Enchantment of the seas feedback please.

As a gift to my mom, she and I (44) are going, in September, on the 3 night Bahamas and I was wondering if you could give me some feedback on things to do or what not to miss on the ship. We aren't "drinkers" but we'll have a drink every once in a while. We really don't gamble. How is the MDR food and service? How is the atmosphere on the ship?

Also, in Nassau... Suggestions?

The last time I went to Nassau was over 11 years ago on the Nordic Empress!! 😮 Yes! Before it was Empress of the Seas and then got sent to the Mediterranean! Wow, huh?

Anyway, thank you for your suggestions and advice! 😎

We were just on Enchantment this past March. We thought the food was fine and the service was excellent. Going again in October.

We've done Nassau many times, and so don't book excursions anymore. We did a walking tour in Nassau that included a tour of the John Watlings distillery, and also got some conch fritters at the Fish Fry.

I have been to Nassau a lot, and have never done the same thing twice. A lot of people like the Blue Lagoon. You can book an excursion on board, or at the pier (for less than on board). It is more or less a beach day, where you can swim with stingrays, lounge in hammocks, etc.

Then there's the Atlantis. You can take a ferry over for about $2.00 pp one way. Not really much to do there if you don't buy their water park package tho, other than viewing just a part of the aquarium, and gamble.

Then there's the Fish Fry, which is a location of several restaurants and bars on the waterfront. Goldies has some great conch fitters. We took the public bus there ($1.25 pp-- you have to have correct amount, they don't give change). We had lunch and then walked back to the cruise ship, about a 30 or so minute walk, but it was very pleasant and scenic along the beaches.

Best time I ever had tho was hiring a taxi (for 4 of us it was $120.00 total--$30 pp). We had him all day and he took us everywhere we asked (caves, fort, gated community where Sean Connary has a home). Stopped at a store so we could grab a couple of beers for our tour, took us to some of his favorite out of the way places, and we had him drop us off at the Fish Fry so we could get our conch fix at Goldies. Then we walked back to the ship.

Enjoy your cruise!

Edited by Dunfer

Is there a straw market of some kind or was that on Grand Bahama Island? Mom is looking for souvenirs for the grandchildren (3yr-19yr). I know she can get some stuff on board but she was wondering about the shops in Nassau. Maybe under $20?

Is there a straw market of some kind or was that on Grand Bahama Island? Mom is looking for souvenirs for the grandchildren (3yr-19yr). I know she can get some stuff on board but she was wondering about the shops in Nassau. Maybe under $20?

Yes, there is a straw market in Nassau within walking distance of the ship.

We were on the Enchantment in March- in Nassau overnight- so the first afternoon we went to the Melia at Cable Beach which has a day pass to use

their pools and beach area.

The second day, we went to the Blue Lagoon on a ship's excursion for the Dolphin Encounter.

Have been to Nassau several times- have also enjoyed: Atlantis Beach day,

Ardastra Gardens and Zoo, a horse and carriage ride, the British Colonial Hilton, the Pirate's Museum, and walking around Nassau.

There are plenty of shops on Bay St.

We were on Enchantment in May. Short review in my signature below. We had a wonderful time. The food was very good and our wait staff was amazing. Everyone on the ship was polite and in good spirits.

We did Blue Lagoon at Nassau. It was great. There is a straw market but I didn't enjoy it. Way too pushy. Way too crowded together. But that's just my personal taste, even though I really enjoy my wooden windchimes I got there. I just had to get in and get out quick. :p

That was a great review SMN73!! What is Mlife - You said you could sign up and board with a gold level. Does it only work for the gold level or if you are gold, will they move you up to the next level?

Thanks for your feedback on the ship and Nassau! I look forward to hearing more from other members! [emoji3]

That was a great review SMN73!! What is Mlife - You said you could sign up and board with a gold level. Does it only work for the gold level or if you are gold, will they move you up to the next level?

Thanks for your feedback on the ship and Nassau! I look forward to hearing more from other members! [emoji3]

Some info on the M-Life / Royal partnership:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/contentWithGallery.do?pagename=mgm_partnership

[http://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/shared_assets/pdf/13032611_RCA_MGM_BENEFITS_GRID_v3.pdf

Edited by clarea

We just returned form the Enchantment. Truly exceeded our expectations!

Feel free to check out my review with photos (link below!) :)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=43321527#post43321527

Also, feel free to ask questions.

Edited by Tapi

We just returned this morning! Great cruise, super easy embarkation & disembarkation, except for being selected to have our bags randomly searched by Customs!:D

Food in MDR was really good! We did the Rainbow Reef snorkeling tour which was great for snorkeling. Had a lovely day on Coco Cay, one of the best days weather wise ever!

Over all, a nice way to spend 4 days!

Sherri:)

Tapi- Awesome review and pictures! Thanks!

Does the Park Cafe in the solarium cost anything? You mentioned they made salads etc... Also, sorry to hear about the MDR! Some people haven't had issues that they mentioned and one review mentioned how good and attentive they were. I wonder if it has to do with anytime dining or the scheduled diners.

sjb317- glad you had a great time. Glad to hear the food in the MDR was good. How was your service?

I prefer smaller ships so I hope it will be a great get away! I sailed on Grandure of the seas and I really liked it!!

Does the Park Cafe in the solarium cost anything? You mentioned they made salads etc... Also, sorry to hear about the MDR! Some people haven't had issues that they mentioned and one review mentioned how good and attentive they were. I wonder if it has to do with anytime dining or the scheduled diners.

sjb317- glad you had a great time. Glad to hear the food in the MDR was good. How was your service?

I prefer smaller ships so I hope it will be a great get away! I sailed on Grandure of the seas and I really liked it!!

Park Cafe is a complimentary venue.

Service throughout the ship was very good! We did MTD and had the same table/wait staff each night. Service was excellent, and as I said, the food was very good. My favorite thing each night was the basket of warm, almost hot :D rolls placed on the table. So good! The chicken marsala on the last night was absolutely excellent and my husband really liked his prime rib.

Muster drill was the quickest I've ever experienced. The Captain dismissed us after the life vest demo and then gave a speech as we were all leaving. So much better than having to stand through a long speech!:D

We prefer smaller ships too. This was our 3rd time on Enchantment.

Glad to hear about your experience with the service. Is the specialty restaurant really worth it? Some posts say you can order from there in the MDR with a charge. What is the charge? The menu posted doesn't show lobster for either restaurants. Is there lobster on 3 night cruises? I'm used to 7 night cruises.

Thank you all!

We did not have lobster on our 4 night sailing without an upcharge. There was escargot one night. We did my time dining but had reservations each night. No wait and got the same servers each night. I think I mentioned in the review I went on day one and asked for a table by the window. We sat there each night. Great decision. It was lovely watching the water while we ate and we were out of the foot traffic of the main isle. Park Cafe salads are yum!! As is the roast beef and the little sandwiches.

I can't tell you more about mlife than what you received from another poster. If you are already gold don't know what benefit you'd get if any. Since this was or first cruise we got the gold discounts... Which I forgot about and didn't use once!! :p

Glad to hear about your experience with the service. Is the specialty restaurant really worth it? Some posts say you can order from there in the MDR with a charge. What is the charge? The menu posted doesn't show lobster for either restaurants. Is there lobster on 3 night cruises? I'm used to 7 night cruises.

Thank you all!

There is no lobster on the 3 or 4 night cruise. There are several items on the MDR menu you can order from Chops (I think one was a surf & turf?) but I did not pay much attention to them or the charge for it. We did not eat in Chops on this cruise as we were happy to stay in MDR.

The barbecue on Coco Cay was actually pretty good, although my husband said the ribs were tasty but a little tough. We were the only ship at Coco Cay and Barefoot Beach was almost empty!:D

I am looking forward to Coco Cay! If I remember correctly, there were chairs under shade (palm trees, umbrellas, etc.) I read in a review that there were "cabanas" to rent. Any information on this subject? Specifics?

I can't wait until the cruise! Thanks again!

I am looking forward to Coco Cay! If I remember correctly, there were chairs under shade (palm trees, umbrellas, etc.) I read in a review that there were "cabanas" to rent. Any information on this subject? Specifics?

I can't wait until the cruise! Thanks again!

I believe the cabanas are $200 per cabana and hold up to 6 people. You reserve a cabana by going to Explorations as soon as you board. They give suite guests first shot at the cabanas.

There are other places to find shade too though, right? At least chairs or reclining chairs?

I also wanted to ask: in the MDR, the menus are titled and listed here: http://www.royalcaribbeanpresscenter.com/press-kit/9/culinary-press-kit/

What are the nights that a 3 night cruise get to eat? Does anyone remember?

There are other places to find shade too though, right? At least chairs or reclining chairs?

I also wanted to ask: in the MDR, the menus are titled and listed here: http://www.royalcaribbeanpresscenter.com/press-kit/9/culinary-press-kit/

What are the nights that a 3 night cruise get to eat? Does anyone remember?

There are loungers all over, and some are near trees that give some shade. In the past, there have also been umbrellas to rent.

All I know about the menu is that Mojo is the first night, and there's no night with free lobster.

On barefoot beach there are umbrellas and cabanettes for rent. I can't tell you the cost though. :( I'm sure you can get that info from the excursions desk on day one very easily. I thought I heard another guest mention $50 for the cabanettes but please don't hold me to that.

However we were one of two ships in port and barefoot beach had maybe 15 people there... We parked under some palm trees and there was no one around us. So if you want action and people stay close to the main area... There are lots of loungers. For more peacefulness go to barefoot beach. My suggestion if you do... Wear shoes and take the nature trail. It's much easier.

Also, the earlier you get there the more selection of loungers you have.

Edited by SMN73