What is your Happiness?

geocruiser

Boarding the ship, walking into the cabin -- Exhale --aaahhh we're home :)

Cori

Leaving San Pedro, it is only 45 minutes away as well. Speedy checking by Princess, and within 2 hours I am on board, drink in hand and shifted gears into vacation mode! Best happiness feeling I can think of.

Happiness for me is when you first step on board a new ship. Everything is new, no matter how old the boat is. Just walking through the ship for the first time and then they announce that rooms are ready. Being unpacked and heading out to explore some more, knowing that your entire vacation is in front of you. Man, what a feeling....41 days away for me.

"My happiness comes when I awake at the pre-cruise hotel the morning we board the ship. At that point, the work is behind us, the fun lies ahead. It's like Christmas morning and the first morning of summer vacation rolled into one. It's a wonderful feeling"

This sums it up perfectly....just perfectly!

me too. getting the coloured luggage tags in the mail was so exciting! it meant cruise time was close.

That reminded me of another happiness for me. It's on Day 75 pre-cruise when I print the boarding pass and put it on the refrigerator door.

Edited by FritzG

me too. getting the coloured luggage tags in the mail was so exciting! it meant cruise time was close.

Agreed........... always enjoyed getting that "packet" in the mail with the luggage tags, boarding pass & other info.

Liked reading the ticket book from front to back.....several times. :D

"My happiness comes when I awake at the pre-cruise hotel the morning we board the ship. At that point, the work is behind us, the fun lies ahead. It's like Christmas morning and the first morning of summer vacation rolled into one. It's a wonderful feeling"

Welcome home!:)

All these reasons are great.... including the goat cheese souffle, dreaming of that now!

The biggest happiness for me comes when I have no phone calls and no emails to check for 10 whole days... that is living!

All these reasons are great.... including the goat cheese souffle, dreaming of that now!

The biggest happiness for me comes when I have no phone calls and no emails to check for 10 whole days... that is living!

Isn't it great!?!:D:D:D I have so many emails and phone calls coming at me each day on my job it is just so nice when I don't have to check either one!

Liked reading the ticket book from front to back.....several times. :D

yes! the blue ticket and transfer...I think I might still have the booklet from my first cruise.

Edited by cdngrl

There is no way to pick one thing, but a room service waiter on the Ruby summed it up best. He came to deliver our morning coffee and asked if he could open the drapes to the balcony. He went and opened them and he said, "How wonderful, you go to sleep in Naples and wake up in Mykonos!" So I guess if I had to pick, it would be getting to see the world without excessive packing and unpacking, but I'm fond of the raspberry martinis ;)

WEGL81, on princess ships, there's no waiting. you go right to your stateroom when you embark.

Hmmm, when we went on the Sapphire last August we had to wait until 1 PM. We boarded around 11:30. Maybe different ships have different policies, but I distinctly recall having to head to the Horizon court to wait for the rooms to be ready.

Yesss! Like Christmas morning and the first morning of summer vacation as a kid. Excellent description.