Sanctuary pricing

Carla3

We booked the Sanctuary for our full 5 day cruise to GC and Cozumel and loved every day of it. However, our next trip is a 7 day cruise with four port days. Can I go up to the Sanctuary on the first day and book it in advance for the three individual days I will need at $40 per day or do I need to show up bright and early on those days I want one day Sanctuary passes? Also, would you rather have a cabana on Princess Cay or a full week Sanctuary pass? Thanks!

If you want it for only certain days you must book on those days only. Only full cruise bookings are done embarkation day.

We booked the Sanctuary for our full 5 day cruise to GC and Cozumel and loved every day of it. However, our next trip is a 7 day cruise with four port days. Can I go up to the Sanctuary on the first day and book it in advance for the three individual days I will need at $40 per day or do I need to show up bright and early on those days I want one day Sanctuary passes? Also, would you rather have a cabana on Princess Cay or a full week Sanctuary pass? Thanks!

Can I go up to the Sanctuary on the first day and book it in advance for the three individual days I will need at $40 per day or do I need to show up bright and early on those days I want one day Sanctuary passes?

If you are not booking for the entire cruise at $30/day on embarkation day, then you must go up early each morning to book a lounger for that day at $40/Day. They do not allow you to Book multiple individual days in advance

• 2 weeks later...

Just back from our wonderful cruise on the Caribbean Princess. They let us book individual days in advance at the Sanctuary on embarkation day. We just booked the two at sea days. This was more convenient than having to do it on the morning of each day. On a sadder note, the Sanctuary is no longer serving scones and clotted cream. :(

Just back from our wonderful cruise on the Caribbean Princess. They let us book individual days in advance at the Sanctuary on embarkation day. We just booked the two at sea days. This was more convenient than having to do it on the morning of each day. On a sadder note, the Sanctuary is no longer serving scones and clotted cream. :(

Wow! That's great but I wonder if this is fleet wide or an individual ship's policy? Anyone else have experience with this on other ships? I'm on a full transit Panama Canal in Jan on the Island and was going to book the full cruise, but didn't want to pay for port days.

Berni

Wow! That's great but I wonder if this is fleet wide or an individual ship's policy? Anyone else have experience with this on other ships? I'm on a full transit Panama Canal in Jan on the Island and was going to book the full cruise, but didn't want to pay for port days.

Berni

Do the math of $30/day for full cruise or $40/day for the days you want.

(Is the Panama Canal day extra in any case?)

Do the math of $30/day for full cruise or $40/day for the days you want.

(Is the Panama Canal day extra in any case?)

Good question! Still wondering if anyone else has any experience on other ships with booking single days in advance?

On a sadder note, the Sanctuary is no longer serving scones and clotted cream. :(

Very sad. That was a highlight each afternoon for us. We were on the Ruby in January. Will be on the Royal in December - here's hoping!

Princess newbie here...

So - you pay extra for the Sancutary and then if you want to eat while you are there you pay $3 for food you already paid for to be delivered? ;)

That about sums it up. :) I have friends who swear by the place, so I guess the cost is worth it to some. Probably it depends on the itinerary. On my recent Alaska cruise on the Star, the Sanctuary was virtually empty most of the time.

That about sums it up. :) I have friends who swear by the place, so I guess the cost is worth it to some. Probably it depends on the itinerary. On my recent Alaska cruise on the Star, the Sanctuary was virtually empty most of the time.

I'm guessing for our first cruise BFF and I will find lots to do without spoiling ourselves in Sanctuary.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That about sums it up. :) I have friends who swear by the place, so I guess the cost is worth it to some. Probably it depends on the itinerary.
I'm now booking oceanview cabins rather than balcony cabins and depending on the itinerary, book the Sanctuary for the whole cruise. For me, it's cheaper than booking a balcony since I pay double for the balcony but just one lounger in the Sanctuary. I plan to do this on my 14-day HI cruise in February.

As for paying $3 for food you've already paid for, that's not the case. You're paying for delivery service, just as you would for pizza delivered to your cabin. It takes time for the attendant to go and get the food. Usually, I get up and go to the buffet for a salad or something but I've been known to be lazy and order a hot dog and slice of pizza for lunch... for the $3 service charge.

As for paying $3 for food you've already paid for, that's not the case. You're paying for delivery service, just as you would for pizza delivered to your cabin. It takes time for the attendant to go and get the food. Usually, I get up and go to the buffet for a salad or something but I've been known to be lazy and order a hot dog and slice of pizza for lunch... for the $3 service charge.

I stand corrected. ;) For you, Pam, the Sanctuary makes financial sense.

I would like to share that on my last cruise, a 10-day on the Emerald this past March, I was able to reserve Sanctuary for the full cruise but they wouldn't let anyone use it on embarkation day.

Was only charged a 9x30 rate, but was disappointed to not be able to utilize the space that first day - was a waste of an afternoon in my opinion.

The prior March I did the same 10-day trip on the same boat and we had use of the space on embarkation day?

Is this an example of Princess inconsistencies?

I would like to share that on my last cruise, a 10-day on the Emerald this past March, I was able to reserve Sanctuary for the full cruise but they wouldn't let anyone use it on embarkation day.

Was only charged a 9x30 rate, but was disappointed to not be able to utilize the space that first day - was a waste of an afternoon in my opinion.

The prior March I did the same 10-day trip on the same boat and we had use of the space on embarkation day?

Yes, another of many Princess inconsistencies :-)

When we booked the Sanctuary for a full cruise on the Emerald in 2013, not only did we not get the price break but we were charged for 10 days when we only had access for 9. We did enjoy it but did not book it on our next cruise.

I agree with Pam that booking an oceanview or inside cabin and the Sanctuary is a good option for some.

The food is healthier and different there, plus there is always cucumber and lemon water for free. If you don't have a balcony and will have some warm weather, it's wonderful. We booked it in Alaska and hardly used it, but wonderful for warmer locations.

I don't think so. In 2009 we reserved the Sanctuary on the Emerald for the cruise duration and it was $15x10 days pp and we could use it embarkation day. We were on the first cruise this past February/March on the Emerald when the price went up to $30 per day for cruise duration. I was told by one of the Stewards the reason they were not allowing anyone to use it the first day was A) PAX may not like being charged $30 and only being able to use for a few hours (With muster drill in the middle of the afternoon), and B) because they wanted it looking nice for tours to possible single use PAX

In 2009 we reserved the Sanctuary on the Emerald for the cruise duration and it was $15x10 days pp and we could use it embarkation day. We were on the first cruise this past February/March on the Emerald when the price went up to $30 per day for cruise duration. I was told by one of the Stewards the reason they were not allowing anyone to use it the first day was A) PAX may not like being charged $30 and only being able to use for a few hours (With muster drill in the middle of the afternoon), and B) because they wanted it looking nice for tours to possible single use PAX

Were they charging for one day less if purchased for the cruise duration? (6x30 for a 7 day cruise, for example)