To Vibe or Not to Vibeon the Breakaway, that is the question

yoboy08753

We are tossed and need opinions either to spend the 79.00pp (not to mention the mad rush to get to guest services after embarkation) for the Vibe for the adult only, hot tub, and lounge chair private access or just do SpiceH20 during the day as they also have 2 hot tubs, lounge chairs and are adult only during the day...for free......Thoughts?:confused:

We are tossed and need opinions either to spend the 79.00pp (not to mention the mad rush to get to guest services after embarkation) for the Vibe for the adult only, hot tub, and lounge chair private access or just do SpiceH20 during the day as they also have 2 hot tubs, lounge chairs and are adult only during the day...for free......Thoughts?:confused:
I did Spice in March and had no problems getting chairs or into the hot tubs!;) $79/pp and no pool for the vibe!:eek: You should be fine in Oct!:) Edited by *Luv2Cruz*

We got on the boat at around 1:30pm, thinking all passes would be gone. Totally shocked to find out they still had about 30 left. Got two passes and went up to check out area. Three people were there, with no pool, and two hot tubs. With no pool, we bailed out, and got our money back.

If crowded, this area would seem too tight and no way to "cool off."

Save your money, there is plenty of room on the ship with access to water, the slides, and a nice breeze. If you want no one around you for the week, then this might be the place.

Live the life and spend the money if you can afford it. However, if you are tight then it may not be worth it because it was kind of boring and also hot without the pool. Better use for the cash in specialty restaurants or perhaps join a gator excursion in FL. You can always relax in the upper adult only deck then walk back down to enjoy the hot tubs and the pools for free.

Live the life and spend the money if you can afford it. However, if you are tight then it may not be worth it because it was kind of boring and also hot without the pool. Better use for the cash in specialty restaurants or perhaps join a gator excursion in FL. You can always relax in the upper adult only deck then walk back down to enjoy the hot tubs and the pools for free.

I think that most people buy the Vibe pass because they want it to be a quiet place with very little people (="boring").

I know that NCL call it a Beach Club but it's just a quiet, less crowded place for people who just want to relax away from the crowd.

Just off the Breakaway......considered Vibe and decided against it. The ship was at full capacity and we were extremely happy at Spice H2O! Never really overly crowded at all - very comfortable, plenty of space and the waterfall feature was lovely!

We've been thinking about getting Vibe passes but I can't decide what to do. We like the idea of knowing we'll have a place to go. Is there shade in Vibe?

LLCoolDoc, what time did you usually get to Spice? I like the sound of Spice because there's the waterfall area, as opposed to Vibe where there's only hot tubs.

Just off the Breakaway......considered Vibe and decided against it. The ship was at full capacity and we were extremely happy at Spice H2O! Never really overly crowded at all - very comfortable, plenty of space and the waterfall feature was lovely!

Is the work on the water area in spice still going on ?

My wife and I paid for Vibe last September and loved it. The ship was full. Plenty of shade in vibe if you need it. I walked to H20 a few times and it was always wall to wall people. At the most we had 25-30 people in vibe. If our kids were sailing with us I might think twice about

We are going to attempt to get to the Pier early and if we can get them we will, if not we won't. I can't start my vacation off like I am at Rope Drop at WDW on the fourth of July trying to get onto Toy Story Mania. ;)

I think you will be okay with Spice H20 or regular deck seating as long as you are not sailing during a school holiday. Ship will not be overly jammed with kids in October when you sail. I had Vibe passes when we cruised on Breakaway last August, (we loved Vibe, but ship was sooo crowded cause it was summer vacation) and can tell you that right in front of the Vibe area is a large quiet area with tons of deck chairs. It was never crowded - most people didn't even know it was there.

I see you've gotten a few responses but I figured I would throw my two cents in. I got Vibe on my honeymoon last year and we LOVED it. After days of wedding activities, it was nice to have a quiet place onboard the ship to unwind for a few days. We literally spent each sea day up there, and used it some nights in Bermuda.

I also liked having a restricted access deck during sailaway so you had space to enjoy the amazing view sailing out of NYC. We also had a bartender that quickly learned our names and provided excellent service all week. The hot tubs usually aren't crowded, there are TWO for the area and they are usually empty.

I would say the only drawback I had was that we missed out on some of the pool activities (sexy legs etc.) that I usually have fun watching, but I would do vibe again and again on a cruise where I need to relax (I plan on it for my cruise next month!)

Happy to answer any questions, and hope this was helpful

We've been thinking about getting Vibe passes but I can't decide what to do. We like the idea of knowing we'll have a place to go. Is there shade in Vibe?

LLCoolDoc, what time did you usually get to Spice? I like the sound of Spice because there's the waterfall area, as opposed to Vibe where there's only hot tubs.

FYI, the hot tubs in Vibe are more like warm tubs. I'm not a hot tub guy but found them pretty refreshing.

Hi Lazy Days!

We went to Spice at various times throughout the day. Probably no earlier than 10:00 - stayed for a bit, ate lunch and went back until 5ish- never really felt it was crowded. The waterfalls were up and running and the hot tubs never full! The bartenders learned our names quickly and were very attentive - cool towels were also passed out throughout the day. Even during a World Cup game on the big screen there were spaces available. Several umbrellas for shade and of course the bar was shaded. I was not disappointed!

Hope this helps in your decision making!

Thanks to everyone for all the replies to our thread it really helped us make our decision to not do the vibe. We can now scratch off the list of the mad dash to guest services to get our pass and just chillax. Thank you all!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I see you've gotten a few responses but I figured I would throw my two cents in. I got Vibe on my honeymoon last year and we LOVED it. After days of wedding activities, it was nice to have a quiet place onboard the ship to unwind for a few days. We literally spent each sea day up there, and used it some nights in Bermuda.

I also liked having a restricted access deck during sailaway so you had space to enjoy the amazing view sailing out of NYC. We also had a bartender that quickly learned our names and provided excellent service all week. The hot tubs usually aren't crowded, there are TWO for the area and they are usually empty.

I would say the only drawback I had was that we missed out on some of the pool activities (sexy legs etc.) that I usually have fun watching, but I would do vibe again and again on a cruise where I need to relax (I plan on it for my cruise next month!)

Happy to answer any questions, and hope this was helpful

Thanks for the detailed input!

I have been thinking about the sailaway. Isn't Vibe on the wrong side when leaving New York City? Isn't the view of Manhattan what matters when leaving New York City or is the view to the other side just as interesting or even better? We will have a suite so we have access to the Haven sundeck but that is also located in what I thought was the wrong side.

I have been thinking about the sailaway. Isn't Vibe on the wrong side when leaving New York City? Isn't the view of Manhattan what matters when leaving New York City or is the view to the other side just as interesting or even better? We will have a suite so we have access to the Haven sundeck but that is also located in what I thought was the wrong side.

.....firstly, it is not on the wrong side, it is on the opposite side. The views are beautiful either way, but you do get other things on that side, the main being the Statue of Liberty.

And remember, on the way home, the Haven is on the correct side.

;)

wasiii

.....firstly, it is not on the wrong side, it is on the opposite side. The views are beautiful either way, but you do get other things on that side, the main being the Statue of Liberty.

And remember, on the way home, the Haven is on the correct side.

;)

wasiii

If one side is better, I think that the other side is the wrong side. We have sailed from NYC before, on the Dawn, and agree that both sides have beautiful views but I still thought that the Manhattan view was better. We will defenitely start with the view from the Haven but if we feel that it is the wrong side, we might move to the public sundeck on the opposite side. The free sparkling wine they serve in the Haven at sailaway is nice but maybe they wait a long time before serving that so we might go back to the Haven when the best views on the Manhattan side are gone and get some wine then.

We will be cruising in February so maybe there is a snowstorm and we prefer to stay inside!!!

Edited by sverigecruiser

The city is off to the left when you're pulling out and vibe is off to the right, so you do miss some of the skyline, but to be honest, i was focused on the freedom tower and got plenty of amazing photos of it from Vibe. The statue of liberty was off to the fight so you get a great view of that as well.