Waterfront dining?

sjde

Near as I can tell, the Ocean Blue restaurant is where the waterfront dining is?

Can you eat outside at any other venues besides the pool deck, like the buffet maybe?

ocean blue is on the waterfront and you can dine outside

there is a place called the uptown grill on deck above the buffet that has outside seating. The buffet also has some outside seating near the entrance of the buffet and on along the sides of the pool area.

Near as I can tell, the Ocean Blue restaurant is where the waterfront dining is?

Can you eat outside at any other venues besides the pool deck, like the buffet maybe?

On the waterfront is the pickup window for ocean blue for al a cart and seating for dining, cagneys, la cucina, and moderno

It is really nice and was not used by many guests when I was on board

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by BrPanthers99

And what exactly is The Waterfront?

The Waterfront is a sort of promenade deck. It features outdoor bars, and outdoor seating for the specialty restaurants on that deck. There is also a take-out window for lunch from Ocean Blue, and a window for gelato and pastries at Carlos Bakery. The Waterfront is one of my favorite places on the Getaway!

The Waterfront is a sort of promenade deck. It features outdoor bars, and outdoor seating for the specialty restaurants on that deck. There is also a take-out window for lunch from Ocean Blue, and a window for gelato and pastries at Carlos Bakery. The Waterfront is one of my favorite places on the Getaway!

To add to that, Waterfront is currently found only on Breakaway class ships (Breakaway and Getaway) but will be there also on the new Breakaway Plus class ships (Escape and Bliss).

May I just ask a question here?

Can a pax sit and eat on the waterfront WITHOUT paying for a premium restaurant? Or is the seating just for up charge venues?

All the food places on the waterfront are ones you pay extra for.

However, there are a couple of bars and some chairs so you can sit there. You just can't eat (unless you carry food from elsewhere I suppose).

No, we don't tolerate any questions here on boards. ;) :D :D

Can a pax sit and eat on the waterfront WITHOUT paying for a premium restaurant? Or is the seating just for up charge venues?

Speciality restaurant dining tables outside are only for speciality restaurants' customers, just like their inside tables. In theory one probably could bring any food to bar seating areas on Waterfront and eat there but the tables in those areas are much lower.

On the Breakaway TA they had the hot dog stand out on the Waterfront on the day that the weather was nice, so we sat on the loungers and ate them. Do they still do that?

Yes, to my understanding the hot dog stand is part of Breakaway's New York theme so it's permanent (albeit moving) fixture there.

On the Breakaway TA they had the hot dog stand out on the Waterfront on the day that the weather was nice, so we sat on the loungers and ate them. Do they still do that?

last month, the hot dog stand was by the marketplace/pool area and by spice h20. never seen then near the waterfront

Not while the restaurants are serving.

But, do you mean during the day?? A place quiet place just to sit?? Then probably yes!

Since the restaurants (except the Ocean Blue take out window) are open only for dinner I don't know why you couldn't sit at one of the tables on the waterfront that is for the restaurants during the day. The tables and chairs remain out on deck - they do take in table set ups. But I don't know why you couldn't choose to take what ever you'd like out there to enjoy the area.

The up charge venues like Cagneys, Moderno, La Cucina and Ocean Blue (except for the take out window) are only open for meals during the dinner hours, so you are free to use the tables and chairs there during the day. I frequently saw people relaxing there with books. Guess no one would say anything if you were eating there, but it would not be very convenient to schlep your food from somewhere else to that spot, and there would be no staff to clear your table until probably 5:00, so you would have to take any plates etc,. back to where they came from.