How's Oceania in a pinch???

dundeene

Now I know!

I have booked my air with Oceania all 5 of my cruises. This is the 1st time there was a weather problem. After my flight was delayed 5 times then cancelled, Oceania went to work to make sure I made my cruise on time.

While my TA and I waited on the line; Oceania's Maria cancelled my previous air itinerary and rerouted me avoiding NY completely (on a different carrier).

I was amazed at the great service I received as Oceania saved the day (and the cruise). When I talked to the ticket agents for the airline prior to calling Oceania they told me it was impossible to make my ship. I am thankful for my great TA and Oceania who went the extra mile to get me to the boat.

We will be enjoying dinner in Toscana this evening after the meet and greet. I am ready to put up my feet and enjoy the cruise;)

So happy everything worked out well....we have a different story to tell. In February on an O cruise DH fell and broke his shoulder - 5 days into the cruise. To make a long story short, we saw the doctor to advised us to go to a hospital in Okinawa (which arrangements were made), as his x-ray machine was "fuzzy" and it was confirmed by a Japanese doctor that indeed it was broken. The next day, a sea day, arrangements were made by the concierge (darling Diego) with Oceania (we used the air deviation) to get us home as quickly as possible. He also informed our insurance company of what happened, and the paper work was waiting for us when we arrived home. We were asked if we needed help packing and getting off the ship. Luggage was taken off and put in a taxi for us and off we went. It was a difficult few days, but if not for the efforts of the Oceania staff, it would have been more difficult. There are many people who have negative things to say, but when something like this happens and you are helped so very much, all the negativity should be gone. This trumps everything else. Arlene;)