Sanctuary pricing

Carla3

Can someone clarify who has booked the sanctuary for the full cruise if the $30 per cruise day means "sea"days" or every day even when in port. Here is a screen shot from web page [ATTACH]318678[/ATTACH]

I'm going on a 15 day Hawaiian cruise with 4 port days. If I pay per day at $40 per day when I'm not in port that will cost me $440 ($40 x 11). If I booked the entire cruise at $30 per day and I have to pay for port days then that will cost $450 ($30 x15). I would think princess would give me a better discount if I commit to full cruise. I do realize that booking for the entire cruise is more convenient cause hubby won't have to line up every morning.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

You may want to consider booking the Sanctuary for the entire cruise when doing the 14-day Hawaii. Now granted, things may have changed since I did it back in 2010, but I would have had no trouble wandering in at 10 or 11 am and getting a chair. The first two sea days are often windy and cool, as are the last two. Depending on what you plan on doing in each port you may not even use the Sanctuary every port day.

When we went they were offering a package for the first 6-days, and then it was individual days after that. Day one was sunny but very cool. I used 3 blankets and was sitting in the sun. Day two was too cool and overcast to use it. The next two sea days were just find. We barely used it the first two port days, and just skipped it the next two port days. On the return journey home we booked afternoons only on sea days 5 & 6 (The Sanctuary Stewards didn't mind if we showed up early because it was so little used, and we had tipped them well). I don't think we used it the last two sea days because of weather, but did use it the day in Ensenada, which we treated as a sea day, and had lovely weather.

I can understand any reluctance to leave availability to chance. I love the Sanctuary myself. Maybe others who have done the Hawaiian cruise more often can chime in with their thoughts.

I can understand any reluctance to leave availability to chance. I love the Sanctuary myself. Maybe others who have done the Hawaiian cruise more often can chime in with their thoughts.
I agree. I love the Sanctuary and book it on warm weather cruises. As said, if you book for the whole cruise, that's exactly what it means. If you're on a 7-day cruise, you'd pay 7x$30/lounger; a 14-day cruise, you'd pay 14x$30/lounger.

The Sanctuary is a relatively small section far forward on the ships that have one (far aft on the Island and Coral Princess) that's adults only. You book "your" lounger and no one else can use that lounger for the length of time you've booked. You can come and go as you please. The loungers are large and super comfortable, attendants are there to take drink and food orders ($3 delivery charge for food) and they bring iced towels on hot days, blankets on cool days.

This is from the Sapphire but it's pretty typical:

ga9ezynu.jpg

Do the prices vary according the cruise?

I ask because I have just received a promotional flyer from Princess for next year where it quotes 10 US Dollars for half a day.

I would be interested at that price:)

Do the prices vary according the cruise?

I ask because I have just received a promotional flyer from Princess for next year where it quotes 10 US Dollars for half a day.

I would be interested at that price:)

Where did you get that promo rate, if you don't mind me asking?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

is this what is available to full suite guest? I know we have use of the lotus thermal spa just not sure if this is it. Thanks for all the help.this is our first cruise with Princess so trying to learn all we can:)
Anyone can book the Sanctuary regardless of cabin type. It is not a full suite perk.

As for the $10/half-day price, I'm sure that's a typo. Prices changed (doubled to $20/half-day) a few months ago and it's more likely that the promotional materials are either older or not updated. Since the Sanctuary is first come, first served, I don't see a special pricing promo as possible. It's usually sold out very quickly.

is this what is available to full suite guest? I know we have use of the lotus thermal spa just not sure if this is it. Thanks for all the help.this is our first cruise with Princess so trying to learn all we can:)

The Sanctuary is available to everyone regardless of cabin category on a first come first served basis. The Thermal suite is different and it is a suite perk on ships that have a Thermal suite. It is not a perk on the two new ships, the Regal and the Royal, which instead have a place called the Enclave for which everyone must pay.

The price of 10$ for half a day appears in a leaflet entitled Med and Northern Europe 2015 which came in the post today from Princess.

It offers up to 600$ on board credit and talks about how you might spend it. Options include the Sanctuary;

"You will soon discover 10$ ~ couldn't be better spent.

~ Based on half a day."

It occurred to me whether us English are too tight to pay the full price!:)

The price of 10$ for half a day appears in a leaflet entitled Med and Northern Europe 2015 which came in the post today from Princess.

It offers up to 600$ on board credit and talks about how you might spend it. Options include the Sanctuary;

"You will soon discover 10$ ~ couldn't be better spent.

~ Based on half a day."

It occurred to me whether us English are too tight to pay the full price!:)

Somebody screwed up. The cost has doubled. :(

I looked at carbil's post with pictures of the Pacific sanctuary. The loungers have the thin blue pads nothing even close to the Goldens. Plus only the salt water whirlpool (that's what the picture looks like). Also read (now I can't find it) no service in this area like on other ships.

Now question, would anybody know if they still charge 40 a day? We alway use the spa pool in the evening, but this isn't an option this trip so want to know if it would be worth going there first thing.

I looked at carbil's post with pictures of the Pacific sanctuary. The loungers have the thin blue pads nothing even close to the Goldens. Plus only the salt water whirlpool (that's what the picture looks like). Also read (now I can't find it) no service in this area like on other ships.

Now question, would anybody know if they still charge 40 a day? We alway use the spa pool in the evening, but this isn't an option this trip so want to know if it would be worth going there first thing.

The Pacific Princess does not have a Sanctuary. Yes, the charge is $40/day/pp, $20/half day/pp, or $30/day/pp if bought for the length of the cruise.

can you book the sanctuary in advance or do you wait until you get on the ship? Also, where on the ship do you book the sanctuary?

You have to wait until you're onboard to book -- and if you're interested in booking for the entire cruise, zoom up there straightaway upon boarding, as it can get reserved very quickly. When I say "there" -- to answer your second question -- I mean the Sanctuary itself. There'll be someone at the entrance to show you which loungers are still open, help you select yours, and get you booked. Check the deck plan of your ship for the fastest route there, bearing in mind that on boarding day, stairs are always faster than elevators! Good luck.

The Pacific Princess does not have a Sanctuary. Yes, the charge is $40/day/pp, $20/half day/pp, or $30/day/pp if bought for the length of the cruise.

Thanks as alway for your response Pam. Does that mean on the Pacific we can use the salt water pool and steam rooms like on the Golden (though that area is a pool & 2 hot tubs) and other ships we have been on.

Thanks as alway for your response Pam. Does that mean on the Pacific we can use the salt water pool and steam rooms like on the Golden (though that area is a pool & 2 hot tubs) and other ships we have been on.
It's been too long since I've cruised on a former "R" ship nor do I use the pool or hot tubs. :(

The Pacific, as Pam says, does not have a Sanctuary but it does have the Lotus Spa Private Sun Deck which, at least until the recent Sanctuary price increase on other ships, had the same pricing as the Sanctuary.

Within this area is the Thalassotherapy pool (looks like a big hot tub to me) which is only available to those who pay for the Private Sun Deck.

The ship's main (and only) real pool is a saltwater pool and is available to everybody.

1286382712_03012_20.07LotusSpaprivatesundeckdeck9100_9383.jpg.203267b539907c33dc6f84d48f9112a7.jpg

2060087830_03112_20.07LotusSpaThalassotherapypooldeck9100_9384.jpg.0df14fb6aa8039fa9c1f9491e6df7d1a.jpg

Thanks folks, we will have plenty to do without the spa pool in the evenings. We are still at #13 on the waitlist for early seating. No big deal having late as this will be a first time on this for us. We may like it and will just adjust accordingly.