Any RCI Ships Still Have "The Liars Club"?

We only caught it on one of the RCI cruises we have been on and it was one of the funniest shows we can remember. I have looked for it ever since and haven't seen it in years! Anyone seen it lately???

In case you haven't seen it before...the "cast" tells an outrageous story that features an obscure word and then gives you 3 multiple choice definitions to choose from. They did 3 rounds and it really was a laugh out loud show.

In case you haven't seen it before...the "cast" tells an outrageous story that features an obscure word and then gives you 3 multiple choice definitions to choose from. They did 3 rounds and it really was a laugh out loud show.

That sounds like fun. If it isn't around you'll have to suggest they bring it back on your guest questionnaire :-)

We haven't seen it since the Adventure in 2005. Wonder why they phased it out?

I don't know. I know that on Mariner in 2008, there was a very talented group of people on the entertainment staff, and they did an excellent job. I haven't seen a group like that since.

I don't know. I know that on Mariner in 2008, there was a very talented group of people on the entertainment staff, and they did an excellent job. I haven't seen a group like that since.

Agree! We had two men and a woman that were on the CD staff and they were hysterical! Probably a lot less expensive than some of the comedians they bring onboard:rolleyes:

We always love that one too and have been disappointed that we haven't seen it in a while. We were excited when we saw it in the Cruise Compass in April on Independence. When we got there, it was not only full, but we estimate at least a hundred people were standing so we didn't stay.

I've been on three Celebrity cruises in the past two years and they always have it.

Also have cute little electronic remotes for the audience to vote as to who is telling the truth.

We had it on our Celebrity cruise in May -- it was hysterical! The captain and the cruise director played off each other really well and it made the show.

We also saw it on Celebrity (Silhouette) last year and it was a great time! I haven't seen it yet on Royal though.

I know that it has been featured on more than one RCI cruise we have taken over the past year. I believe that the cruise director has a major role in deciding which activities to schedule during a cruise, which may explain why some things are featured on nearly every ship and every cruise and others seem confined to a particular cruise or cruise ships. I do know that only a few years ago, Dan Whitney resurrected the "If I were not upon the Sea" skit for the last night of our New Year's cruise. It had been a decade or more since I last saw that classic.:)

I know that it has been featured on more than one RCI cruise we have taken over the past year. I believe that the cruise director has a major role in deciding which activities to schedule during a cruise, which may explain why some things are featured on nearly every ship and every cruise and others seem confined to a particular cruise or cruise ships. I do know that only a few years ago, Dan Whitney resurrected the "If I were not upon the Sea" skit for the last night of our New Year's cruise. It had been a decade or more since I last saw that classic.:)

Never saw that skit before...will have to be on the lookout:)

INDEPENDENCE of the Seas.

I just cruised her B2B in April-May.

I loved the Activities Manager Tim Connor SO MUCH as King Julian, that I begged him to change things up on the second leg.

"Just for me", they changed the entire script!

TOO TOO TOO funny. Wear Depends. You will pee your pants.

:D

Never saw that skit before...will have to be on the lookout:)

It was retired many years ago and I don't know that anyone besides Dan has revived it In fact, I don't even know if he does it regularly or if this was a one of a time situation. Perhaps others who have sailed with Dan Whitney can indicate whether her regularly schedules it.

It was retired many years ago and I don't know that anyone besides Dan has revived it In fact, I don't even know if he does it regularly or if this was a one of a time situation. Perhaps others who have sailed with Dan Whitney can indicate whether her regularly schedules it.

The only time that I have ever seen this famous skit was on a Princess cruise 8 years ago. :eek: