post cruise car rental Port Everglades

cindyscruise

I did a search and seems like conflicting info. We want to rent a car for the day after our Oasis cruise. We would need to be picked up at the port. we are returning the car at the FL airport since we have a late flight. Anyone know which rental agency will pick us up and also any suggestions of what to do for 9 hours? Thank you in advance

I did a search and seems like conflicting info. We want to rent a car for the day after our Oasis cruise. We would need to be picked up at the port. we are returning the car at the FL airport since we have a late flight. Anyone know which rental agency will pick us up and also any suggestions of what to do for 9 hours? Thank you in advance

I believe Budget and Avis have locations on 17th St with shuttles to the cruise terminals.

Dollar/Thrifty is just outside port and they will pick you up in shuttle. We usually get a car and drive to Sawgrass Mills to do a bit of shopping and then we see a movie, have a bit to eat and head to the airport.

Alamo and National have a free shuttle that will pick you up at the port and bring you to the airport where the car rentals are for the respective agencies. Dollar has a station right outside the port and will also pick you up via shuttle. We have used both recently.

Alamo and National have a free shuttle that will pick you up at the port and bring you to the airport where the car rentals are for the respective agencies. Dollar has a station right outside the port and will also pick you up via shuttle. We have used both recently.

And after you drop your car at the airport will National take you to the port as well? We're a group of six and I'm wondering if one of us should drop all the luggage at the port first before going back for the people, dropping the car and then taking the shuttle.

I would call them to double check. We rented with dollar pre cruise and Alamo post cruise due to the pricing. Dollar was right outside the cruise terminal and took us right to the port. Alamo was at the airport so we took the shuttle at the port to the airport.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a van rented from budget for our two days pre cruise in the FLL area. I have a airport pick up and 17th St drop off. We got what I think is a good rate but I found a better rate via my credit card but they do not allow to reserve a car as a one way. Even better rate if I pick a different company. Then doing the same post cruise as we have a later flight and figured we would enjoy the day.

Its not big money but its about $25 I could save. But is it worth the hassle? Ive never been to Ft Lauderdale so I'm going in blind. Maybe its not a big deal to shuttle back to the airport. I planned on having my hubby drop the family and bags off at the port then return the car anyway so guess its not my hassle :p

Suggestions or comments??