Exceptionally fast respose to sharholder benefit request

cruiseidaho

i haven't sailed in a couple of years and have misplaced the email address to send Stockholder info.
They now ask you to send by fax or regular mail only. E-mail is more convenient, but you have to be extra careful how you send your confidential information. I imagine that lots of people were just e-mailing them their whole brokerage statements or what appeared to be a cropped and redacted document but actually contained the entire file intact…

That said, someone may be able to give you an e-mail address and you may still be able to get your benefit processed that way.

I recommend sending by fax. Even if you haven't seen a fax machine in 10 years, there are ways to send files from your computer to a fax number for free. I've done this twice in the past two weeks. Princess did not send any sort of confirmation, but the credit appeared within one or two days in the Cruise Personalizer.

Edited by hawkeyetlse

The last two times I faxed in my info and was amazed that the info appeared on my account within 15 minutes the first time and 20 the second. Must have been a really quiet day both times or Princess really likes me :)

i haven't sailed in a couple of years and have misplaced the email address to send Stockholder info. If someone could post it would be appreciated.

Thank you.

I also faxed mine in and saw it on my account within 48 hours (maybe sooner but I wasn't checking that often LOL)

Here's the link or you can just google "Carnival Shareholder Benefit" I am also attaching the PDF with all the contact info

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=140690&p=irol-sharebenefit

Shareholder Benefit 2014.pdf

Edited by cinbol
spelling

I'm really glad that it worked so well for you guys. Mine did not. I tried all weekend to fax it without success and the problem was on their end. I know that because I tested sending a fax to another company. So, on Monday I snail mailed it. It hasn't shown up as yet on our booking but I honestly didn't expect it to be there so quickly. I do appreciate the on board credit tho.

Barbara

I recommend sending by fax. Even if you haven't seen a fax machine in 10 years, there are ways to send files from your computer to a fax number for free. I've done this twice in the past two weeks. Princess did not send any sort of confirmation, but the credit appeared within one or two days in the Cruise Personalizer.

Right, no confirmation except it shows up on your personalizer. I believe that they also send a confirmation to your TA if you do use one.

One improvement is that now they do send an e-mail if you do something incorrectly. Our stockbroker sent in a letter that we owned 100 shares of Carnival stock. I received an e-mail that this was not sufficient to receive the credit. I had him send in the page of our statement showing our Carnival stock holding with our account number deleted, and the credit showed up that very same day. The first time, years ago, we applied for the credit, our account number was not deleted. I was never notified of the problem. It was only when I called and asked if they had received the request that I found it was just thrown out because it contained that information. (We did get the credit when it was redone properly.)

While it's not required, Princess has an application form containing all of the info to request Shareholder OBC. If you go to this post there's a PDF file of this form that Princess emailed to me:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=43222359&postcount=25

Edited by Astro Flyer

Please could one of you nice folks tell me where I should look in my cruise personaliser for the shareholder OBC?

I emailed Princess UK office with the share holding details but I think I did it too soon, I'm sure I read that it has to be 90 days before sailing and when I contacted them it was 99 days. Will they just keep the details or do I need to email again?

Thanks,

Pj

Ps. This will be my first Princess cruise

Edited by Pjran

Please could one of you nice folks tell me where I should look in my cruise personaliser for the shareholder OBC?

On the top half of your main personalizer screen is a row of links. The third from the left should say "Payments and Credits". Click there and you should see a summary of all your onboard credits. If you have a TA, you will not see payments, just credits.

I emailed Princess UK office with the share holding details but I think I did it too soon, I'm sure I read that it has to be 90 days before sailing and when I contacted them it was 99 days. Will they just keep the details or do I need to email again?

Thanks,

Pj

It is under Payments and Credits.

Could anyone tell me the OBC for an 11 day cruise, balcony cabin. Tried to find it on Princess site but couldn't. Thank you

It's on the application form I posted (#12) & the same for any type of cabin...$100

6 or less days: $50/£25

7-13: $100/£50

14+: $250/£125

Edited by Astro Flyer

Is final payment required before applying for the shareholder OBC?

Also on the application form I posted it says "shares certificate and brokerage statement should be dated no earlier than 3 months prior to cruise departure date". That's one of the reasons why they say to apply after final payment which generally is 75 days before sailing. Another reason is that so many people cancel & by requiring application after final payment the process is more efficient & we get it issued quicker.

The application form answers many questions about the procedure.

Edited by Astro Flyer

Is final payment required before applying for the shareholder OBC?
The form mentioned above says "This offer can only be applied to bookings under deposit." I guess that technically means that you don't have to have paid in full yet. But the proof of ownership that you submit can't be older than 3 months before your sail date. By the time you have that, you'll be past or near final payment anyway (120 or 75 days before departure).

Also on the application form I posted it says "shares certificate and brokerage statement should be dated no earlier than 3 months prior to cruise departure date". That's one of the reasons why they say to apply after final payment which generally is 75 days before sailing. Another reason is that so many people cancel & by requiring application after final payment the process is more efficient & we get it issued quicker

Exactly. :)

Thanks,

Pj

Hi PJ

Your request must be WITHIN the 90 days mark so 99 days out it will most likely be ignored ( I actually got an email from Princess telling me I sent it too soon once!)

To find your OBC - sign in on Princess

- click on MY PRINCESS go to your

- CRUISE PERSONALIZER and look at the tab that says

- PAYMENTS & CREDITS.

Once on that page scroll down and you will see any and all credits being applied to your account. You will not see any "gifts" that have been purchased for you but you will get a note when you embark (my sister gave us OBC's for a Christmas gift last winter)

If you are a first time Princess Cruiser make sure you check for Veteran Benefits as well. In the USA my DH gets $100 OBC for having served in the Military. There is a link for this as well on Princess.

Hi PJ

Your request must be WITHIN the 90 days mark so 99 days out it will most likely be ignored ( I actually got an email from Princess telling me I sent it too soon once!)

I'm guessing that it might depend on how busy folks are at Princess HQ. I sent my request in around 115 days before my upcoming October sailing and it was posted within hours.

I didn't intentionally disregard the rules, I was unaware of them having just purchased the stock. Guess I was so excited at the prospect of getting the $250 credit that I neglected to check the rules before sending in the paperwork . :o I know I'll be able to temper my enthusiasm the next time and will wait to send the documentation until the proper time.

Edited by TBcruiserguy