circumstantial evidence rather than actual knowledge but I haven't seen anybody else addressing this portion of your inquiry so I'm using a bit of deductive reasoning to offer an opinion that you "might" not be able to procure a Bellini on the ship you are sailing.

On the other hand, since the drink made such a big splash on the two new ships perhaps it is being rolled out to the entire fleet and there just isn't any fanfare connected since it is, after all, merely the addition of a single drink to their menu.

(Pretty wishy-washy answer, isn't it...:rolleyes:)

Re a Bellini, yes, it's available on all ships. Bellinis are my favourite trivia drink and I've never not been able to get one, no matter the venue of the day.

On your ship, the Emerald, in the bar called Adagio (and only at that bar), they have a variation called the Citrus Bellini. You. Must. Try. This. It is absolutely delicious.

Colo Cruiser:

Would Lido Deck be OK for Hawaii out of LA RT in April as I understand seas

are rough? We don't mind rockin' and rollin' as long as it is not alarming.

I am tempted to get mini-suite (only for bathtub) but the balcony is usually fine for us.....spend the extra 1000 on excursions?

Graduated U of Colorado in 60's.......were you there ?

I think Lido would be great, but remember being up that high you will feel alot when its rough.

A mini would be excellent too, we like Emerald deck mini's.

In the late 70's. ;)