MDR Pride of American new to NCL

Lorey2007

We will be on Pride of America and are new to NCL. We will be eating in the MDR each night will they try to seat us with the same wait staff each night like they do on some other cruise lines? If it's just random and different wait staff each night does anyone ever tip on a daily basis in cash if they have gotten good service? I know the service charge is supposed to include the tips just want to be sure.

Is there a difference in the Skyline Dining room & the Liberty dining room and can we pick which ever one we want to eat at?

NCL is freestyle dining. You don't need to make reservations for dinner ( NCL did start allowing passengers to make reservations if they choose too though) and you can show up at different times each night if you want to. So you will generally never be seated with the same wait staff twice. But if you loved your waitstaff I am sure you can ask to be served by them again.

Liberty and Skyline have the same menu. The decor is different in each. And although POA is more resort casual- Liberty is supposedly where you should dress a bit nicer than skyline.

I ate at the Liberty the 1st night. Liked the atmosphere but my server was a bit overwhelmed as he got additional tables.

Had much better waitstaff in the Skyline.

• 1 month later...
NCL is freestyle dining. You don't need to make reservations for dinner ( NCL did start allowing passengers to make reservations if they choose too though) and you can show up at different times each night if you want to. So you will generally never be seated with the same wait staff twice. But if you loved your waitstaff I am sure you can ask to be served by them again.

Liberty and Skyline have the same menu. The decor is different in each. And although POA is more resort casual- Liberty is supposedly where you should dress a bit nicer than skyline.

I ate at the Liberty the 1st night. Liked the atmosphere but my server was a bit overwhelmed as he got additional tables.

Had much better waitstaff in the Skyline.

Thanks so much for your reply. I have been wondering if there was a difference in the menus. I also, have never sailed NCL before. Is there a location where you can see the day's menu prior to going to dinning room?

Thanks so much for your reply. I have been wondering if there was a difference in the menus. I also, have never sailed NCL before. Is there a location where you can see the day's menu prior to going to dinning room?

First, on all of the other NCL ships (haven't been on POA yet), the two main dining room menus are slightly different - both may have steak, but different cuts; both may have grilled chicken, but with a slightly different twist.

The menus are posted outside the doors to the main dining rooms before the start of dinner each evening - can't remember when exactly they post them.

We were on the POA in December and the two MDR menus were slightly different as the previous poster mentioned. We would usually make a point of checking the posted dinner menus in the afternoon once lunch was over.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We were on the POA in December and the two MDR menus were slightly different as the previous poster mentioned. We would usually make a point of checking the posted dinner menus in the afternoon once lunch was over.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Can you request to be seated with other passengers?

• 1 year later...
What is the wait time like for the mdr without reservations?[/quote

It depends on the time you go. Dining rooms usually open around 5:30 and will go until 9:30 (approx) Usually the 7 pm time slot is busy.

On the first day is there anywhere to see menus for the entire week?

Can you request a table for two?

I don't think the menus for the whole week are available but the menus are posted the morning of the day if you want to do a specialty restaurant.

Yes of course you can request a table for 2, in fact you're more likely to be seated by yourselves than having to share. Many people will not volunteer to share.