Everyone in cabin have to buy drink package?

Booked on Vision of the Seas for a sisters cruise in September. There will be 3 of us in the cabin, but only one of my sisters wants to buy an alcohol package. The other 2 of us might buy soda package but do not drink a lot. I asked a friend who works for RCL if just 1 in a cabin can buy the alcohol package and she said everyone had to get it...but I am not seeing that listed anywhere on the website when I look at packages, even when I click more information and read the fine print. Where does it state this?

In my searching I did this bit of info that says no non-alcoholic beverages can be brought on board? So no longer allowed to bring own soda and water on board? http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&pnav=2&faqType=faq&faqSubjectId=336&faqSubjectName=Food+%26+Beverage&faqId=260

Booked on Vision of the Seas for a sisters cruise in September. There will be 3 of us in the cabin, but only one of my sisters wants to buy an alcohol package. The other 2 of us might buy soda package but do not drink a lot. I asked a friend who works for RCL if just 1 in a cabin can buy the alcohol package and she said everyone had to get it...but I am not seeing that listed anywhere on the website when I look at packages, even when I click more information and read the fine print. Where does it state this?

In my searching I did this bit of info that says no non-alcoholic beverages can be brought on board? So no longer allowed to bring own soda and water on board? http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&pnav=2&faqType=faq&faqSubjectId=336&faqSubjectName=Food+%26+Beverage&faqId=260

Royal no longer requires everyone in the stateroom to buy a drink package.

Edited by clarea

Oh my sister is going to be SO HAPPY! And tipsy! :D Thank you. I thought it would be noted somewhere in the fine print if that were the policy.

Oh my sister is going to be SO HAPPY! And tipsy! :D Thank you. I thought it would be noted somewhere in the fine print if that were the policy.

I think all they did is remove the old fine print that said everyone in the stateroom had to buy the same package.

Here's the website FAQ:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&pnav=2&faqType=faq&faqSubjectId=336&faqSubjectName=Food+%26+Beverage&faqId=5805

Note that the website still has an old FAQ about the old rules.

Edited by clarea

True they don't overtly state that the old policy of everyone in the cabin purchasing the package has been dropped (as of last November). The fine print on the Cruise Planner page for drink packages (all the way at the bottom) does state "Prices are per person unless otherwise noted...". Enjoy! :)

How do they control "sharing "a drink package? Can the person who has the package get 2 drinks at a time?

No, they only serve one drink at a time to guests with an unlimited package.

Edited by clarea

You also can purchase it any day on board as long as there are at least four days remaining on the cruise.

Do you have a source for that? Can it be purchased, for example, for the 2nd, 3rd and 4th days of a cruise then dropped?

Do you have a source for that? Can it be purchased, for example, for the 2nd, 3rd and 4th days of a cruise then dropped?

No, once purchased it is for the duration of the remainder of the cruise. The only modification made was to allow it to be purchased anytime on board for the remaining consecutive days as long as there are at least 4 days remaining as indicated.

Partial package FAQ:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&pnav=2&faqType=faq&faqSubjectId=336&faqSubjectName=Food+%26+Beverage&faqId=5804

Edited by clarea

I somehow missed this change until now. That is good to hear as my wife does not drink at all and the requirement of everyone in the stateroom needing the package has prevented me from even considering it in the past.

I somehow missed this change until now. That is good to hear as my wife does not drink at all and the requirement of everyone in the stateroom needing the package has prevented me from even considering it in the past.

That change was made in Nov 2013.

Thanks for that. Is there a published beer/cocktail/wine menu with prices available anywhere?

This is a decent list from Gambee:

http://cruisewithgambee.com/royal-caribbean-drink/

Edited by clarea