Calling All Past Norwegian Dawn Passengers...

Beach Mama3

Help!

I have been doing much research on the cabins and was ready to book our family of four. However, I was going to make sure that we got two pullmans instead of the dreaded hsptl bed/trundle I have seen pictures of. Doing my research!! :D

However, I have now been told by the TA that the DAWN does not have ANY cabins with two pullmans. All cabins have that dreaded trundle when attempting to sleep 4 in a room. Now, let me explain why I say dreaded before I have someone tell me that I am not in the cabin much and it really should not make that much difference; my son is over 6 ft as well as my hubby. They do need a good night sleep. It's an issue.

I really didn't want to pass this cruise up but might have to. :confused: Can anyone confirm or deny this info?? Help!

Thanks!

Beach Mama

Help!

I have been doing much research on the cabins and was ready to book our family of four. However, I was going to make sure that we got two pullmans instead of the dreaded hsptl bed/trundle I have seen pictures of. Doing my research!! :D

However, I have now been told by the TA that the DAWN does not have ANY cabins with two pullmans. All cabins have that dreaded trundle when attempting to sleep 4 in a room. Now, let me explain why I say dreaded before I have someone tell me that I am not in the cabin much and it really should not make that much difference; my son is over 6 ft as well as my hubby. They do need a good night sleep. It's an issue.

I really didn't want to pass this cruise up but might have to. :confused: Can anyone confirm or deny this info?? Help!

Thanks!

Beach Mama

At first I was trying to figure out what you were calling all of us past Dawn passengers.

The new insides on 12 have the two pull downs (at least some of them do).

I cannot tell you about all cabins. I will say we had two twin beds (convertable to queen), a Pullman, and one pop-up trundle bed stored under one of the main beds. GD wanted trundle, not Pullman, and expressed no complaints. With the extra bed popped up, many cabins end up seeming wall to wall bed, but I have seen photos of alternate bedding arrangements that might help that a bit.

With four large people, have you priced two neighboring or connecting cabins? If you are lucky, the cost might not be much higher, and you'd get double space, way more privacy, two bathrooms and regular beds for all four of you.

Rooms 12015 and 12519 have the two pull down beds from the wall - I'm guessing all that were added do to, but then again, I'm only guessing on the other rooms. Talking to NCL directly may not give you a correct answer either as that may very well be where your TA is getting their info from.

At first I was trying to figure out what you were calling all of us past Dawn passengers.

The new insides on 12 have the two pull downs (at least some of them do).

Cruisedeckplans.com shows cabin 12519, an inside with two pull down beds with the queen under. It is one of the newer insides at the forward area of the 12th deck.

Kerry

YES, the new insides on deck 12 DO have 2 Pullmans off the wall. The bathroom is fantastic.

The mini suites on the dawn have a sleep sofa for 2, not sure if you and DH could sleep on that and then have the 2 beds for the other 2.

True.

But it would be a cold day in he.. that I would sleep on the pullout while my kids (probably not paying) sleep on the real beds.

Nope. I would pay for an inside for them, their beds and their "stuff".

Have you considered a family suite w/o balcony? It has enough to sleep 6. A the regular twins together, a Pullman and a murphy bed, it mat be worth the extra cost if you can get 3rd person free which is going on now.

We've cruised twice in the family suite w/o balcony, and we love those suites (with a wall of glass), but I don't recall any Pullman. There's a king bed (which doesn't separate), a Murphy double bed, and a fold out sofa. There's pull-out curtains, and a pull-out wooden wall to separate the sleeping areas, while still leaving plenty of open space, and easy access to the bathroom. This cabin is spacious for four (400+ sq ft). You also get suite perks, including breakfast & lunch at Cagney's all week.

Help!

Thanks!

Beach Mama

A TA is a paid (by you) travel expert that many people rely on during their vacation planning.

I think I'd be less than pleased knowing that I was paying a TA to give me incorrect information when I could simply get the correct information from strangers on an Internet message board . . . for free. It would always make me wonder what other information the TA may have provided that might also be incorrect.

It would appear that the posters here are of a different opinion than the TA you are paying. :o I'd imagine that this puts you in quite a spot as to how to handle the issue.

I hope you find a cabin that meets your needs and allows you to have a fantastic time onboard. The Dawn is a great ship!

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the great info! I can always rely on CC members for the real story. My TA is an NCL TA. :confused:

After the final payment last week we were assigned our cabin wich was supposed to have the two pullmans - and of course it did not. He is now searching the ship for a cabin like this. Maybe he should be looking here!! I have sent him another email letting him know I did the leg work and deck 12 is the place.

Crossing my fingers!!

b.